Start by marking “Princess” as Want to Read:
Princess

Princess

Adam was now her adversary.
Serena Templeton was not a sleeping princess. She was a tragic little figure existing in a shadow world that she had constructed as a fortress to pain. Then Adam Carmichael pierced her defenses and established himself as a force in her life.

In time Serena became a lovely, vital young woman. But she jealously guarded her innermost feelings for fea
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #697
Published June 1984 by Harlequin Books (first published May 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess

Julz
seton
Mar 03, 2011 seton rated it liked it
Shelves: category
I read this because 1) the heroine was thought to be autistic and 2) I wanted to try something by this author.

However, I didnt really find the novel as interesting as I thought I would. I found the storytelling very stodgey with the omnipotent POV and the author going "and so it came about" and then going back and reporting what happened.

The romance wasnt very . . . romantic. As happens with a lot of romances with "special" heroines, the h came across as too childlike with her temper tantrams an
Kay
Aug 22, 2013 Kay rated it really liked it
Shelves: other
4 Stars ~ While the success of Adam's books is gratifying, the celebrity lifestyle he's led has disillusioned him and he recognizes what a selfish bastard he can be. When he attends the funeral of his mother's half sister on her behalf, he's surprised to learn that he's the woman's heir and that he's also inherited the woman's step-daughter, Serena. Meeting the timid child, he's again shocked to learn the girl is 19 and from all appearances she's autistic, having retreated deeply within herself. ...more
Martha
Sep 28, 2008 Martha rated it really liked it
Recommended to Martha by: bookstore trade-in
This is an older Harlequin Presents (from 1984). It is the story of Serena, a young woman who basically retreated from reality as a defense against pain of loss and cruel treatment, and Adam, a cynical writer who is named her guardian in her step-mother's will. In time and with the loving care of Adam's mother, Serena regains her sense of self. About halfway through the book, Adam realizes that he loves Serena, but of course he doesn't actually tell her, so many misunderstandings and ...more
Tatiana Stefan
Apr 07, 2015 Tatiana Stefan rated it liked it
Yikes, ugh whoa! Those were my first thoughts when I read the first half of the book and what I wanted to write on the review immediately. But I thought no I must get through this book. Spoilers. Ok I usually like an older man / younger woman romance but this one to me was just ugh. First off the hero: an alcoholic violent beater? Uh no thank you!! And the heroine, sure I felt sorry for her life and what she went through but I'm sorry she kind of annoyed me a bit (actually I was going to say ...more
sbf20112011
Sep 21, 2011 sbf20112011 rated it really liked it
Engaging, if weird, old HP. The mental illness/female fragility stuff definitely comes across as old-fashioned (not to mention the hero's inclination to hit his mistress and the underlying feeling of it that it was ok), but the romance is decent. Interesting to have the hero reveal his love for the heroine (though not to her of course) so early in the book.
Jacqueline
4 Terribly old skool stars. It was originally published in 1964 and the hero was evidently a beatnik. 17 years between the hero and heroine. It had lots of lovely melodrama. The heroine with mental illness, the disaffected self-centered hero.
Giovanni
Chantal ❄️
Feb 25, 2015 Chantal ❄️ rated it it was amazing
Roub
Apr 08, 2015 Roub rated it liked it
i simply adored it! adam was totally besotted! though i think serena needed therapy and cud not fall for adam dat easily, bcoz he was a constant reminder of his aunt for her. she was afraid of him at first, like a bewildered child, pretty much agitated. it also seemed like adam had transferred his crush from her mother to her. bcoz adam had kept a painting depicting her mother for years and dat was his ideal woman. so seeing serena, it was inevitable he wud fall for her.
EeeJay
Apr 29, 2012 EeeJay rated it it was ok
Shelves: harlequin, hqn
Psycho dude with no self control whatsoever. Bad ever-after for them.
[DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS AUTHOR!]
Tia
Jan 19, 2013 Tia rated it liked it
It was an good novel but I felt complete horrified and disgusted for the heroine. What her step mother did to her and then the shit the hero pulls afterward, oh man!
Radiah
Radiah rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Ashima
Ashima rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Pea
Pea rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Aptumulak
Aptumulak rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Shwetha
Shwetha rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Fre06 Begum
Fre06 Begum rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Nelly
Nelly rated it did not like it
Dec 14, 2014
MissKitty
MissKitty rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2014
KC
KC rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Tizah
Tizah rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2013
ஐ฿υκєτஐ
ஐ฿υκєτஐ rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Alina Valentine
Alina Valentine rated it really liked it
May 20, 2011
Mona
Mona rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Melanie♥
Melanie♥ rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2011
Nadilady
Nadilady rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Leighann
Leighann rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016