Start by marking “Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)

Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street #1)

Luke and his parents have found Scream Street to be a nightmarish world of the undead. Collecting six relics left behind by the founding fathers of the community is the only hope of opening a doorway out of the street, so with the help of his friends Resus and Cleo Luke sets out to retrieve the first item.
Published October 6th 2008 by Walker

To ask other readers questions about Fang of the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fang of the Vampire

Josh Charles

N
G
Holly Harker
Dec 27, 2010 Holly Harker rated it it was amazing
I always shake my head at people who say they don't like series. Are they crazy? Nothing makes me happier than encountering a new series with an excellent concept and knowing I'll be able to return to it again and again. Scream Street is one such series, about Luke Watson the werewolf, Rhesus Negative the vampire and Cleo Farr the mummy. They all live in Scream Street, home to all kinds of supernatural creatures like surfer zombies and farting goblins.

I loved this from cover to cover - the exce
Rawanaat
Aug 12, 2013 Rawanaat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are really short and quick to read, great story and fun characters. I think I'm going to buy the second book
Wart Hill
Very fun!
Tanja
Sep 05, 2015 Tanja rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013, review
>>Diese Rezension und viele mehr findet ihr auch hier: http://wort-welten.blogspot.de/

Also eigentlich war Luke einmal ein normaler Junge - zumindest bis er sich letztes Jahr in einen Werwolf verwandelt hat. Seither passiert das immer, wenn er wütend ist. Und als er bei einem seiner Wutanfälle beinahe einen Hund abmurkst, reicht das - man verfrachtet seine Eltern und ihn kurzerhand in die Scream Street. Dort fällt Luke überhaupt nicht mehr auf. Seine neuen Freunde sind ein Vampir und eine
J.C. Rice
Aug 13, 2016 J.C. Rice rated it it was amazing
My 4th grade students LOVE this series. It's suspenseful, entertaining, and at times funny. Many in my class cheered when I said I'd ordered another three in the series (making it nine and I'll be ordering the rest).

It has a super concept--a street where all the houses are haunted, but Donbavand's strength isn't creating new creatures. Instead, he's good at putting a fresh spin on the old standards--vampires, werewolves, mummies, zombies, witches, etc.

I wish the chapters weren't so long--it kin
Michelle Kelley
Feb 09, 2015 Michelle Kelley rated it liked it
Shelves: supernatural, horror
This creepy, action-packed series will likely be popular with the elementary crowd. Luke and his familly learned that he was a werewolf at his last birthday. When he transforms and attacks a school bully, his family is relocated by the GHOUL movers to Scream Street where supernatural creatures are kept by the government. The government must not care what happens there, and it is an entirely different world with evil Otto Sneer in charge. Luke is intent on finding a way to get his normal parents ...more
Donald Scott
Jan 22, 2017 Donald Scott rated it liked it
Luke Watson is your average pre-teen kid. Well, with the exception of the werewolf thing, which he can't control and only happens when he's really angry. But after one of his lapses almost gets a fellow classmate injured, the Government Housing of Unusual Lifeforms (G.H.O.U.L.) is forced to step in, and before they know it Luke and his parents wake up the newest residents of Scream Street - a gaslit, always-nighttime community of zombies, monsters and creatures of the night ruled over by the dic ...more
Reed Benson
Nov 03, 2016 Reed Benson rated it really liked it
I like werewolves and vampires, but it's so hard to find books about them that don't revolve around sex. My best bet is usually in the juvenile literature section. That usually means I have to put up with some cheesy dialogue or goofy ways of describing things, but it's far better than the alternative.

I liked this. I like the idea that the government sends supernatural people off to some mysterious city to get them away from normal people (I mean, I wouldn't like it in the real world, but as a p
Sophie
I had seen episodes 1, 2, 3, 12 & 13 of CBBC's 'Scream Street' before reading this book. I absolutely fell in love with the show and have re-watched all the episodes currently available on iPlayer many times. When I found out the TV show is based on this book series I knew I had to get my hands on this as soon as possible. All my expectations of this book came from the TV show so I really don't know what it would be like if you hadn't seen the show but I think I still would have really enjoy ...more
Heather Lawson
Jun 25, 2016 Heather Lawson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2016
Originally posted here: https://heatherreviews.wordpress.com/...
____________________
When Luke’s family is whisked away to the mysterious Scream Street, Luke panics. Understandably so when Scream Street is inhabited by creatures such as vampires and mummies! As if being a werewolf wasn’t bad enough, now Luke has to live in a street full of dangerous creatures all the time and he’s not sure how his very human parents will cope.

It’s not all doom and gloom though, Luke quickly makes friends with a d
Renee
Jan 09, 2010 Renee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 3rd-5th
Fang of the Vampire is the first in the Scream Street Series. Luke Watson and his parents unwillingly moved to Scream Street where there is no electricity and his neighbors are Resus Negative (son of two vampires), Cleo Farr (a mummy), and other supernatural creatures. Luke doesn’t mind their new neighbors as he is a werewolf, but he decides to get his ‘normal’ parents back to the real world. Mystery mixes with adventure and supernatural creatures. The plot moves quickly and the characters are e ...more
Brenda
Sep 13, 2012 Brenda rated it liked it
Recommended to Brenda by: Cover art and first chapter read
Shelves: fiction
Luke Watson and his family are mysteriously visited by a G.H.O.U.L team in the middle of the night and relocated to the town Scream Street a place for zombies, mummies, vampires and werewolves like Luke. The only problem is Luke's parents are "normals" and he is afraid that they are going to be frightened to death in their new town. Luke receives some help from two monster children and they attempt to outsmart the evil landlord Sir Sneer in order to find a way for his parents to return to their ...more
Yasamin
Dec 28, 2015 Yasamin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: persian
خیلی حس بدی دارم که دارم دو میدم :|
همین دو هم فقط برای موضوع کلی داستان بود
کتاب جالبی بود ولی فکر کنم من زیادی بزرگ بودم برای این کتاب
درواقع کسی هستم که تو این سن کتابایی که برای کوچیکتر از خودم هستنو میخونم ولی خب با این کتاب خوب ارتباط برقرار نکردم
به نظر من خیلی چیزا زود اتفاق افتادن. خبری از توصیف و اینا نبود. و گفت و گو ها هم خودمونی بودن چیزی که من موقع کتاب خوندن زیاد بهش عادت ندارم و البته برای این کتاب یه جوری بودن
اما واقعا میگم. ایده و موضوع داستان چیز جالبیه و به نظرم این کتاب می تونست
Jaime Leroy
Jul 10, 2012 Jaime Leroy rated it liked it
Luke has just transformed into a werewolf for the third time and he and his parents are shipped off to Scream Street where other “interesting” life forms live. There Luke meets a vampire, Resus, and a mummy, Cleo. The three become friends and once they realize the only way off Scream Street is to find the six relics of the founding fathers of the street, they begin their quest. Will Luke and his family escape Scream Street?

Cute book, but I think that it would be more interesting to an elementar
Arghavan
Jun 11, 2015 Arghavan rated it liked it
" مادر لوک تلاش کرد بازوی او را بگیرد و نگذارد برود: «لوک، نه!» اما نتوانست و لوک توی هال بود.
نیمرخ سیاه رنگ سه نفر از پشت شیشه های در اصلی خانه که با شبنم منجمد پوشیده شده بود، دیده میشد. لوک با احتیاط جلو رفت، دستهی برنجی در را چرخاند و کمی آن را باز کرد. هوای سرد بیرون به داخل هجوم آورد.
صدای غرش مانندی گفت: «به خیابان وحشت خوش آمدید!»
لوک به سختی آب دهانش را قورت داد. جلوی در خانه چند خونآشام ایستاده بودند. "
Jan 08, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, borrowed
This was another book I was asked to read by the bf's neice. And I was actually hooked from the first page. It had the same feel to the Darren Shan books I read when I was in my teens and a cross over of The Morgaville Vampires but obviously for young children instead with more than just vampires but other supernatual beings. I quite liked tis book, it's a really great book for children. I'm actually going to read some of the other books too.
Naina
Apr 10, 2013 Naina rated it really liked it
Even though this is a childish book it was very worth reading... Tommy Donbavard turned an ordinary boy into a cool less ordinary boy... I dont know but something about this book made me read it I have read nearly all of them but I cannot find the next one... This book allowed me to fantasise my own world creativly which is why i gave this book a 4... I would tell Tommy Donbavard to carrry on writing :)
Isee Warburton
Jul 05, 2015 Isee Warburton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: monsters
Justin.h
Aug 28, 2013 Justin.h rated it liked it
I thought this book was good but not great. Alot of parts where really confusing cause you have no idead whos saying anything or whats happeing.
But anyways the book was about a boy that gor turned into a warewolf and his family was sent to this place called scream street where all the fantasy creatures live. He makes 2 friends a vampire and a mummy.
Jessica Van Vleet
Jun 02, 2011 Jessica Van Vleet rated it really liked it
This was a super cute book for kids. There were enough pictures that the kids can't complain about there not being pictures, but not nearly enough for it to be a picture book. I love the whole idea of Scream Street! I read it in less than a day, just for an easy read. I am going to pass this along to the kids for a fun summer read.
Miss Ryoko
Aug 15, 2011 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! And to be quite honest, I'm surprised at how much I liked it! I think it's because it was a good balance of things: it was well written, it was serious yet funny, and the characters had a fun wit about them that often made me smile or chuckle. I'm glad I came across this book and look forward to reading the rest!
Mbarr
Feb 29, 2016 Mbarr rated it it was amazing
Ashton-The main character is Luke Walston. He is a werewolf. His family and him got deported by G.O.U.L and now live on Scream Street. But his family does not belong there and him and his friends have to collect facts from the founding fathers together.
It is funny, thriller, action, witchcraft, scary, action and adventure.
Jess - The Tales Compendium
I think this is a really great series. Lots of fun and our three main characters get up to a whole lot of mischief. Great for reluctant readers. I borrowed the first book but will absolutely be buying the next ones, can't wait to find what Luke, Resus and Cleo get up to next! :)

Please note that my rating of 4 stars is in comparison to other books for this age group
Christine Bowles
Apr 11, 2016 Christine Bowles rated it liked it
A very cute read about three young people that are joining up to complete a scavenger hunt to help one boy move his family out of town. Oh, and the kids are a warewolf, vampire, and mummy. A fun little twist on the monster theme!
Bev
Aug 03, 2012 Bev rated it it was amazing
The humour in these books would engage any reluctant reader in my opinion and there are many laughs to be had as an adult reader too - I particularly love the surfer dude zombie ;0) Should be in every school library.
yaBOOKS:
Amazing book, Tommy's writing style is amazing not too immature but can create suspense and mystery. His charatcers are unique in their same way, and supernatural individually. This book isn't just the predictable scary ghouly story, and yet he makes you think about things you wouldn't think about.
Kurt Scott
Sep 02, 2014 Kurt Scott rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I ever loved. Read it when I was about nine and it kickstarted my own creativity! I love the humour mixed with mild horror. I was VERY picky with books - and still am - and to this day I find this book astounding.
Noelia
Jan 08, 2015 Noelia rated it really liked it
I really like this book. My favorite part was when Luke finally met Resus. Then stuff started flying off of Resus's desk.
I also really like how Tommy Donbavand described stuff in this book. It also like the dialogue.
Neefoo
Sep 03, 2012 Neefoo rated it it was amazing
I loved the main idea of the story, it was something new and exciting! It's definitely grabbing.. I couldn't stop reading it until it was over! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series to follow the trio's adventure.
  • The Flight of Dragons  (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #4)
  • Prince of Dorkness (Wimpy Vampire, #2)
  • The Vampire's Photograph (Oliver Nocturne, #1)
  • The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate
  • The Resisters (The Resisters, #1)
  • The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1)
  • Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • The Shadow Lantern  (The Blackhope Enigma, #3)
  • Candy and the Broken Biscuits (Candypop #1)
  • Mr Mumbles (Invisible Fiends, Book 1)
  • Welcome to the Bed and Biscuit
  • Hubble Bubble: The Super Spooky Fright Night (Hubble Bubble #3)
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • Ivy Takes Care
  • Me and the Pumpkin Queen
  • The Worst Witch to the Rescue (Worst Witch, #6)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)
Tommy Donbavand is the author of the Scream Street series and more. A writer for several educational magazines, he also teaches writing and holds storytelling workshops. He lives in Lancashire, England.
More about Tommy Donbavand...

Scream Street (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Blood of the Witch (Scream Street, #2)
  • Heart of the Mummy (Scream Street, #3)
  • Flesh of the Zombie (Scream Street, #4)
  • Skull of the Skeleton (Scream Street, #5)
  • Claw of the Werewolf (Scream Street, #6)
  • Invasion of the Normals (Scream Street, #7)
  • Attack of the Trolls (Scream Street, #8)
  • Terror of the Nightwatchman (Scream Street, #9)
  • Rampage of the Goblins (Scream Street, #10)
  • Hunger of the Yeti (Scream Street, #11)