Start by marking “Caught Off Base (Stepping Up to the Plate, #2)” as Want to Read:
Caught Off Base (Stepping Up to the Plate, #2)

Caught Off Base (Stepping Up to the Plate)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In Stepping Up to the Plate we meet Angelo Echevarria, AKA "Ange." Half Hispanic, half black, Ange is a young, sexy thug on whom Stacy's always had a crush. He wants Stacy to pull himself out of the gutter and get his life on track. Even if that means he has to leave his friends -- Ange included -- behind.

In this follow-up story, Ange spots a hitchhiker trying to bum a rid
Published September 29th 2009 by JMS Books LLC (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Caught Off Base, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Caught Off Base

Lucy
Warning: Contains spoilers for the previous book in this series. It is not recommended to read this book as a standalone.
This short story is a follow up/companion story to the novel ‘Stepping Up to the Plate’. The main character of this short is one of the secondary characters in the first novel – Ange. It is unclear exactly how long after the action of the first book ends, and this story takes place, but it definitely begins later. At the opening of this story, Ange sees a homeless boy panhand
Taylor Siluwé
'Ange' picks up a lost waif in the rain. Interesting beginning. Salacious in its implications even, for Tyler (the waif) quickly calls Ange a "pervert".

But as the story unfolds quickly the sexual tension and angst over past relationships makes 'Caught Off Base' a sexy and heartfelt introduction to JM Snyder. The story is expertly written, sexual situations nicely teased out, with even the ominous rise of the antagonist (Lamar) who I wanted to jump into the story to protect Tyler from.

The only
L-D
In Stepping Up to the Plate, I really liked Angel and kind of wished that Angel had the fortitude to admit his feelings to Stacey. Even though Stacey is happy now, I can't help but think that Angel got a raw deal. I was really hoping that this sequel would give Angel the happiness he deserved. While it did to an extent with an HFN ending, I was disappointed at the length of this story. Angel got gypped again.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Publisher: JMS Books
Genre: M/M Contempory

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Adriana
I was ready to punch Ange for letting Lamar win Tyler, but the end was sweet.
J.M.
Jun 24, 2009 J.M. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books, glbt, e-books
This is my book so I'm not going to write a review.
Gary Jones
Gary Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Cochise Paulette
Cochise Paulette marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Dallison
Dallison marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Zam
Zam marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
May 27, 2014
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Caz Zam
Caz Zam marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2013
Black Rose
Black Rose marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2013
Skye Blue
Skye Blue marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
An author of gay erotic/romantic fiction, J.M. Snyder began in self-publishing and worked with Amber Allure, Aspen Mountain, eXcessica, and Torquere Presses.

Snyder's highly erotic short gay fiction has been published online at Amazon Shorts, Eros Monthly, Ruthie's Club, and Tit-Elation, as well as in anthologies by Alyson Books, Aspen Mountain, Cleis Press, eXcessica Publishing, Lethe Press, and R
More about J.M. Snyder...

Stepping Up to the Plate (2 books)
  • Stepping Up to the Plate (Stepping Up to the Plate, #1)
Power Play Scarred Persistence of Memory Joy Ride Love in the Library