Start by marking “Future Eden: A Brief History of Next Time” as Want to Read:
Future Eden: A Brief History of Next Time

Future Eden: A Brief History of Next Time (Future Eden #1)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In a hilarious and scathing sci-fi adventure, it is the year 2287 and the human race is doomed until Jay and an all-powerful chicken named Ethel set off to save the world. They encounter goldfish-oracles, evil roosters, giant potatoes, blind piano tuners, Merlin, and magic spells in their heroic quest.
Published September 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published December 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Future Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Future Eden

Martin
I first read this book a long time ago (I was roughly about 11). I saw the book at my local library and liked the cover, so I checked it out and began reading without knowing what it was about. This had to have been my first book that I found genuinely funny, at that age my interests in literature wise was mostly Goosebumps and Horrible History books, so this was pleasant change and surprise for me.

I was hooked on the book from the first day I started to read it, I found the plot very interestin...more
Eli
I recently finished this book. It takes place in the future, when Earth's population is dwindling and the main character is the one to save the planet (guided by the alien that created Earth.) It's hard to sum it up just like that, but it's a great combination of imaginative thinking, sci-fi, and young adult.
Kelly
Mar 29, 2007 Kelly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Someone whom needs a laugh
Loved this book, could not stop reading and had me waiting for the next book. a cult classic that should be made in to a movie, just as good as "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".
Nathalie Evelyn
I think this is the first book that made me laugh out loud! I absolutely LOVE the way Colin Thompson writes. Big fan of his!
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
Read ages ago can remember it was just okayish.
Eddie
Random, but interesting and funny.
Camila
Camila marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Viktoria
Viktoria marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Dan Gordon
Dan Gordon marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Greg
Greg added it
Aug 30, 2014
Casandra
Casandra marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jen Green
Jen Green marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Dreaming Johnny
Dreaming Johnny marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2014
Lisa
Lisa is currently reading it
May 31, 2014
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Amit
Amit marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Duncan
Duncan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Since he started writing and illustrating children's books in 1990, Colin Thompson has had more than 50 books published. He has received several awards, including an Aurealis Award for the novel HOW TO LIVE FOREVER and the CBC Picture Book of the Year in 2006 for THE SHORT AND INCREDIBLY HAPPY LIFE OF RILEY. He has been shortlisted for many other awards, including the Astrid Lindgren Award - the m...more
More about Colin Thompson...
How To Live Forever The Short and Incredibly Happy Life of Riley Tetangga Menyebalkan (The Floods, #1) Prime Suspect (The Floods #5) The Big Little Book of Happy Sadness