Start by marking “You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower!: A Trip That Took Entirely Too Long” as Want to Read:
You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower!: A Trip That Took Entirely Too Long

You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower!: A Trip That Took Entirely Too Long (You Wouldn't Want to...)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  14 reviews
- High interest topic for children of all ages.
- Draws in even the most reluctant reader with a lighthearted tone and hilarious illustrations.
- Includes a glossary and index.
Published October 1st 2005 by Children's Press(CT)

To ask other readers questions about You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Wouldn't Want to Sail on the Mayflower!

Karen
While I did find You Wouldn't want to Sail on the Mayflower!:A Trip that Took Entirely too Long very informational, I also found that it did not flow very well. I found the the information was good, and it was entertaining to read. The different chapters tell us the different aspects of the trip that we are learning about... The crew, the ship, seasickness and death. We also learn about the Plymouth colony that was set up after the Mayflower landed. The glossary, index, and table of contents mak ...more
Ch_beth Rice
You Wouldn’t Want to Sail on the Mayflower: A Trip that Took Entirely Too Long by Peter Cook draws readers into the life of a teenage pilgrim. Readers are witness to the many hardships that were a part of the journey from England to the New World. The book is told in a lighthearted tone but conveys the historical facts while cartoon illustrations keep the reader engaged. Each section includes a piece of useful advice and more information in the format of a “Handy Hint” such as “make sure your se ...more
Amber
The kids really do like these books. I told them we had a new title to read and they both said "yay!" None of the information was new to us and the first person point of view ("you are Priscilla Mullins") doesn't really carry well through the story but it was a fun book. The kids were especially pleased to hear about descendants of Priscilla Mullins.
Duane
Although this series is one of my favorite for learning about historical times and places, but this book falls short in being a good read. The illustrations aren't up to the normal level, and the storyline just doesn't follow through with it's informative but humorous style that these books usually bring. I'd pass on this one.
MCPLD Youth Department
This is a very informative book for the young reader about the Pilgrims and how they lived during their voyage to America. The book is loaded with interesting facts presented in a way the young will be able to understand.
Amy
May 04, 2012 Amy marked it as abandoned
Shelves: reviewed
Huh. Well, I guess that a book is not holding a child's attention when that child pulls out their math homework on a Friday night and starts doing it during story time. :-) Best to save this one for another day.
Ratforcekids
Apr 24, 2013 Ratforcekids added it
Shelves: history
This lighthearted history book was written for younger readers. It is also part of a series that features major historical events, such as the Titanic disaster and the Civil War.
Sara
May 08, 2013 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: school
Great to use when teaching about the First Thanksgiving. Lots of information, pictures are cartoonish, but students will enjoy all of the information they can learn.
Emyrose8
Timeline, maps, loads of colorful pictures, small chunks of text= easy to read book for middle grades
Donalyn
Another great book in the series. My students and I learned a lot about the Mayflower!
Jennifer Rummel
funny and full of facts = a great book for kids
Timothy
I like the humor in history it gives
❤Sarina❤
i thought it was interesting!
Deidre
Aug 02, 2010 Deidre added it
Great for the kids, lots of fun!
Valerie Cunningham
Valerie Cunningham marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Eileen
Eileen marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
More about Peter Cook...
You Wouldn't Want to Be at the Boston Tea Party!: Wharf Water Tea, You'd Rather Not Drink You Wouldn't Want to Sail on a 19th-Century Whaling Ship!: Grisly Tasks You'd Rather Not Do