Start by marking “Future Eden: A Brief History of Next Time” as Want to Read:
Future Eden: A Brief History of Next Time

Future Eden: A Brief History of Next Time (Future Eden #1)

In a hilarious and scathing sci-fi adventure, it is the year 2287 and the human race is doomed until Jay and an all-powerful chicken named Ethel set off to save the world. They encounter goldfish-oracles, evil roosters, giant potatoes, blind piano tuners, Merlin, and magic spells in their heroic quest.
Published September 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published December 31st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Future Eden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Future Eden

Martin
Apr 30, 2014 Martin rated it it was amazing
I first read this book a long time ago (I was roughly about 11). I saw the book at my local library and liked the cover, so I checked it out and began reading without knowing what it was about. This had to have been my first book that I found genuinely funny, at that age my interests in literature wise was mostly Goosebumps and Horrible History books, so this was pleasant change and surprise for me.

I was hooked on the book from the first day I started to read it, I found the plot very interestin
Eli
Jun 26, 2008 Eli rated it it was amazing
I recently finished this book. It takes place in the future, when Earth's population is dwindling and the main character is the one to save the planet (guided by the alien that created Earth.) It's hard to sum it up just like that, but it's a great combination of imaginative thinking, sci-fi, and young adult.
Rachel Sanders
Feb 10, 2015 Rachel Sanders rated it it was amazing
Great book! I really enjoyed this because It was super quirky, totally unexpected and just something completely different. It has roots in the science fiction and dystopian genres aswell as some fantasy :)

Would recommend to anyone who is willing to give something a little different a go :)
Kelly
Mar 29, 2007 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Someone whom needs a laugh
Loved this book, could not stop reading and had me waiting for the next book. a cult classic that should be made in to a movie, just as good as "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy".
Nathalie Evelyn
Oct 11, 2013 Nathalie Evelyn rated it it was amazing
I think this is the first book that made me laugh out loud! I absolutely LOVE the way Colin Thompson writes. Big fan of his!
Niina
Niina rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Becty
Becty rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Damien
Damien rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
Emmylie
Emmylie rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2010
Joe Briggs
Joe Briggs rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2007
Shahmir Khan
Shahmir Khan rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2014
Emma Turner
Emma Turner rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2010
Daniel Johansson
Daniel Johansson rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2015
Jouni Kekkonen
Jouni Kekkonen rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2009
R Pine
R Pine rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Jadis
Jadis rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Lily-rose Beardshaw
Lily-rose Beardshaw rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Tom Tebo
Tom Tebo rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2008
Malin Aune
Malin Aune rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2014
Fallon
Fallon rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2011
Jacob
Jacob rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2012
Emily-May
Emily-May rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Bones
Bones rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2012
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2009
Joshua Durham
Joshua Durham rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2013
Matthew J
Matthew J rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Since he started writing and illustrating children's books in 1990, Colin Thompson has had more than 50 books published. He has received several awards, including an Aurealis Award for the novel HOW TO LIVE FOREVER and the CBC Picture Book of the Year in 2006 for THE SHORT AND INCREDIBLY HAPPY LIFE OF RILEY. He has been shortlisted for many other awards, including the Astrid Lindgren Award - the m ...more
More about Colin Thompson...

Future Eden (2 books)