Start by marking “A Death at the North Pole” as Want to Read:
A Death at the North Pole

A Death at the North Pole

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  39 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Detective Lauren Bruni has dealt with death for her entire life. She has watched it ruin lives, and brought people closer together. Her job taught her to separate fact from fiction. But on a cold December day, all Lauren had believed in would be shattered and tossed aside. Thrust in a world unlike any she has seen before, she investigates a prominent figure's grisly murder ...more
Published June 1st 2008 by Lulu.com

To ask other readers questions about A Death at the North Pole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Death at the North Pole

Molly
Aug 20, 2011 Molly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Molly by: Joel M. Andre
Okay, so what do you get when you cross fantasy with horror and the death of Jolly Old St. Nick??? One heck of a rockin' great novel! Joel M. Andre is a superb horror author. He is taking the spot for favorite horror novelist, hands down. Wow. I needed some really good reading material for this weekend and was pleasantly surprised when I had the chance to review this for Joel. I had just recently read and fell in love with his novel The Black Chronicles: The Cry of The Fallen, which was Detectiv ...more
Elizabeth A.
Jan 17, 2011 Elizabeth A. rated it really liked it
“If this is some weird ass reality show, I want no part of it.” – Detective Lauren Bruni

Detective Lauren Bruni can be forgiven for thinking someone is playing a sick joke on her. After all, how often does one get called out to a remote North Pole village to investigate the murder of Kris Kringle? Yeah, that Kringle.

Bruni’s first clue that this isn’t going to be a typical day at the office is the hundred or so “little people” she finds clustered around the victim’s body upon her arrival at the sc
Katy
Dec 22, 2011 Katy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Lauren Bruni has to investigate the death of a well-known figure in the small village of Natale at the North Pole. She also has to learn to see that which previously she didn't believe exists - in order to save the world.

This book is a prequel of sorts to "Cry of the Fallen" and has a much smoother plot structure and editing. Some who have read it have commented that they found it funny, and while there were a few sly moments, I didn't see that, myself. A good book for the mystery/fantasy with a
Chrissy
Dec 14, 2010 Chrissy rated it liked it
A Death At The North Pole is the first book from Joel M. Andre that I have had the pleasure to read. I picked this book because I love a good murder mystery and this one sounded and turned out to be a good one.

I have to admit I was a little taken by the character that was murdered. I was wondering how this story was going to go at that point. The author does a nice job with the character descriptions which made it easy for me to get to know the characters.

I received the Ebook which I normally do
Cathy
This was free for Kindle.
It is a horror story centered around Christmas.
Santa is found murdered in the snow. Lauren Bruni, a homicide detective, shows up to begin the investigation. She doesn't believe in Santa, elves, etc., and really can't figure out what she is even doing at the North Pole.
Lauren discovers something fishy about the medical examiner and his assistant. Then Mrs. Claus is murdered, too.
Is Lauren the person who can stop this madness and rescue "belief" for the world?
The story was
Diny
Dec 11, 2013 Diny rated it liked it
Well, that was interesting. Investigation of the death of Santa Claus, described rather 'twisted' and a bit too gory for me. I gave it a 3 because of the author's guts to write something totally different that others might find it disturbing. Do not get the Audio book/ebook, the narrator is annoying.
Deborah Neil
A Death at the North Pole was an imaginative story. It just ended. There were no mentions of see boo X to read further. If there was I missed it and I apologize. It was a little to gory for me. But the story line was great. This was a good read that I gave 3 stars to!

Jim
Sep 09, 2010 Jim rated it it was ok
A strange little tale that could have been quite interesting. Unfortunately the atrociously poor editing and ebook formatting are so annoying that, had it been a paper book, I would have flung it out the window and never thought of it again.
Michelle
Oct 17, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
Terrible format, editing and writing. The only reason I finished it was because it was so short and I felt obligated to.
Jack
Dec 11, 2014 Jack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bizarre fantasy featuring Santa, elves, ghouls etc. and a police officer trying to investigate a murder.
Bleu Caldwell
If you like a good dose of horror in your holiday you might like this, but it was way too gory for me.
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
tracy zanitsch
tracy zanitsch rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016
Twilightwatchers
Twilightwatchers marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Mistelle
Mistelle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
T-Dawg
T-Dawg marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Mary Lewis
Mary Lewis marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Dawn Allman
Dawn Allman marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Cheryl C.
Cheryl C. marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Chris Winfield
Chris Winfield marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Tony Entrekin
Tony Entrekin marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Shirl
Shirl marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Debbie Hall
Debbie Hall rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2014
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
2008823
Joel M. Andre (1981-Present) was born in Cottonwood, Arizona.

From a young age Andre knew his passion was to write tales that shocked and sent chills down the spines of readers. But it was not where he began.

During his teen years he focused his attention to writing poetry in the style of Poe. His work dark often lifted the brow of friends. But the passion was there, and soon the winter wonderland t
More about Joel M. Andre...