Start by marking “Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street, #1)

Fang of the Vampire (Scream Street #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  352 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Luke and his parents have found Scream Street to be a nightmarish world of the undead. Collecting six relics left behind by the founding fathers of the community is the only hope of opening a doorway out of the street, so with the help of his friends Resus and Cleo Luke sets out to retrieve the first item.
Published October 6th 2008 by Walker (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Fang of the Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fang of the Vampire

Josh Charles

I
N
G
Holly Harker
I always shake my head at people who say they don't like series. Are they crazy? Nothing makes me happier than encountering a new series with an excellent concept and knowing I'll be able to return to it again and again. Scream Street is one such series, about Luke Watson the werewolf, Rhesus Negative the vampire and Cleo Farr the mummy. They all live in Scream Street, home to all kinds of supernatural creatures like surfer zombies and farting goblins.

I loved this from cover to cover - the exce
Jeremy Rice
My 4th grade students LOVE this series. It's suspenseful, entertaining, and at times funny. Many in my class cheered when I said I'd ordered another three in the series (making it nine and I'll be ordering the rest).

It has a super concept--a street where all the houses are haunted, but Donbavand's strength isn't creating new creatures. Instead, he's good at putting a fresh spin on the old standards--vampires, werewolves, mummies, zombies, witches, etc.

I wish the chapters weren't so long--it kin
Rawanaat
These books are really short and quick to read, great story and fun characters. I think I'm going to buy the second book
Kurt Scott
This was the first book I ever loved. Read it when I was about nine and it kickstarted my own creativity! I love the humour mixed with mild horror. I was VERY picky with books - and still am - and to this day I find this book astounding.
Brenda
Sep 13, 2012 Brenda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Brenda by: Cover art and first chapter read
Shelves: fiction
Luke Watson and his family are mysteriously visited by a G.H.O.U.L team in the middle of the night and relocated to the town Scream Street a place for zombies, mummies, vampires and werewolves like Luke. The only problem is Luke's parents are "normals" and he is afraid that they are going to be frightened to death in their new town. Luke receives some help from two monster children and they attempt to outsmart the evil landlord Sir Sneer in order to find a way for his parents to return to their ...more
Noelia
I really like this book. My favorite part was when Luke finally met Resus. Then stuff started flying off of Resus's desk.
I also really like how Tommy Donbavand described stuff in this book. It also like the dialogue.
Renee
Jan 09, 2010 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 3rd-5th
Fang of the Vampire is the first in the Scream Street Series. Luke Watson and his parents unwillingly moved to Scream Street where there is no electricity and his neighbors are Resus Negative (son of two vampires), Cleo Farr (a mummy), and other supernatural creatures. Luke doesn’t mind their new neighbors as he is a werewolf, but he decides to get his ‘normal’ parents back to the real world. Mystery mixes with adventure and supernatural creatures. The plot moves quickly and the characters are e ...more
Abdulaziz
This book was very interesting.The only bad thing in that book that it had silly jokes that made me want to stop reading the book,but still it was a book i wanted to continue its series.
Jaime Leroy
Luke has just transformed into a werewolf for the third time and he and his parents are shipped off to Scream Street where other “interesting” life forms live. There Luke meets a vampire, Resus, and a mummy, Cleo. The three become friends and once they realize the only way off Scream Street is to find the six relics of the founding fathers of the street, they begin their quest. Will Luke and his family escape Scream Street?

Cute book, but I think that it would be more interesting to an elementar
Badersidi
Scream Street is the best book I read and I am willing to read the next episodes in the coming weeks
Sara Shupe
The beginning of a Fun little adventure... would recommend to my Kiddos!
Samathaaguirre
it is interesting and i if you read it im sure you will like it
Kat Wells
great start to the series!
Paige
I loved it
Jachob
Feb 05, 2014 Jachob added it
Awesome

Naina
Even though this is a childish book it was very worth reading... Tommy Donbavard turned an ordinary boy into a cool less ordinary boy... I dont know but something about this book made me read it I have read nearly all of them but I cannot find the next one... This book allowed me to fantasise my own world creativly which is why i gave this book a 4... I would tell Tommy Donbavard to carrry on writing :)
Jess - The Tales Compendium
I think this is a really great series. Lots of fun and our three main characters get up to a whole lot of mischief. Great for reluctant readers. I borrowed the first book but will absolutely be buying the next ones, can't wait to find what Luke, Resus and Cleo get up to next! :)

Please note that my rating of 4 stars is in comparison to other books for this age group
Justin.h
I thought this book was good but not great. Alot of parts where really confusing cause you have no idead whos saying anything or whats happeing.
But anyways the book was about a boy that gor turned into a warewolf and his family was sent to this place called scream street where all the fantasy creatures live. He makes 2 friends a vampire and a mummy.
*Queen Diva*
I really enjoyed this book! And to be quite honest, I'm surprised at how much I liked it! I think it's because it was a good balance of things: it was well written, it was serious yet funny, and the characters had a fun wit about them that often made me smile or chuckle. I'm glad I came across this book and look forward to reading the rest!
Jessica Van Vleet
This was a super cute book for kids. There were enough pictures that the kids can't complain about there not being pictures, but not nearly enough for it to be a picture book. I love the whole idea of Scream Street! I read it in less than a day, just for an easy read. I am going to pass this along to the kids for a fun summer read.
yaBOOKS:
Amazing book, Tommy's writing style is amazing not too immature but can create suspense and mystery. His charatcers are unique in their same way, and supernatural individually. This book isn't just the predictable scary ghouly story, and yet he makes you think about things you wouldn't think about.
Kait
Fast, fun, and way cute!! Now I'm not a fan of spiders, but if they're goanna come clean my house I don't think I'd mind them as much!! :)
My little brother and I really enjoyed this book, it's the perfect book for little boys and girls who love a good scary(but not really scary)book!
Neefoo
I loved the main idea of the story, it was something new and exciting! It's definitely grabbing.. I couldn't stop reading it until it was over! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series to follow the trio's adventure.
Sebastian Peoples
I liked this book very much. I think this book is good for people that like haunted books. I liked it because I liked that they were trying to find a fang. Its awesome and a real vampire fang and I liked the ending.
Bev
The humour in these books would engage any reluctant reader in my opinion and there are many laughs to be had as an adult reader too - I particularly love the surfer dude zombie ;0) Should be in every school library.
Laela
3rd and 4th grade boys. Lots of action, adventure, fantasy, and general grossness to keep childrens interest. Cute pictures and interesting plot. Will be a great series.

Cupcake
I love the books this one is one of my fave if you are reading my comment you should really read the set if you don't you don't know what your missing out on
Lea
so very cute! this is a great introduction to the genre for younger readers and works as a gateway to more advanced series such as Oliver Nocturne!
  • The Vampire's Photograph (Oliver Nocturne, #1)
  • Prince of Dorkness (Wimpy Vampire, #2)
  • The High Skies Adventures of Blue Jay the Pirate
  • The Resisters (The Resisters, #1)
  • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Flies Again (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #2)
  • The Bag of Bones (Tales from the Five Kingdoms, #2)
  • Captain Awesome to the Rescue!
  • The Wooden Mile (Something Wickedly Weird #1)
  • Flood and Fang (The Raven Mysteries, #1)
  • The Shadow Lantern  (The Blackhope Enigma, #3)
  • The Academy (Steel Trapp, #2)
  • The Worst Witch Saves the Day (Worst Witch, #5)
  • Ivy Takes Care
  • Candy and the Broken Biscuits (Candypop #1)
  • The Rising (Department 19, #2)
  • Horrid Henry Rocks
  • The Dragonlord's Heir (The Ascalon Trilogy, #1)
  • Philippa Fisher and the Fairy's Promise (Philippa Fisher, #3)
Tommy Donbavand is the author of the Scream Street series and more. A writer for several educational magazines, he also teaches writing and holds storytelling workshops. He lives in Lancashire, England.
More about Tommy Donbavand...

Scream Street (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Blood of the Witch (Scream Street, #2)
  • Heart of the Mummy (Scream Street, #3)
  • Flesh of the Zombie (Scream Street, #4)
  • Skull of the Skeleton (Scream Street, #5)
  • Claw of the Werewolf (Scream Street, #6)
  • Invasion of the Normals (Scream Street, #7)
  • Attack of the Trolls (Scream Street, #8)
  • Terror of the Nightwatchman
  • Rampage of the Goblins (Scream Street, #10)
  • Hunger of the Yeti (Scream Street, #11)
Doctor Who: Shroud of Sorrow Blood of the Witch (Scream Street, #2) Heart of the Mummy (Scream Street, #3) Flesh of the Zombie (Scream Street, #4) Skull of the Skeleton (Scream Street, #5)