Start by marking “Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)” as Want to Read:
Howling Moon  (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)

Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi #4)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  730 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
He's a wolf… She's a jaguar…

Raphael is a former agent of the shape shifter secret police, forced into retirement after a very public scandal. Now he's assigned to help the victim of a hideous crime -- a woman who has been attacked by a serial killer, and accidentally turned into a were-jaguar.

Worse yet, Catherine turns out to be Raphael's fated mate. But the serial kille
Published January 15th 2007 by Tor Paranormal Romance

To ask other readers questions about Howling Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howling Moon

Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
235th out of 736 books — 822 voters
Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsTaunting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsLover Awakened by J.R. WardA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeHalfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
Best Adult Paranormal Books
272nd out of 782 books — 620 voters

More lists with this book...

Pete Garza
Feb 22, 2012 Pete Garza rated it it was amazing
This book of the Sazi was very good. In fact, I thought it was great. In this story, you will find more than just your usual shift shaping, murdering were creatures. Along side with your usual paranormal romance that is to be expected. You will also discover prejudice and betrayal. Even in a wolf pack, there are hatred towards another shifter ( shifters ). When one of their own falls in love and becomes mated to another were creature that is not of their own, prejudice and tension rises, especia ...more
Lori Schiele
Jan 01, 2015 Lori Schiele rated it really liked it
Howling Moon is book 4 of the Sazi series about shapeshifters living hidden in plain sight amongst humans in the everyday world. I read the first book of the series, then picked up this one, thinking it was the 2nd book, realizing later it was the 4th book in the series, however, each book follows different characters within the world of the Sazi so it was easy enough to follow.
This story follows a woman who was attacked by a jaguar (a serial killer shapeshifter) and is destined to become a ja
Lena
May 16, 2016 Lena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Hated this book. Raphael is a slut and his sexual addiction to cats is the cause of much death and suffering in the Sazi world. Catherine is a spoiled elitist blonde. I agreed with the pack. I wanted her GONE. It was worth reading once for the other characters, but it will never be on my reread list.
Janet
May 21, 2007 Janet rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
The first half was kind of interesting, although the plot made no sense. I kept reading, but it made less and less sense as I went. Felt like an unfinished book that was tossed out to make a quick buck.
Lindsey
Jan 28, 2016 Lindsey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was disappointed. This installment was confusing how it took place before and during one of the earlier books. AND I had just read all the previous books! But regardless of that, there was so much jumping around. Even that's not really an apt description, it was like the authors had ADD. Subjects didn't flow together, like the two authors sometimes weren't even communicating about the characters and their frame of mind. What are editors for if not to help iron out stuff like this. It was an en ...more
Misti
Sep 21, 2008 Misti rated it liked it
Not as exciting as the previous Sazi book I read, Moon's Fury. I think one of the downfalls of having 2 authors collaborate on a story like this is that it can make the prose very jumpy. There were several parts I had to go back to reread because the style changed in the middle and I lost my train of thought.

The other problem I had with this book was that it seemed like it might have gotten rushed to publishing because there seemed to be a few plot holes and the grammar and spelling mistakes we
TinaMarie
May 25, 2014 TinaMarie rated it it was amazing
James
Mar 24, 2015 James rated it really liked it
This book had a bit more intrigue than previous books. While not as good as the first in the series it was better than the last one. Unfortunately there were some gaps in the story. At times I had to flip back a page thinking that I had missed something. Several things went unexplained. I will not give any spoilers, but it was a problem.

3.5 stars.
Maria
Mar 07, 2010 Maria rated it liked it
The book is both good and not so much. I think that some of the problems are that its written by two authors. Sometimes the language changes between chapters and even I (who is not primary an English speaker) found spelling errors so I think the editor should have read it one more time before it went on market.
But apart from that I really like the series about the Sazi. I like the thought trough world building. That e g when you are a wolf you run in packs and have obligations to the pack and it
Isisbq
Apr 03, 2014 Isisbq rated it really liked it
I like these authors. The writing style makes sense to me and I am willing to go along for the ride. The story was necessary to clear up several elements in the storyline for the series and I was satisfied with the progress.
Jamie
Jan 24, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Catherine and Raphael and their story. It was a nice shape shifter book, then end was a little sad but happy. I liked the action and how Raphael fell for her and new he shouldn't and then all his feelings erupted into something more!
Amanda
Sep 01, 2012 Amanda added it
Okay I liked it but if felt seperate from the events though some of it is, as per the note to the reader page, made sense in the time line. I felt though that alot of the things said werent thuroghly described and I kept wondering what this meant, or how something was possiblebecause it want desribed in the previous books. I could follow most of the plot and it had really good parts like the ending.
Joene
Mar 27, 2008 Joene rated it it was amazing
Another Sazi novel, this one mostly focuses on wolf packs and how they interact with non-shifter family members. It also reveals some pack politics and how packs are controlled or protected. Great story and great characters!
Jackie9100
Oct 03, 2008 Jackie9100 rated it really liked it
This book was my first supernatural read, and I was impressed with how complicated it must have been to build the world, lore, and characters and have it seem smooth and seamless.
Fullfaun
May 06, 2014 Fullfaun rated it it was amazing
This is such a great book. But I suggest you read the first 3 books in the SAZI series first to get all the people and their gravitas. But it is funnier that way!

Andrea
Sep 04, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved it! So far I have loved every one of the Sazi tales. This one was really fantastic. I just could not put it down. I can't wait to read more of the Sazi tales!
Ruth
Oct 12, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, the series is not bad for shape-shifters. The characters are not limited to just their own species, that's a nice twist.
Heather
Sep 29, 2010 Heather rated it it was ok
Not a winner. I stuck it out, thinking it had to get better. The writing just feels very cold and detached from the characters.
Anne
Jun 29, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2014-bir
There were some slow parts. But overall I liked the story. I thought it ended well. 3.5 stars.
April
Jan 31, 2008 April rated it it was amazing
Another good tale from the Sazi world!
Steve Smoot
Michelle
Apr 01, 2011 Michelle rated it did not like it
Awful!
S Strang
S Strang marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Jessicat
Jessicat marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Kayleigh Obee
Kayleigh Obee marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
A
A added it
Jun 11, 2016
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires #4)
  • Scarlet (Dead World, #2)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • Never Cry Werewolf (Crimson Moon, #5)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Howl at the Moon (The Others, #12)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun, #2)
Also known as Cat Adams, a dual-partnership writing team with Cathy Clamp.

She spent seventeen years in the Denver metro area and now resides in Texas with a large dog and pet cats. Office work provided a living while she pursued the goal of becoming a novelist. Forming the partnership with Cathy Clamp was the catalyst that led to publication and the two have enjoyed a long and fruitful collaborati
More about C.T. Adams...

A Tale of the Sazi (8 books)
  • Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1)
  • Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2)
  • Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)
  • Moon's Fury (A Tale of the Sazi, #5)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
  • Cold Moon Rising (A Tale of the Sazi, #7)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)