Start by marking “Mom Said Kill” as Want to Read:
Mom Said Kill

Mom Said Kill

3.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
From an Edgar Award-winning author comes the shocking true story of Barbara Opel, a woman who convinced a group of teenagers, including her 13-year-old daughter, to savagely kill her boss. photos. Original.
Published October 1st 2008 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Mom Said Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mom Said Kill

Yael
Feb 21, 2009 Yael rated it it was amazing
On April 18, 2001, Gregory and Teresa Heimann arrived at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, having just come in from Atkins, Arkansas to visit with Gregory's father, Jerry Heimann, whom they hadn't seen in five years. Expecting to be met at the airport by Jerry, they were disappointed to find he wasn't there to greet them. When they took the airport shuttle to his home in Everett, Washington, they were stunned to find not only that he wasn't home, but his house had been virtually stripped bar ...more
Hippiemom
Feb 09, 2015 Hippiemom rated it did not like it
Well, I made it to page 100- and have decided this book is no longer worth my time. It is RARE that I do not finish a book. But this was tedious as well as totally boring. I have read true crime novels previously but was not prepared for how poorly this was written- dull, dull, and went in circles that made it all confusing. Don't waste your time.
Eva Leger
May 17, 2009 Eva Leger rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Jeannie
Recommended to Eva by: found it somewhere myself
Shelves: b-true-crime
I just finished this a few minutes and want to do this while it's still fresh in my mind. I should also say that this is the first true crime story I've read in a lot of years. This, for a time period of a few years or more, was pretty much the only genre I read, so while I am sort of knowledgable, it's been awhile.
One thing that struck me different with this book versus others I've read in the past is the legal spectrum. Others that I've read, with the exception of Ann Rule's book (she could n
♥ Marlene♥
Jun 23, 2012 ♥ Marlene♥ rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody!!
What a terrible book!!!

It was bad from the start. Constantly jumping around, the story was so weird because of this jumping.Not only that but he has different people, ones you have not even officially met in the book,ones that killed, tell different stories of the same events. There is no summerization at all and this stays so in the book. One of the worst true crime books I have read!

I hope this was one Burl Barer's first books because I know he has written good books too. So immensely glad I
Ruth Turner
Nov 20, 2014 Ruth Turner rated it did not like it
Shelves: true-crime

An interesting true story about a mother that recruits her children and some of their friends to murder her employer.

Unfortunately, it was badly written, often confusing, and boring. The story was more about the law than the crime and its perpetrators.

Wasn't worth the time to read it.
Amy
Feb 28, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
Back on my true crime kick. Happened in Washington State in the early 2000's.
Megan Kaeck
Jun 02, 2015 Megan Kaeck rated it liked it
It was a pretty good story and it was relayed very well to the reader but there was a lot of information that I thought was unnecessary and there are parts in the book that I felt sort of went on and on.
Samantha Osborne
Feb 13, 2015 Samantha Osborne rated it liked it
shocking how could she do it
Veronica
Jun 09, 2012 Veronica rated it liked it
A harrowing detail of a mother corrupting her children to commit murder. The book was okay, but I felt like I was reading a lengthy newspaper complete with transcripts from the court through its legal proceedings. It's like CSI in print form. What's lacking though, is Barbara's descend into the criminal life, like where she came from, what made her that way. I guess I expected it to be a biography, narrowing down into the psychological aspect of the crime.
Sonja Wennekes
Dec 29, 2013 Sonja Wennekes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it greatly. One messed up woman!!!

I would recommend this book to those who enjoy true crime and want a quick read. More background on Barbara would have made it more interesting or easier to understsnd her thought processes. Will now download "Murder in the family"
Kristen Doherty
Sep 13, 2009 Kristen Doherty rated it really liked it
About a mother that is the mastermind of a murder
Dec 20, 2008 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Alexis W.
Too much political/social commentary.
Robyn Dones
Nov 18, 2009 Robyn Dones rated it it was ok
Read in 2009
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Annie Booker
Annie Booker is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2016
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Giselle Williams
Giselle Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Chara
Chara marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Carol Mills
Carol Mills marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Suzanne Johnston
Suzanne Johnston marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Pam Roche
Pam Roche marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Courteney
Courteney marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
Margaret McGennity
Margaret McGennity rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2016
Janet Harris
Janet Harris rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2016
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
kelly lemon
kelly lemon rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016