Start by marking “The Wounded Buzzard on Christmas Eve (Hank the Cowdog, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Wounded Buzzard on Christmas Eve (Hank the Cowdog, #13)

The Wounded Buzzard on Christmas Eve (Hank the Cowdog #13)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  347 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Hank is looking forward to a long winter's nap when duty calls him to accompany Slim into town for a last-minute Christmas shopping spree. Along the way, Hank and the gang are struck not only by the meaning of Christmas but also by a twenty-five-pound buzzard!
Published August 1st 1998 by Puffin

Qt
I loved the Hank books when I was younger and it was so nice to revisit them; I had never read this one, oddly enough, and it was a good seasonal story. Although I thought some of the other Hank books were better, I still enjoyed this one and was happy to finally read it.
It’s the day before Christmas, and as Head of Ranch Security, Hank is placing the ranch under red alert. A highly suspicious vehicle equipped with a flatbed, a high-lift jack, and a special highly sensitive radar antenna has just penetrated ranch premises, and it’s up to Hank’s highly trained self to avert any danger. Because this vehicle is driven by a CATTLE RUSTLER.

Or wait. Is that really…. Why it’s Slim! Of course, Hank knew it all along, but it’s understandable that the rest of us, not bein
Sharon
Very funny when you throw Hank and a buzzard into the same story. Add Slim and Little Alfred and the story will split your sides!! Recommend to anyone who wants to laugh!!
Shailah.S
I love this book and i'm going to try and read all the season's
Barb
My students don't know it yet but they're going to get to participate in a distance learning program with Hank the Cowdog author John R. Erickson in December, and this is the book from which he will be reading, so I wanted to read it myself. It's typical Hank humor -- just goofy!
Ashley
I did 15.10. I read Hank the cowdog the wounded buzzard on christmas eve. Hank goes to town with slim, but ends up in the bottom of the pick-up when something crashes in through the window. Do they save it, or do they leave it? This book was very funny and was 112 pages long.
Darryl Cole
I read pretty much this entire series years ago after I descovered them in my elementary school libary. The plot, and characters are great. Plus these books are extremly funny. I loved this series then and I still love it.
Olivia
As far as children's chapter books go, I love Hank. I get a lot of laugh's out of the story that go over Gabe's head, but he still gets enough to really enjoy it. Tom does a great job with the voices.
Nancy St. Clair
How could someone not absolutely love Hank the Cowdog and his hilarious misadventures, uh, I mean adventures? This series is laugh-out-loud funny and is among our family's favorites!
Melinda
I've read a few of this series with my daughters. Cute books. Listening to them on CD is the best way to enjoy them because the voices are done so well.
Sydney
when Hank and slim and drover are going to shop for Christmas a buzzard bangs into there window on Christmas eve they don't know what to do with the buzzard.
Ratforcekids
Hank the Cowdog is always looking for an adventure...usually in the wrong place! Wildly funny antics and mysteries galore.
Mindy
The entire Hank the Cowdog Series is great. Listen to the audio versions- better than reading, for this series.
Jennie
Love reading these books with my boys. (Listening is even better. The author does a fabulous job of it.)
Tom
Hank is funny by himself. Hank with Drover, Little Alfred, and senile buzard...hilarious.
Cws
JM4 Eri
Tobi
Tobi marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Megan Glass
Megan Glass marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Chance
Chance marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
  • Watchdog and the Coyotes
  • Encyclopedia Brown Lends a Hand (Encyclopedia Brown, #11)
  • The Complete Adventures of Homer Price
  • It Came from Beneath the Bed! (Tales from the House of Bunnicula, #1)
  • Waggit's Tale
  • Curse of the Scarab (Big Honey Dog Mysteries, #1)
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
  • How Murray Saved Christmas
  • Wolf
  • Pinky Pye (The Pyes, #2)
  • On My Way (26 Fairmount Avenue Book, #3)
  • The Case of the Tattooed Cat (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, #37)
  • The Mystery of the Midnight Dog (The Boxcar Children, #81)
  • Shadrach
  • The Case of the Giggling Ghost (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #31)
  • The El Dorado Adventure (Vesper Holly #2)
  • Escape from Egypt
  • Season of Promise (My America: Elizabeth's Jamestown Colony Diary, #3)
John R. Erickson, a former cowboy and ranch manager, is gifted with a storyteller's knack for spinning a yarn. Through the eyes of Hank the Cowdog, a smelly, smart-aleck Head of Ranch Security, Erickson gives readers a glimpse of daily life on a ranch in the West Texas Panhandle. This series of books and tapes is in school libraries across the country, has sold more than 7.6 million copies, is a B ...more
More about John R. Erickson...

Hank the Cowdog (1 - 10 of 61 books)
  • The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog #1)
  • The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2)
  • It's a Dog's Life (Hank the Cowdog, #3)
  • Murder in the Middle Pasture (Hank the Cowdog, #4)
  • Faded Love (Hank the Cowdog, #5)
  • Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog, #6)
  • The Curse of the Incredible Priceless Corncob (Hank the Cowdog, #7)
  • The Case of the One-Eyed Killer Stud Horse (Hank the Cowdog, #8)
  • The Case of the Halloween Ghost (Hank the Cowdog, #9)
  • Every Dog Has His Day (Hank the Cowdog, #10)
The Original Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog #1) The Further Adventures of Hank the Cowdog (Hank the Cowdog, #2) It's a Dog's Life (Hank the Cowdog, #3) Murder in the Middle Pasture (Hank the Cowdog, #4) Let Sleeping Dogs Lie (Hank the Cowdog, #6)