Bloodchild

Bloodchild

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  3 reviews
There's a new addition to the Hamilton family. The adoptive parents couldn't love Baby more if he was their own flesh and blood.

But isn't it strange for an infant to have such sharp teeth? And what nourishment makes Baby grow so big and strong so fast? Not mother's milk...

Now, Mommy's so pale and weak, so drained, as if she's being bled dry. Daddy's entranced by his wif's...more
Published September 1st 1990 by Berkley (first published 1990)

Elke
I've read about a lot of different kinds of vampires, but never before encountered a story about a baby vampire.
So there is a couple who after a miscarriage adopt a baby who for some mysterious coincidence is available for adoption at the clinic right that moment. However, the people giving away the child are adamant about it being breast-fed, which is what Dana had in mind for her own child anyway.

The one thing that really got on my nerves while reading this book was the fuss everyone made abou...more
Adam Wilson
Bloodchild by Andrew Neiderman is very similar to the other works of his that I've read because of its structure. The story itself is quite intriguing and it caught my interest almost immediately. To give a simple explanation for a simple little horror novel, Bloodchild explores what a family might go through if the wife of that family loses her baby in childbirth only to have another's baby offered directly afterward and accept it. After developing an oddly aggressive breast-feeding habit, oth...more
Payal
I was surfing through my book collection and clicked on it to know whether its paranormal or not. I started reading and was really caught up with the story and kept reading till the last page. So it was really a page turner, but the story is pretty simple. Hamilton family after losing their child, adopts another child at the hospital on same day. They believed in breast-feeding, which is I think must be uncommon where the author lives. Since in India, its pretty common.
So the baby sucked blood...more
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Sumaita Raisa
Sumaita Raisa is currently reading it
May 27, 2014
Patrick Smith
Patrick Smith marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2013
Heather Rogers johnson
Heather Rogers johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2013
Melissa Helwig
Melissa Helwig marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Heather Bell
Heather Bell marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2013
Jamie Gibson
Jamie Gibson marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
Fullfaun
Fullfaun marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Change the synopsis! 1 3 Apr 08, 2011 08:49PM
Andrew Neiderman is the author of over 44 thrillers, including six of which have been translated onto film, including the big hit, 'The Devil's Advocate', a story in which he also wrote a libretto for the music-stage adaptation. One of his novels, Tender Loving Care, has been adapted into a CD-Rom interactive movie.

Andrew Neiderman became the ghostwriter for V.C. Andrews following her death in 19...more
More about Andrew Neiderman...
The Devil's Advocate Pin The Need Playmates Brainchild