Start by marking “The Blues Ain't Nothin': Tales of the Lonesome Blues Pub” as Want to Read:
The Blues Ain't Nothin': Tales of the Lonesome Blues Pub

The Blues Ain't Nothin': Tales of the Lonesome Blues Pub

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Ramble on up to the Chicago North Side, where you'll feel the twelve-bar blues beat vibrating right through you. Welcome to the Lonesome Blues Pub, where the sign on the door says it all: "This club is haunted. If you're afraid of ghosts, go away."

Grab a stool by the bar, toss back a cool one and join Miss Mustang, the Lonesome Blues proprietor, and a colorfully quirky ca

Published April 1st 2002 by Design Image Group

To ask other readers questions about The Blues Ain't Nothin', please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blues Ain't Nothin'

bookczuk
I started this book a while back, but put it down, because I'm not much of a short story reader. Then life got in the way, and it got lost in the bookcase. I rediscovered it and immersed myself in Tales of the Lonesome Blues Pub.

Interesting concept, especially in that all the mentioned musician ghosts were real blues players, as far as I can tell. Why they all decided to hang out at Miss Sarah's pub, isn't entirely clear. At least Jayhawk had an excuse -- he died there. The stories were imaginat
Kristine (fezabel)
This was a great book to read over Halloween. It's spooky, chilling in places, but very human and down to earth. The characters are likable, just like the ghosts. The author knows her music and it shows. The ghosts were real blues musicians (and the live ones too). The stories are a bit much at times, but for a first book it's good. I wish I had a companion CD with it to listen to the blues and hear the songs as they're meant to be.
Lavell
Lavell marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Shannon B
Shannon B marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2011
Julia
Julia added it
Nov 06, 2010
Greg Manrodt
Greg Manrodt marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2010
Laura marked it as to-read
May 15, 2009
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2009
Anna Louise
Anna Louise marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2009
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2008
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2007
Book of Dead Things Cthulhu and the Coeds or Kids and Squids Blood and Donuts Freaks, Geeks and Sideshow Floozies When the Bough Breaks