Start by marking “Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)” as Want to Read:
Howling Moon  (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)

Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi #4)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  655 ratings  ·  22 reviews
He's a wolf… She's a jaguar…

Raphael is a former agent of the shape shifter secret police, forced into retirement after a very public scandal. Now he's assigned to help the victim of a hideous crime -- a woman who has been attacked by a serial killer, and accidentally turned into a were-jaguar.

Worse yet, Catherine turns out to be Raphael's fated mate. But the serial kille
Published January 15th 2007 by Tor Paranormal Romance

To ask other readers questions about Howling Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howling Moon

Slave to Sensation by Nalini SinghDragon Bound by Thea HarrisonA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Hot Shapeshifter Romances
211th out of 700 books — 671 voters
Fighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsTaunting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsLover Awakened by J.R. WardA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley ColeEscaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins
Best Adult Paranormal Books
223rd out of 656 books — 509 voters

More lists with this book...

Pete Garza
This book of the Sazi was very good. In fact, I thought it was great. In this story, you will find more than just your usual shift shaping, murdering were creatures. Along side with your usual paranormal romance that is to be expected. You will also discover prejudice and betrayal. Even in a wolf pack, there are hatred towards another shifter ( shifters ). When one of their own falls in love and becomes mated to another were creature that is not of their own, prejudice and tension rises, especia ...more
Lori Schiele
Howling Moon is book 4 of the Sazi series about shapeshifters living hidden in plain sight amongst humans in the everyday world. I read the first book of the series, then picked up this one, thinking it was the 2nd book, realizing later it was the 4th book in the series, however, each book follows different characters within the world of the Sazi so it was easy enough to follow.
This story follows a woman who was attacked by a jaguar (a serial killer shapeshifter) and is destined to become a ja
Janet
The first half was kind of interesting, although the plot made no sense. I kept reading, but it made less and less sense as I went. Felt like an unfinished book that was tossed out to make a quick buck.
Misti
Not as exciting as the previous Sazi book I read, Moon's Fury. I think one of the downfalls of having 2 authors collaborate on a story like this is that it can make the prose very jumpy. There were several parts I had to go back to reread because the style changed in the middle and I lost my train of thought.

The other problem I had with this book was that it seemed like it might have gotten rushed to publishing because there seemed to be a few plot holes and the grammar and spelling mistakes we
TinaMarie
James
This book had a bit more intrigue than previous books. While not as good as the first in the series it was better than the last one. Unfortunately there were some gaps in the story. At times I had to flip back a page thinking that I had missed something. Several things went unexplained. I will not give any spoilers, but it was a problem.

3.5 stars.
Maria
The book is both good and not so much. I think that some of the problems are that its written by two authors. Sometimes the language changes between chapters and even I (who is not primary an English speaker) found spelling errors so I think the editor should have read it one more time before it went on market.
But apart from that I really like the series about the Sazi. I like the thought trough world building. That e g when you are a wolf you run in packs and have obligations to the pack and it
Isisbq
I like these authors. The writing style makes sense to me and I am willing to go along for the ride. The story was necessary to clear up several elements in the storyline for the series and I was satisfied with the progress.
Jamie
I enjoyed Catherine and Raphael and their story. It was a nice shape shifter book, then end was a little sad but happy. I liked the action and how Raphael fell for her and new he shouldn't and then all his feelings erupted into something more!
Amanda
Sep 01, 2012 Amanda added it
Okay I liked it but if felt seperate from the events though some of it is, as per the note to the reader page, made sense in the time line. I felt though that alot of the things said werent thuroghly described and I kept wondering what this meant, or how something was possiblebecause it want desribed in the previous books. I could follow most of the plot and it had really good parts like the ending.
Joene
Another Sazi novel, this one mostly focuses on wolf packs and how they interact with non-shifter family members. It also reveals some pack politics and how packs are controlled or protected. Great story and great characters!
Jackie9100
This book was my first supernatural read, and I was impressed with how complicated it must have been to build the world, lore, and characters and have it seem smooth and seamless.
Fullfaun
This is such a great book. But I suggest you read the first 3 books in the SAZI series first to get all the people and their gravitas. But it is funnier that way!

Andrea
I loved it! So far I have loved every one of the Sazi tales. This one was really fantastic. I just could not put it down. I can't wait to read more of the Sazi tales!
Ruth
I really liked this book, the series is not bad for shape-shifters. The characters are not limited to just their own species, that's a nice twist.
Heather
Not a winner. I stuck it out, thinking it had to get better. The writing just feels very cold and detached from the characters.
Anne
There were some slow parts. But overall I liked the story. I thought it ended well. 3.5 stars.
April
Another good tale from the Sazi world!
Steve Smoot
same, more of.
Nj
Nj marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Loisa
Loisa added it
Mar 16, 2015
  • Midnight Moon (Nightcreature, #5)
  • Carved in Stone (Les Gargouillen #1)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • The Last Twilight (Dirk & Steele, #7)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • The Untamed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #2)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Killing Moon (Moon, #1)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5)
Also known as Cat Adams, a dual-partnership writing team with Cathy Clamp.

She spent seventeen years in the Denver metro area and now resides in Texas with a large dog and pet cats. Office work provided a living while she pursued the goal of becoming a novelist. Forming the partnership with Cathy Clamp was the catalyst that led to publication and the two have enjoyed a long and fruitful collaborati
More about C.T. Adams...

A Tale of the Sazi (8 books)
  • Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1)
  • Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2)
  • Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)
  • Moon's Fury (A Tale of the Sazi, #5)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
  • Cold Moon Rising (A Tale of the Sazi, #7)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)
Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) Touch of Evil (Thrall, #1) Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2) Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3) Touch of Madness (Thrall #2)