Start by marking “Biggie and the Fricasseed Fat Man (Biggie Weatherford, #3)” as Want to Read:
Biggie and the Fricasseed Fat Man (Biggie Weatherford, #3)

Biggie and the Fricasseed Fat Man (Biggie Weatherford #3)

When Biggie and J. R. attend the grand opening of the local poultry magnate's new all-chicken cafe, Biggie finds herself up to her drumsticks in a murder investigation. The cafe owner is discovered shot to death in his own kitchen, all gravied up like one of his prize hens and garnished with a tomato in his mouth.

Biggie hardly has time to prepare for the upcoming Christmas

Published November 1st 1998 by St. Martin's Press (first published October 15th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Biggie and the Fricasseed Fat Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Biggie and the Fricasseed Fat Man

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeCatering to Nobody by Diane Mott DavidsonFudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne FlukeA Dead Sister by Anna Celeste BurkeDying for Chocolate by Diane Mott Davidson
Mysteries in Good Taste!
245th out of 362 books — 293 voters
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtryHoles by Louis SacharAll the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthySend More Idiots by Tony Perez-GieseBrides of the Storm by Amanda Albright Still
Books Set in Texas
210th out of 311 books — 151 voters

More lists with this book...

Margaret
Jan 16, 2009 Margaret rated it liked it
These are silly books that I am listening to as audio books. Cozies at their worst but I like them anyway.
Tiffany Manning
Apr 22, 2016 Tiffany Manning rated it it was amazing
Biggie Weatherford takes her grandson J.R. to the opening of Job's Crossing, Texas' newest eatery, The Fresh-as-a-Daisy Restaurant. However, instead of enjoying a meal, the amateur detective duo discover the restaurant's owner, Firman Birdsong, has been murdered and stuffed like a chicken to be roasted.

During this Christmas holiday season, J.R.'s other grandparents arrive, with intentions of taking J.R. back home with them. The boy is forced to learn about love and loyalty v.s. the value of a do
Sally
Jun 26, 2012 Sally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
It's hard to say exactly why I enjoy this series by Nancy Bell, but I do rather like them. At this point I have listened to the first 5 audiobooks in the "Biggie" series, and I believe the review from Publishers Weekly, as shown on Amazon, gives a good summation without any spoilers: "Bell sticks to a formula . . . low-key humor, Southern eccentricities and lots of saturated fat in the food." The humor has a kind of aw-shucks-Andy-Griffith quality, with quirky phrases and behaviors that are ster ...more
Rhonda Gilmour
This cute, fast-moving cozy mystery takes place in East Texas. The author has fun playing with local idioms, which occasionally distract me from the narrative, but mostly add a fun element of local color. The POV character is a twelve-year-old boy who lives with his crime-solving grandmother, Biggie. Like all good cozy mysteries, Bell's collection of characters is is what makes this novel a fun, fast read.
Laurie
Sep 12, 2015 Laurie rated it liked it
It's the third book about the folks in Job's Crossing, TX...but it's the first one that I've read. Words like 'delightful' and 'fresh' and 'lovingly' have been used to describe the townsfolk and Southern charm depicted in this series. Nice mystery series, but a bit too hokey for me. Just not my cup of tea!
Rkb 2015
Jul 15, 2015 Rkb 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of cozy mysteries
Recommended to Rkb by: Amy
Shelves: usa-texas
Mayda
Aug 11, 2013 Mayda rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, cozies, audio
A grand opening of a chicken restaurant is marred when one of the owners is discovered under a table, covered with gravy and a garnish of parsley. Of course, Biggie and her grandson JR are drawn into the investigation. The question of JR’s legal guardianship is disputed when his other grandparents breeze into town and want to take him away from Biggie. This audio version is expertly performed by Jeff Woodman in all its down-home glory and humor. An entertaining and fun cozy.
Anne
Jun 06, 2016 Anne rated it really liked it
I love these easy to listen to books about Biggie, her grandson JB, her cook and husband. They are easy to follow and often times amusing. I would recommend them to anyone wanting a lighthearted series to get into.
Barb
Jun 08, 2016 Barb rated it liked it
Shelves: a-fict, series, mystery
Light entertainment. Always some twists but overall a fairly cozy mystery.
Amy "the book-bat"
Biggie and the gang are at it again. This time the owner of a chicken farm and restaurant is found murdered and covered in gravy. Biggie is there when the body is found and enlists the help of J.R., Rosebud, and Willie Mae to solve the crime. Oh, and it all takes place just before Christmas.
Ellen
Jul 06, 2011 Ellen rated it really liked it
Fun little yarn (book group assignment was gumshoe grannies) about Biggie from the viewpoint of her grandson, JR. My favorite part was the language. "Papa could see evil in the crotch of a tree" and "it was cold as a frosted frog inside".
Sandy
Feb 24, 2013 Sandy rated it it was ok
I bought the book because my children named my mom "Biggie". Cute little mystery but I will not be reading the rest of the series.
Diane Mccormack
Sep 26, 2013 Diane Mccormack rated it it was amazing
I enjoy the characters so much! And the narrator of the audiobooks is fabulous. I can hardly wait to see how each adventure will unfold.
Nikki
Jan 23, 2013 Nikki rated it liked it
The audio versions of this series are especially fun to listen to. I find myself laughing at the characters' lovable quirkiness.
Evonne Edgington
Jan 02, 2013 Evonne Edgington rated it liked it
quick and fun reads
Stephanie
Quick easy read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Alix
Alix rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2016
Suzi G
Suzi G rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Mourinda Hector
Mourinda Hector marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Darcy
Darcy rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
Deb
Deb rated it it was ok
Jul 23, 2016
Melanie Smith
Melanie Smith rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Kristy
Kristy rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Yvonna
Yvonna added it
Jun 21, 2016
Christie Boudreaux
Christie Boudreaux marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2016
  • Murder Can Upset Your Mother (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #8)
  • The Cooking School Murders (Eugenia Potter, #1)
  • Truffled Feathers (A  Carolyn Blue Culinary Mystery, #2)
  • A Knife to Remember (Jane Jeffry, #5)
  • Basil Instinct (Italian Restaurant Mystery, #2)
  • Catnapped (An Animal Instinct Mystery #1)
  • Murder Shoots the Bull (Southern Sisters, #6)
  • Backstabber (Hitchcock Sewell Mysteries, #5)
  • Too Many Cooks (Angie Amalfi, #2)
  • Nightmare in Shining Armor (Den of Antiquity, #8)
  • Murder On Monday
  • The Affair of the 39 Cufflinks (Burford Family Mysteries, #3)
  • Red Blooded Murder (An Izzy McNeil Mystery #2)
  • Do Unto Others

Biggie Weatherford (6 books)
  • Biggie and the Poisoned Politician (Biggie Weatherford, #1)
  • Biggie and the Mangled Mortician (Biggie Weatherford, #2)
  • Biggie and the Meddlesome Mailman (Biggie Weatherford, #4)
  • Biggie and the Quincy Ghost (Biggie Weatherford, #5)
  • Biggie and the Devil Diet (Biggie Weatherford, #6)