Start by marking “Joshua In The Holy Land” as Want to Read:
Joshua In The Holy Land

Joshua In The Holy Land (Joshua)

Joshua has come home.
But home is no more peaceful than it was during the "time long ago" remembered by Joshua. Violent, seemingly intractable disputes poison the very air. It falls to Joshua, retracing the path taken two millennia ago, to lead his followers to peace in this world as well as in the next. Joshua in the Holy Land will carry every reader back to where it all
Published April 1st 1995 by Touchstone (first published September 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Joshua In The Holy Land, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joshua In The Holy Land

Kaila Walker
Mar 04, 2016 Kaila Walker rated it did not like it
Shelves: thrown-away
I liked the idea of the book (even though it is theologically impossible) but I found this Joshua/Jesus character to be way off. He is not like the Jesus of the Bible. I started reading another book out of the series, since I picked them both up from a thrift store at the same time, and I had to put it down after a few chapters because of what the character said (that God and Allah are the same.) I threw both of them in the garbage where they belong.

Also the idea of a Jew ( especially one who i
Michael
Nov 25, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion, fiction
One of the more troubling things I've noticed about myself as I've gotten a bit older is my decreasing ability to imagine a world better than the one we live in now. It's not cynicism as much as it is weariness. The present sometimes seems to be an endless, repeating litany of war, famine, plague, environmental degradation, and economic insecurity. When I was younger, I used to be all Star Trek about the future: humanity will overcome its differences and reach toward the stars! We will see that ...more
Alyssa
Nov 05, 2012 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
This review will not be that of a retelling of Joshua in the Holy Land. The events and quotes from this story are best to be experienced by the eyes and mind of whom is read them. No, this review is to only describe the wonderful feeling you experience when reading this novel. The words become more than black ink on paper. They etch themselves into your brain and mold with your soul. Joshua becomes as familiar as your own family and affects you with the love he shows in the same way. Reading thi ...more
Jane
Mar 26, 2016 Jane rated it really liked it
4.00 stars - rated pg

I'm very slowly going through all my bookshelves and trying to catalogue books bought and read in years gone by. Stars and ratings are mere guesses at this point. I'm assuming I enjoyed the book at some point in my life?
Jeannie
Sep 12, 2015 Jeannie rated it it was amazing
Another excellent read! How great it would be if more people read these books. Great messages for all people! These need to be studied at parochial schools. Great for discussions, both among the youth and adults.
If my children were still in grade school, I would donate sets!
Buddy Draper
Apr 10, 2016 Buddy Draper rated it did not like it
Shelves: modern-parables
The idea of bringing Jews, Muslim and Christians together is admirable, but doing so with the theology that the God of the Bible is the same as Allah is more than wrong: it's heretical.
Marcie
Feb 22, 2014 Marcie rated it did not like it
Just couldn't figure out what was going on(?) Was Joshua, Jesus? Was it present day or Jesus' day(?) Didn't finish it. Guess it was just too deep for me.
Allison Vandenberg
It was the best of the three I read, but they seemed a lot better when I was in High School. Go figure.
John
May 13, 2015 John rated it really liked it
While this Joshua story didn't captivate me as the first, it's idealistic occurances would be wonderful in our world...one can hope?! Well told modern day take on Peace and Love.
RoseMarie
Feb 14, 2014 RoseMarie rated it it was amazing
Grizone's sweet book is an uplifting story of how loving thy neighbor can work miracles. If the world would only behave in this way.
Heather Lynn
Oct 02, 2012 Heather Lynn rated it it was amazing
I am almost done with this book and I just have to say that I love this one. I wasn't thrilled with Joshua: The Homecoming, there was something missing in that one. But this book, it is like walking with Jesus and hearing his sermons for today's world. Just amazing.
Angelene
Jul 23, 2007 Angelene rated it it was amazing
This really helped me understand and learn about the history of the Holy Land and at really simple and enjoyable level!
Cathy
May 03, 2012 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Cathy by: Evelyn Cooke
Shelves: christian
Not sure the writer's intent in writing this novel - but it left me feeling encouraged and uplifted.
Brian
Mar 26, 2016 Brian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: oblock, personal
It was very similar to Joshua in a Troubled World
Kathy
Jan 03, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
anti-political-driven race wars. good theme!
Michelle Stevens
Jun 30, 2012 Michelle Stevens rated it it was amazing
very good, inspiring
Scott N.
A great series of books.
Mary Carter
Mary Carter rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2016
TheSqaull17
TheSqaull17 marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Patricia Lott
Patricia Lott rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Marie
Marie rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Sharon S
Sharon S marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2016
Debra
Debra rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2016
Liv Worthen
Liv Worthen is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2016
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Paula
Paula rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
  • The Holy Twins: Benedict and Scholastica
  • Saint Francis of Assisi: A Life of Joy
  • What Happens When Women Pray
  • God in Pain: Inversions of Apocalypse
  • Brothers (Legacies of the Ancient River #2)
  • All You Ever Need
  • Come Away My Beloved
  • The Illuminati
  • What the Bible Really Says about Homosexuality
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • Front Porch Tales: Warm Hearted Stories of Family, Faith, Laughter and Love (Porch Talk series, #2)
  • Pierced by a Sword
  • Death And The Life After
  • Designed for Devotion: A 365-Day Journey from Genesis to Revelation
  • When a Man's a Man
  • Wisdom of Narnia
  • Anathema
  • The Best of All Possible Wars
FROM PUBLISHER:
JOSEPH F. GIRZONE retired from the active priesthood in 1981 due to health reasons, and embarked on a second career as a writer and speaker.

In 1995 he established the Joshua Foundation, an organization dedicated to making Jesus better known throughout the world.

His bestselling books include Joshua, A Portrait of Jesus, and Never Alone. He lives in Altamont, New York.
More about Joseph F. Girzone...

Joshua (9 books)