Start by marking “Strictly Business (Harlequin Romance, No. 2951)” as Want to Read:
Strictly Business (Harlequin Romance, No. 2951)

Strictly Business (Harlequin Romance, No. 2951)

3.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  46 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The friendship between Gianna West and Blake Whittaker had never interfered with their business partnership, Westway Cosmetics. But when Gianna's brilliant ideas for marketing their newest perfume throw Blake into the arms of the world's most gorgeous model, Gianna begins to wonder if he's involved in monkey business instead.
Published December 1st 1988 by Harlequin Books (first published November 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Strictly Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strictly Business

Andrea Guy
Nov 04, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it liked it
I usually love Leigh's books but for some reason this one just didn't do it for me.

Its the story of two friends that really need to get it together but haven't.

I think it was because Gianna was so oblivious to Blake's attempts for them to get together. She seemed a little too dense.

It wasn't the worst book but it wasn't the best. Still you couldn't help but love both character's parents and while you wanted to scream at Gianna that she needed to open her eyes, Blake was so lovable you couldn't b
EeeJay
May 29, 2011 EeeJay rated it really liked it
You know how some authors just say the H/h were friends? Well, LM proves it. The story was a bit lengthy and the ending was not as satisfactory as I would have liked (probably cuz it wasn't too full of angst and repentance) but I still loved the views of the author in the story (esp about working women - which makes sense cuz LM was a journalist so she knows what's it's like....)

A special mention would be interview that the h gave in the book. All that things she said about feminism made sense t
Kathy Ann
This has been my favorite romance novel for probably 10 years or so. It is such a sweet novel about two people whose friendship turns into something more. It is sweet with nothing raunchy... just a very touching lighthearted romance that leaves your heart happy.
Missy
Nov 29, 2015 Missy rated it really liked it
A sweet romance.

Gianna and Blake really are best friends and boy do they have a wonderful and loving friendship, that really makes you envious.

But all that changes with the contract they sign bringing the most beautiful model into their business and lives......and the kiss that forever changes them.

There is a nice slow build up to them falling in love or should I say Gianna.....this love kind of sneaks up behind her and bits her with the jealously bug.

There is a lot of emotions involved as Gian
Claire
Jul 31, 2011 Claire rated it it was ok
Unrequited love plot with role reversal. I find this book only amusing if I were to remain oblivious to the hero’s feelings for the heroine. Otherwise, it’s cringe-worthy. Had the tables been reversed and it was the heroine being subjected to such disregard, I wouldn’t be satisfied without hefty groveling from the hero. As it is, I think the heroine here got off pretty lightly because the guy was still the one doing the chase at the end.

It’s not that the heroine is mean or apathetic. But it is
Delacey Von Busse
Dec 19, 2015 Delacey Von Busse rated it it was amazing
One of my fav's which I just reread (again). It's a very sweet love story, and I like the characters. I did shake my head as to how she could be oblivious to the hero's feelings, but then he wasn't very forthcoming about his feelings. Overall, this book shall remain in my collection for future rereads.
Booked
Jan 12, 2011 Booked rated it it was amazing
They had always been "just friends"

Gianna West and Blake Whittaker were senior partners of the successful family-owned Westway Cosmetics in Chicago. It was a perfectly satisfactory relationship -- friends since childhood, they were impervious to all matchmaking attempts.

Until Gianna suggested they name their new perfume after a world-famous model. It seemed a brilliant marketing ploy, until Blake started dating the ravishing model, Meghan.

Too late Gianna realized her own folly. She wanted more
Kay
Nov 15, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
I like this story, but think Gianna gets a bit silly about Meghan. All the same the idea of two intelligent people who can't get over the friendship/family barrier is good fun.
Ellen Castillo
Aug 09, 2013 Ellen Castillo rated it it was amazing
This book is on my fave books of all time! I have read this a zillion times! Leigh Michaels is a wonderful author and she seldom disappoints.
Moana
Mar 11, 2010 Moana rated it it was amazing
my all-time favorite romance book! ;-)
Kary
Kary rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2016
Taruna
Taruna marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Carolm
Carolm rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Aleinaaa
Aleinaaa rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Mell
Mell rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Christine Casto
Christine Casto is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2016
Peggy
Peggy added it
Jan 19, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 04, 2016
Teri Zuckerman
Teri Zuckerman marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Marie Shumaker
Marie Shumaker marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Gina Viray-mance
Gina Viray-mance rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
D. Manuel
D. Manuel marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Sue Dwelley
Sue Dwelley marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Hnou
Hnou marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Tammy Tate
Tammy Tate rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Leigh Michaels is the pseudonym used by LeAnn Lemberger (b. July 27 in Iowa, United States), a popular United States writer of over 85 romance novels. She has published with Harlequin, Sourcebooks, Montlake Romance, Writers Digest Books, and Arcadia Publishing. She teaches romance writing at Gotham Writers' Workshop (www.writingclasses.com) She is the author of On Writing Romance.

When Leigh was fi
More about Leigh Michaels...