Start by marking “Other People's Diaries” as Want to Read:
Other People's Diaries

Other People's Diaries

2.8 of 5 stars 2.80  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"It sounds kind of strange, but do you know anyone who is really happy? Someone who is exactly where they want to be, who gets up every morning looking forward to what the day will bring? I have a theory..."

Published September 1st 2008 by Pan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Other People's Diaries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Other People's Diaries

The Cats Mother
I was interested in the premise of this - 5 strangers agree to take on small tasks and write about them in an online diary to try and make their lives happier, organised by a writer who had one big success but is now an unhappy housewife.
I would have liked it better if any of the characters had been nicer: they are all wallowing in misery with their first world problems - 2 of the women are unhappy mothers complaining about either having too much to do (Rebecca who works) or not doing anything f
slyonbooks
It is the process that went into the writing of this book that first attracted me to reading it - Australian sisters Kris Webb and Kathy Wilson write under the pen name of Kathy Webb.

The fact that they live in different parts of the world and have to contend with different time zones and young families doesn’t seem to stop them as they also have under their belt two other successful novels Sacking the Stork and Inheriting Jack.

They write a scene or take a character as far as they can then send t
Stacey Taylor
A light and easy book to read. I didn't feel particularly close to any of the characters and a lot of the plots were predictable but I enjoyed it all the same. I like the reminder that you never know the battles a stranger is fighting under the surface and their reasons for being on the path that they're on.
Katrina
Alice Day's theory has led to five strangers meeting in a bar to take part in her experiment. But can this one-time bestselling author, now a mother and housewife, follow through and change their lives for the better (and perhaps her own as well)?
Mellissa
All in all this book was ok, it is about 5 different people and broken down into their individual stories. However it was so hard to remember who was who and you were constantly getting lost.
Maggie
Nice easy reading. More chick lit than I usually choose to read but the story held my attention. Interesting to note that the author is actually two people - sisters who combine their work.
Lb
Interesting character fiction and a quick read, but the authors "try a little too hard" at the end. I read it cover to cover without any regrets.
Shell Turner
The idea of the book was good but it didn't really do much in the end. All a bit meh:-/
Sandy
Sandy added it
Dec 18, 2014
Twl Newtown
Twl Newtown marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Jessy
Jessy marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jessica R
Jessica R marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
Judy Nickless
Judy Nickless marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Cheryl Williamson
Cheryl Williamson is currently reading it
Feb 26, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013