Start by marking “The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books” as Want to Read:
The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books

The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books

What could make a better present than a classic Beginner Book? Six of them—for less than the price of two! We've taken the complete text and art of three beloved P.D. Eastman titles: Go, Dog. Go!, Are You My Mother?, and The Best Nest; Robert Lopshire's Put Me In the Zoo (the first of his books featuring the character Spot); Marilyn Sadler and Roger Bollen's It's Not Easy ...more
Published September 23rd 2008 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Blue Book of Beginner Books

Stephanie
Jan 13, 2009 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
This book includes: Go Dogs Go!, It's Not Easy Being a Bunny, Are You My Mother?, Put Me in the Zoo, The Best Nest, and A Fly Went By.

Usually I don't like compilation books but this was about $5 more than we would have paid for ONE of those titles by itself. I LOVE me a bargain!

All of my kids are enjoying these stories. Ellie walks around with the book and calls it her "Bible." (We think God understands the mind of a 2 year old and won't strike her for her blasphemy.) She and Will (5 years) both
DJ
Feb 26, 2014 DJ rated it it was amazing
This is the first book that I read to Henry. I brought it to NICU when he was born. Every day I would read one of the stories, and it helped pass the time away because all Henry did was sleep. I can't blame him, he was born early!

I probably read the entire book to Henry 3-4 times within the first 6 months of his life. Probably my favorite story to read to him is "A Fly Went By", and it was the very first story I read to him.

I had fond memories reading this as a child, and I probably haven't re
 Mummy Cat Claire
I have a deep and profound love for this style of writing. This particular selection of books came out in the 60s and they really are easy readers. The stories are entertaining (my child laughs), the artistry is colorful and uplifting to the story. The stories use site words that are relaxant to the easy reader. I have a real problem with "easy readers" that aren't. Really discouraging for children who are trying and they give up on the story because the author keeps throwing in new or big words ...more
Hestia Istiviani
I read in English but this review is written in Bahasa Indonesia

Ketika aku berkunjung ke Taman Baca Rumah Perubahan karena suatu penugasan, aku sengaja berada di sana lebih lama dari yang seharusnya. Di saat aku asyik mengamati para pengunjung untuk aku jadikan acuan membuat program, aku melihat buku ini di rak buku bagian anak dan aku tergoda untuk membacanya.

resensi lengkapnya

Buku ini tidak mudah ditemukan. Aku saja menemukannya di Taman Baca. Jadi apabila kamu lain kali bisa mendapatkan akses
Hannah
Mar 24, 2012 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book started my love for reading. Frequently at my grandmother's house, my cousin and I pulled this book from her shelf and read it. We often read Go, Dogs, Go and Are You My Mother?, but all of the stories are amazing. I would highly recommend it for younger children who are just starting to read. We have the book now at my mom's house for my little nephew who's around 2 and a half. I read it to him, but he doesn't seem to be interested. His attention changes often. A two-and a-half-year-o ...more
Phylicia
Mar 19, 2011 Phylicia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've had this book for as long as I can remember (I'm 21) and it's the only book I've kept throughout my childhood and into my adult life. The hardcover is dogeared, one corner has a bite mark, several pages were colored on with crayons, but it was -and still is- my favorite children's book. Every once in a while I pull it out of its spot on my bookshelf and read "A Fly Went By" or one of the other stories, remembering a simpler time... I hope to read it to my children someday!
Austin Wright
Feb 03, 2015 Austin Wright rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friend Kevin is reading a list of best children's books. I am following suite in order to discuss the books with him. By default, I give the books four-stars because they're good at what they're intended to do, which is to keep the attention of children and introduce them to literature.

As a whole, this collection is 5-stars....separately, not so much.
April
Mar 03, 2013 April rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, childrens
Fantastic book for kids! So imaginative and creative. Easy read that children will find delightful!

Dr. Seuss is always brilliant! His stories and rhymes are fun and entertaining! Some of my all time favorites!! Such a great way to entertain children and get them interested in reading!
Paige Partlow
This book would be included in my classroom library. I would read this book daily, especially with Pre-K or Kindergarten students as a refresher of the alphabet. I would even use it to introduce letter sounds and word building.
Natasha
Oct 21, 2014 Natasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great collection of books in one book to have by the bedside or wherever you typically read to your baby. I'm sure we'll also enjoy it when our baby grows up and starts learning to read on his own.
Danielle
Dec 05, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shelby
Great reading, I started to read this to my three month old although she didnt understand the stories yet she enjoyed the pictures and time spent together. excellent stories and so fun to read with her!
Monaria Yulius
Rayyan still read the picture by his self
Kelly Santaella
Nov 28, 2014 Kelly Santaella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought this for my little cousin and I started reading it to her and no she loves Dr. Seuss and all his characters and she wants to read them all this book is filled with fun. Loved it ❤❤ ...more
Nerissa Lindauer
Nov 07, 2012 Nerissa Lindauer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poetry
This book is a great book because it is several different stories piled in to one book. The repetition and rhymes are great for young readers.
Lindsey
Oct 05, 2015 Lindsey rated it really liked it
Read this with my daughter. Which always makes a book enjoyable.
April Scheffler-nall
My all-time favorite is My Nest is Best. I enjoy reading these stories to my daughter.
Roger
Nov 15, 2015 Roger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
"Put Me In The Zoo" and "Go, Dog. Go!" Plus "A Fly Went By," "Are You My Mother?" and two more stories. A great collection.
Michael
Feb 02, 2016 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-kids-books
Six terrific books for your young children in a great economy package. A must have.
Madeline
Jan 06, 2011 Madeline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Jacki
Jan 06, 2012 Jacki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
Some of my favorites in here- PJ Funny Bunny, Go Dog Go, Are you my mother? Great gift to give for Christmas to an emerging reader- or listener.
Thebruce1314
Feb 28, 2013 Thebruce1314 rated it really liked it
I love these collections! It's nice that there is a little variety in authors/illustrators in this collection. Looking forward to sharing with my little man. :)
{♥} Amanda {♥}
Tony really likes these stories! I love to watch his expressions while i read to him!
Jennifer Entwistle
Oct 19, 2012 Jennifer Entwistle rated it liked it
Great book of Dr Suess for little ones. Nice that you can buy this and not have a ton of the little books taking up space.
Elijah Libert
Oct 25, 2016 Elijah Libert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite story in this book is Put Me In The Zoo. It is a really good story.
Janelle
Dec 21, 2011 Janelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, read-aloud
Fun!
B
Jan 07, 2014 B rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Jennifer Colella
Feb 11, 2014 Jennifer Colella rated it it was amazing
Perfect for new readers! Large easy text, fun and colorful illustrations.
Miia
Jan 02, 2015 Miia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Excellent for the beginning when learning to read.
Roseann
Nov 11, 2009 Roseann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this one!!!!
Tuscania
Sep 07, 2009 Tuscania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great way to collect Dr.Seuss stories.
  • The BIG Red Book of Beginner Books
  • The Big Book of Berenstain Bears Beginner Books
  • Hush Little Baby
  • Waddle!
  • What Makes A Rainbow (Magic Ribbon Books)
  • The Nose Book
  • In the Garden with Van Gogh
  • Monsters, Inc (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • Little Critter Storybook Collection
  • King Jack and the Dragon
  • Where Do Kisses Come From?
  • The Jolly Barnyard