Start by marking “Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7)” as Want to Read:
Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7)

Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller #7)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  8,180 ratings  ·  187 reviews
Catherine Coulter has won acclaim for her "fast-paced twists and turns, believable dialogue, and case of well-developed characters" (San Francisco Examiner). "Gripping, absorbing," hailed Publishers Weekly, "Coulter keeps the action moving fast." Now Coulter delivers the suspense thriller of her career in Eleventh Hour.

When FBI agent Dane Carver's twin brother, Father Mi
Audio CD, Abridged
Published July 28th 2006 by Brilliance Audio (first published July 22nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Eleventh Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eleventh Hour

Crystal Starr Light
My lameness continues as I pick up yet another book from Dr. Shephard's office bookshelf (why a book like this is on his office bookshelf I have no idea). After that, I saw all the bad reviews, but determined to plow ahead anyway. Maybe it would be different? *fingers crossed*

Father Michael Joseph is shot in the head while in a confessional. His identical twin brother, FBI agent Dane Carver, travels to San Francisco to determine who killed him and why. His answers are partially hidden in th
I always think of a mystery novel as a chance to match wits with the author. Can I easily discern the culprit? I usually judge the quality of the story by how close I get to the end of the book before I solve the mystery. There was no chance of that in this story. Turn off your deductive reasoning; there is no well placed path of clues here. Even if you hazard a guess, it would be just that, a guess and you're just as likely to be wrong as you are right.

This seems to be the trend in mystery wri
Vera Maslow
Okay so there is something about this author and series that keeps me picking up the books even though I continue to give the books just 3 stars.
In this one the mystery started out good, but it got I don't know how to describe it, cheesy and weird? The romance felt a bit forced. The dialogue, well I'm either just getting used to how it is in the series at this point or it's getting slightly better. Sometimes forced, cheesy, and awkward.
I usually have to suspend belief when reading these at how
The dialogue in this book is awful. Just unbelievably awful. It's clear the author is trying for quirky bantering, especially with her side characters, Sherlock (really?) and Savich, who are married FBI partners and the anchors of the series (protagonists come and go, but Sherlock and Savich and their awkward flirtations remain for each book). She fails. Obviously, she adores her little anchors, but when they talk sexy talk, they sound like Aspies talking about trains, but not as hot.

And then t
This was my first Catherine Coulter book and I was not impressed. The first chapter is really good and gets you hooked, but it is all downhill from there. The characters seem downright silly to me and the conversation is often ridiculous. Really, what educated PHD college professor would ever say "Bite me"? The plot is a good one, but not well developed and it is extremely easy to figure out who the bad guys are. The romance in the book is not believable and there is one sex scene that is really ...more
Susan (the other Susan)
Was it really only eleven hours? This book is the one that finally convinced me of something I'd been reluctant to consider: Catherine Coulter is not writing satire, she's SERIOUS about this crap. She wrote some entertaining period bodice-rippers back in the day, but the stilted dialog and over-the-top plot-like developments that played well in the Middle Ages are laughably bad in her contemporary "thrillers." This book in particular seems like an undercooked casserole made from several unrelate ...more
May 29, 2015 Amber rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Meh...I was really disappointed with this book. I've read Catherine Coulter books before, but it's been a while. Because of that, I'm not sure if her writing is always this lackluster or if I've just been reading books with much deeper plots which require more brain cells to keep up with the storyline and the numerous characters. I have quite a few issues with this book starting with:

#1. The characters have absolutely no personality. Zero. Zilch. Nada. None. I've been around cardboard cutouts wi
Lianne Burwell
I enjoyed this book (and the rest of the series), but I really have trouble figuring out why. The romance was a little forced, the initial mystery was cheesy (tv show inspires murders), and the solution not well set up, and the secondary mystery was just a WTF, with no real explanation of motive, and dropping in a crucial character with no setup.

And yet, I still enjoyed the heck out of it, because Ms. Coulter is an engaging writer, even when the plots are paper-thin.
Read an actual ink on paper book. I have to give it a 2 even though I read it to the end sitting by a pool. Actually, maybe for the second time, because I was at a friends house, and I likely read all or part several years ago and had forgotten the plot points.

While the writing moved along, little of the book made sense, and at the two bad guys pop out of nowhere at the end.

Maybe I will read another Coulter, maybe not.
I am a fan of Catherine Coulter and have most of her FBI thrillers. I enjoyed the story line and the inter-twining of the two murder plots and felt they were fairly well thought out. Sometimes the dialog got a bit stilted. I enjoy the characters that Coulter carries over from book to book.

It was an enjoyable read, with humor, mystery and a little romance thrown in.
Rebecca Becker
This was my second attempt at a Coulter novel (my daughter reminded me I had tried her before and commented on how bad it was, so she tried reading it and couldn't get through it either). This time, I stuck in there, but only because I kept thinking it had to get better. It didn't. Coulter's greatest weakness is her inability to write authentic dialogue. It's hard to care about characters and believe relationships are forming when the dialogue is stilted and formal to the point that all you're t ...more
Terrie Purkey
Another in the Savitch/Sherlock FBI series, this time focusing on the death of a co-worker's twin brother. The twists and turns are enough to satisfy any mystery reader and there's a satisfying conclusion. Good read.
Eleventh Hour is by Catherine Coulter. It is an FBI story.
Agent Dane Carver heads to San Francisco when his twin brother, Father Michael is murdered. Dane does not intend in interfere with the investigation by the police there; but he offers his help. When they find an eyewitness, Nick Jones, Dane is given the job of protecting her. However, she proves hard to protect as she has her own secrets to hide. She doesn’t want publicity but is willing to help find the murderer.
Can they find the murde
A favorite priest is found murdered. The chase begins..a well written FBI book that you have come to expect from Catherine Coulter. I do not do spoilers..but I will say there are plenty of twists, and turns. This, of course has romance thrown in, by the two main characters of Carver and Nicky Jones..Savich and Sherlock are also on the case...this is one of the best stories since all your favorite characters become involved. She is an excellent story teller. A thriller, that I hated to see end..a ...more
Poorly written - IMO. Couldn't bring myself to finish it.
Theresa Leone Davidson
I hate to give a book a low rating and this probably deserves closer to two stars - mostly because of all of the totally improbable events that take place. But there are two mysteries here - one in which a priest is murdered and it is tied in to a couple of other murders, and the second, more interesting and less convoluted mystery is the one that connects to the female protagonist in the story, Nick (and it took me around 100 pages before I had to stop reminding myself that 'Nick' was a woman - ...more
Dotti Elrick
Father Michael Joseph has been brutally murdered while hearing confession. His twin brother and FBI agent Dane Carver has come to San Francisco to bury his brother and find the person responsible.
There is one eye witness, a homeless woman, "Nick Jones", who was waiting in the church to speak to the father when she hears the gunshot and sees the gunman fleeing the church.
When it seems that the murder of Michael is part of a series of murders that seem to be mirroring a T.V. show. That gives Dane
The murder of Father Michael Joseph was hard on everyone, especially his twin brother, Dane Carver, who is an FBI Special Agent in the CAU (Criminal Apprehension Unit) that is run by Dillon Savich. Dane is determined to find the person who killed his brother and the only witness they have is a homeless women, Nick Jones, that happened to be in the church shadows. After spending just a short time with Nick, Dane realizes that she is not any normal homeless person, but can’t get her to trust him w ...more
I enjoyed this book (as well as the previous books in this FBI series) although I did not feel that this story lived up to my expectations from reading other books by Catherine Coulter. There are plenty of twists and turns and the conclusion was satisfying. Unfortunately, the dialogue was frequently stilted. One thing I like about this series is reading about the characters that Coulter carries over from book to book.
Beth Gibson
Another one not worth wasting my time on. The characters are cardboard cut-outs that just read their lines from a script. The FBI agent's brother died but he shows no more emotion that reading the local obits. All the dialogue sounds like it is taking place between people who don't know each other and are discussing the weather. If this is typical, I won't be trying another.
Laddie Tabor
Another thrilling who-dun-it. Could only be solved by Sherlock and Savich. This is not the run of the mill murder mystery since a Catholic Priest is one of the victims, who just happened to have a twin brother who is an FBI agent. Of course, there is the pretty young woman who needs protection because she may have seen to much (in more than one city). Great read.
I enjoyed listening to this story, with some reservations. First, the romance/mystery seemed formulaic here, especially since I had listened to the first two stories in this trilogy. Second, the heroine in this book, and in the other two books, was annoying to me with her illogical behaviors for a supposedly intelligent person. Third, the language was unnecessarily raw at times. I suspect that the author tried to make the heroine tough yet tender with these details. I don't believe she fully suc ...more
Megan Lynn
I remember reading this when I was a teenager. and I would love to read it again. I love all the characters and it was the first book I read by you and first fbi book I read during that time. I can't wait to read more books by you Catherine. I highly recommend this book to my colleagues, friends and family. +5 stars
Listened to this as an audio book as I continue to listen through the series. Good for car drives and cleaning to pass the time! The books are very predictable and pretty much follow the same pattern which can be boring but easy enough to listen to that they're not a distraction while driving.
Very good Savage and Sherlock mystery. Dane Carver, a FBI agent's twin brother who was a priest was murdered in a confessional. A homeless woman, Nick Jones, was in the church unseen.

This is the search for the killer. There was a leak to the media that there was a witness to the murder and an attempt was made on Nick's life. The question though is the attempt because she was in the church or because of her previous life?

Savage and Sherlock were up to par with their skills investigating as well
Carole Anderson
Good one! I enjoyed this book. I like the characters Savich and Sherlock and even though they had a minor part in this story, it was still a good one. And, I was right there with Nick, sure I knew who the murderer was. Two intertwining stories; both good ones! Catherine Coulter has a great way of weaving stories!
Not particularly impressed. Sure, Coulter does great when casting the scenery, but I wasn't intrigued like I was with the first three novels. Savich and Sherlock are just as great as always, but the other characters aren't the greatest. Sure, Dane and Nick were better than the other books I found lacking, but not by much. I didn't feel the static between the two that should have been there. It's almost as if the 'bad guys' are the best parts of the book! And for me, that's just not right! It's t ...more
Possibly because I had just finished a book further along in the series, I never really got into this one quite the same way. It held my interest but there are better ones among Coulter's FBI thrillers.
Deborah Slaughter
Fun read as always from my favorite author

What can I say? I always enjoy reading Catherine Coulter's books. Lots of action, very interesting. Great character development and plot.
to be fair, there are still a few flaws, but the story itself, the action, romance and ending .......all together ........was a 4 star. Work on the details a bit more and you will get to the 5 ;-)
  • Impulse
  • Sense of Evil (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #6)
  • The Color of Death
  • No One to Trust (Eve Duncan 4.2)
  • Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1)
  • Killing Kelly (Soap Opera #3)
  • Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)
  • Cutting Edge: A Novel of Suspense (FBI Trilogy, #3)
  • Beachcomber

FBI Thriller (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1)
  • The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2)
  • The Target (FBI Thriller, #3)
  • The Edge (FBI Thriller, #4)
  • Riptide (FBI Thriller, #5)
  • Hemlock Bay (FBI Thriller, #6)
  • Blind Side (FBI Thriller, #8)
  • Blow Out (FBI Thriller, #9)
  • Point Blank (FBI Thriller, #10)
  • Double Take (FBI Thriller, #11)
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Point Blank (FBI Thriller, #10) Blow Out (FBI Thriller, #9)