The Legend (Torridon, #1)

The Legend (Torridon #1)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  199 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Twin brothers. Two warriors. And the Highland prophecy that bound them both to battle, glory, and the two fiery women they dared to love. Now the adventure begins in Kathleen Givens's sensual, pulse-quickening tale of seventeenth-century Scotland.

It's a time of portents, when a tree split by the fiery crack of lightning foretells the history of a land. And two lovers have...more
Published December 2nd 2005 by Warner Books (NY) (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Legend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legend

Anne
I enjoyed this book a lot. Such a shame that she died before she wrote more. I love her characters.
Regan Walker
4 and 1/2 Stars - A Wonderful Scottish Historical!

I am a devoted fan of Kathleen Givens's amazing work (see my other reviews). It is sad we lost her this year (2010) and that the works we have are all we'll ever have. I loved this two book series about twin brothers from the Clan MacCurrie living on the Northwestern shore of Scotland at their family seat, Torridon.

Set in 17th century Scotland (and England), while perhaps not as good as ON A HIGHLAND SHORE or RIVALS FOR THE CROWN or the KILGANNO...more
LJ
The Legend - G+
Kathleen Givens
Set during the late 1600s amidst the conflict between James II and William and Mary, a period that Givens (Kilgannon) is obviously at home with, this saga follows identical twins James and Neil MacCurrie as they lead their clan to war and then peace. Adeptly intertwining history with romance, this book, the first of two about the brothers, focuses on James, who takes Neil's place at a gathering of chiefs to discuss whether to go to war against William. En route to t...more
Heidi
Good Scottish highlander novel, not as good as the other two that I read, First in the series, I will go on to read the second series, I like Kathleen alot because her books have just the right ratio of romance to actual plot for me. Sometimes historical romance can be pretty light on the plot, heavy on the romance to the point where I do not find it believable.
Beth
K Givens is an author whose books I may read all of. The Scottish, Irish, English history is fascinating, well researched and the characters endearing. Her novels certainly contain stock "historical romance" elements, but she does it well with a dash of her own unique flavor.
Diana
Ellen Graham, rushing to warn her cousin of a murderous plot, is rescued by James MacCurrie, one of the twins of a prophecy.

Too historical, and not that much developing romance. It's a little sudden, and has too much going on.
Michelle
Still reading .. so far I hate the heroine. The book is a dissapointment if you have read other books by this author.

Turned into a DNF. I could not stand this book. Ugh.
Cristina Contilli
"Appena furono vicini Rory scese dal cavallo e corse verso di lei. Isabel si protese e in un attimo fu tra le sue braccia. Adesso tutto andava bene"
Porter
Really enjoyed this historical romance. Especially after having been to some of the named places just recently.
Allison G
This wasn't a bad book but wasn't a great one either. I think I enjoyed her Highland and Kilgannon series better.
Willa
I liked this book well enough to get the second one. It did not disappoint. Both are well written and fun to read.
Martha
a bit too predictable, but it's Scotland!
Debbie
Excellent read from start to finish!
ermmm.... uhhh... hahahaha... eeek!
Joan
beach book
Jas
Jas marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Aug 08, 2014
Melinda Sabo
Melinda Sabo marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Laura Courter
Laura Courter marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Lena
Lena added it
Jul 28, 2014
Libby Withnall
Libby Withnall marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Elle
Elle added it
Jul 05, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
  • One Man's Love (The Highland Lords, #1)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)
  • The Dreamer (Highland Treasure, #1)
  • The Scotsman
  • Tempting the Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #4)
  • Highland Moonlight
  • Highland Rogue (Highland Dream, #4)
  • Lady Of The Glen: A Novel of 17Th-Century Scotland and the Massacre of Glencoe
  • Highland Rake (The Highlanders, #3)
  • Beloved Highlander
  • A Fire Within (These Highland Hills, #3)
  • The Highlander's Stolen Bride
  • Daring the Highlander (The Legacy of MacLeod, #2)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Midnight Honor (Highlands, #3)
Kathleen Givens was born in New York City, but spent her early years living in the Northeast and Georgia before landing in Southern California at the age of ten. As a result, she is fluent in Valley Girl, Steel Magnolia, and Manhattanite.

From an early age, Kathleen was entranced by the history, legends and sagas of the people who mixed together to form Scotland, Ireland, England and later the Uni...more
More about Kathleen Givens...
On a Highland Shore (Highland, #1) Kilgannon (Kilgannon, #1) Rivals for the Crown (Highland, #2) The Wild Rose of Kilgannon (Kilgannon, #2) The Destiny (Torridon, #2)