Start by marking “What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?” as Want to Read:
What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?

What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  421 ratings  ·  60 reviews
Called annoyingly obedient, and dumped for a less submissive bottom, my attempts to recover from Dave have led me to a place where those same traits could mean my survival. An alien holding cell turned out to be a pound, and my new owner is a seven-foot tower of jet-black muscle with raptor legs and shark teeth.

I'm getting the training and discipline I longed for from my
Published June 13th 2008 by Lyrical Press

To ask other readers questions about What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Worse Place Can I Beg in Your Love?

Captive Prince by C.S. PacatDuck! by Kim DareBloodraven by P.L. NunnConcubine by Jill KnowlesCaptive Prince by C.S. Pacat
Best Gay Slaves
21st out of 195 books — 710 voters
Bloodraven by P.L. NunnDuck! by Kim DarePuppy Love by Jeff ErnoThat's What Brothers Do by Derekica SnakeI, Omega by Kari Gregg
Best Gay Humiliation
12th out of 91 books — 155 voters

More lists with this book...

Loederkoningin
A fascinating unputdownable WTF experience. And aren’t those the best experiences? It’s actually been too long to still write a review that will do this quirky little scifi gem justice, but there’s a few things that Mr. Spock and I’d like to say anyway.

He says it better than I ever can, but still.. This 30 pages story was really, very good. The present tense first person narrative worked like a charm here. It intensified my reading experience times 10 and gave me the impression that a thousand
Daisiemae
This was an interesting story to say the least. I honestly don't know what to think about it. I can't decide if I really liked it, or if I hated it. I am having a hard time rating it. First, it is told in first person. But, it is only about 38 pages long, and it is told well enough that the first person aspect of it didn't bother me much.
Second, there is definately a D/s theme to this book. If this bothers you, I wouldn't recommend it.

When I reflect back after reading the book I just realized
Lena♥Ribka
Sep 23, 2014 Lena♥Ribka rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all fans of a mind-fucked-erotica with a primary focus on BDSM
My momma taught me not to use the word FUCK that often. But it is the first word that comes to my mind when I think about this book.

FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK!

My second choice is KINKY , then CRAZY, then WEIRD, then PROVOCATIVE, then SPECTACULAR, then DISTURBING, then STRANGE and then...

FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK! (Sorry mom!)

My emotions after finishing it:

I'm not going to say a lot- The book has only 38 pages.
The key words:

BDSM
Slave
Alien
Pet
Master
FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK*FUCK
JenMcJ
What a very interesting way to look at the relationship between master and pet. It's disturbing in the most delicious way. Even the title, the way I look at it and think about it, trying to make it make sense, fits the story completely. Wow.

I fell asleep thinking about the characters in this book, dreamt about them and woke up at 2:30am still thinking about them. I am still awake nearly two hours later and compelled to write a review.

This is the kind of story that I will think about and rememb
Steelwhisper
This is difficult to review. It has things I absolutely hate to see with D/s, such as the submissive unable to function without a dominant and also the "weak submissive." This gives such a wrong message to the vanilla populace when reading (and ultimately results in such perverted things as "50 Shades of Grey" where BDSM is loathsome and awful as written by a clearly non-BDSM author). This is why this story has only 4 stars and not 5.

BUT, at the same time it also gets so much right, especially w
Isabel
Dec 30, 2013 Isabel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Isabel by: Lena♥Ribka
Interesting... very interesting... and good! So good! This book takes the relationship Master/pet to a new dimension! The pet's need to please, to be taken care, to be commanded, takes him to submit to a very uncommon master, and he is willing to do and accept anything to be kept. Some of their interactions are impressive...

"It’s Master’s. And I realize, I no longer even think: my master. How can I ever use the possessive when I’m owned? He’s Master."
Jenna
It's probably a sign I've read too much weird stuff that I wasn't at all disturbed by this book. I guess after Acquainted with the Night, I've kind of seen it all! This one popped up on my feed months ago, and after glancing at the blurb, I initially dismissed it at the mention of him being a too-submissive slave. I like slaves with spirit, but just like with AWTN, in this case the über-submissiveness did't bother me in the least! It must be that alien masters create the exception to my rule.

Thi
Bryl Tyne
Jan 13, 2009 Bryl Tyne rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: erotica/sci-fi readers
Shelves: favorite, glbt, erotic, sci-fi
Stranded on another planet and becoming a pet to alien lifeforms...definitely different. Especially, when your master takes a liking to you.

That's not what the stories about though. It's about love and loyalty. If you've never thought about what it would be like to love an alien, Syd McGinley can show you.

And yet, as I finished the book, I realized it was profound in an odd sense...What exactly does your pet think of you and your treatment?

I liked how McGinley wove the elements of sci-fi/erotic
Vivian Archer
Engaging, interesting, and well written, but really not my kink. The lack of agency and self are probably the most horrific things I could imagine, so this might be a really great for another reader, but it makes me feel suicidal.
Lilia Ford
Definitely pretty fucked up, though well-executed. I find stories where people are dehumanized generally too disturbing to be enjoyable. This is short at least and not really very brutal, but the narrator's acceptance of his role as pet and the fact that his owner will never see him as more than that creeps me out. Still, McGinley is good at writing stories that get under your skin, and this one is thought-provoking and effective.
Ayanna
...damn...just...damn...

Honestly speaking, I'm pretty damn speechless right now. It's amazingly written. Brilliantly written. Disturbing on a very basic level, but still oddly fascinating in a nuclear-bomb-explosion sort of way.

The concepts are incredibly fascinating in an incredibly disturbing way, but the story itself is amazingly worked.

The blurb is weird. Oddly benign. I may have read it a while ago but I hadn't remembered it when I read it. It puts the entire story in a weird light. A weir
Tymber Dalton
WOW.

This is one of those books that both stunned (in a good way) and disturbed me at the same time the first time I read it. I finished it and re-read it again a couple of days later...and then a third time.

This is not a "touchy-feelie warm fuzzies" story. However, for those who love emotional impact and a deeper psychological delving into their characters, THIS is one of those stories. Very satisfying (for me).

Warning: very graphic, BDSM, D/s, Owner/pet, M/m situations.
Crispy
My squickometer blew a fuse while I was reading this but my backup WTF detector registered five stars. Who am I to mess with alien technology?
Danny Tyran
The MC becomes the pet of a big black extraterrestrial and he soon loves it. I loved it too!
Emily Moore

I have to start with the fact that the warning made me chuckle a bit with the inclusion of "alien-man sex". If that doesn’t entice you to want to read this story simply to find out what that disclaimer is all about, I don’t know what will!

This is an intense story that is very different, yet also similar, to the stories that fans of McGinley will be familiar with. It is a BDSM tale, but it is one set outside of the boundaries of human civilization. This is a sci-fi story, as the warning
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
For a very short story this one packed quite a wallop! Interesting characters - and the book didn't go beyond just a few which is good for the size of it. I'm not normally into the whole "pet" thing with cages and such but it is really done well here and entirely plausable. Maybe I just need a SciFi setting for it to work. The inner thoughts of the slave here are just enough so you can understand without coming off as whiny or overtly emotional. I very much enjoyed this short story and will be l ...more
Fangtasia
Packs quite a punch in a very short space. If you ever wanted to delve deeper into the D/s, pet/slave dynamic, this is a good way to do so. Excellent writing, made this reader invested in a character who never speaks an intelligible word until the end. Genius!

I think I'm going to investigate this author's back list.
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
Kinky!!!And good.Made me think of a role reversed of Pet and Human in a gory
kind of a way. Were Human becomes pet and pets/alien are the Masters.Its nice to read such extend of obedience and loyalty in human when the role is reversed...Haha
Missy Welsh
That was just wicked. His ability to adapt and submit was beautiful. I think the ending was amazing, but I would happily read follow-ups just to see another day in his life. Fascinating!
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
2.5

A tiny bit intriguing, but mostly just disturbing.
Elisa Rolle
This is a very "difficult" tale, if you have problem with D/S arguments or with pleasure/pain games you could miss it. But I pick it up cause I have a kink, I like to read of couple of different height tall (I know, it's a very lame reason to pick up a story, but guys, everyone has his kink!) and i read in the blurb that one of the main character is an alien of seven foot tall, so I was allured by that.

The story is a first person tale, so we never know the name of the human character. We only kn
Benjamin
Captured while on a mission surveying an alien planted, our nameless narrator finds himself naked and imprisoned, and lamenting his rejection by his former masterful lover David, who thought him too submissive and needy, and whose rejection caused him to take the mission that led to his present plight.

However he soon realises, as he is lead way by his new Master, that rather than in prison he has been in a pound for wayward pets. His alien Master takes him home a cages him, and over the coming w
Veronica /  V
This story was a rollercoaster of emotions, I was shock, gross out, impress, moved…gosh, I'm only talking about a short story here.
Shock by the rape and beatings.
Gross out, that the main character is an Alien with very sharps teeth like needles.
Impress by the author imagination and the plot for such a short little story.
And finally moved, it was a very weird nice story, with a happy ending…. if we can call it that.
Angie
I didn't necessarily find this story hot, but like most of Syd's work I found it really interesting, well-written, and definitely different from every other BDSM themed book out there. It's also on my "will read again" shelf.
Kari Gregg
WOW. This is story is incredibly dark but also incredibly compelling. At times an uncomfortable read, but...again...Whoa. The kind of story that sticks with you long after you've read it. Excellent.
Ann
Dec 30, 2013 Ann marked it as to-read
Recommended to Ann by: Lena♥Ribka
I do love me some good crazy - thanks Lena!
Clare
Startlingly fascinating, a story that's stayed with me. Powerful emotions and subtly well written so that I genuinely believe in the narrator's tale.
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Collared
  • Tribute
  • Cat Toy
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything, #1-7)
  • Winner Takes All: Master/Slave Fantasies by Christopher Pierce
  • Claimings, Tails, and Other Alien Artifacts (Claimings, #1)
  • Dark Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #1)
  • Wishbone
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • The Copper Horse: Fear (The Copper Horse #1)
  • Pathfinder
  • Concubine
  • Reifu Rising
  • Shattered Heart
  • Where Willows Won't Grow
  • Angel
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
I'm a writer of queer erotica -- mostly m/m and D/s.
I live with Beloved Joe and the evil kitten clan.

I fled Thatcher’s England in the late 1980ies, and have lived in the American Midwest since then. Frying pan and fire come to mind. Back in the UK, I ran a record store (ah vinyl!). Since coming to America, I've taught college, edited at a small publishing house, researched and written background r
More about Syd McGinley...
Out of the Woods (Tarin's World, #1) Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2) Pet Rescue Pet Sitting Attitude Adjustments