Start by marking “The Veteran (Veteran #1)” as Want to Read:
The Veteran (Veteran #1)

The Veteran (Veteran #1)

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  288 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Tim's loss of his brother, Todd, a young marine in Iraq, leaves a big hole in his life. He tries desperately to fill his heart by working as a hospital social worker, but his weekly visits to his brother's grave are his only true comfort.

Into the hospital and into Tim's life comes a huge, muscular, young guy named Ty, sporting a Marine Corp tattoo just like the one that Ti
Published May 2007 by Loose Id (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Veteran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Veteran

I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleKeeping Promise Rock by Amy LaneLatakia by J.F.  Smith
Best Gay Soldiers
53rd out of 332 books — 560 voters
A Strong Hand by Catt FordInvicta by Piper KaySecrets, Skin and Leather by Sean MichaelNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDouble Full by Kindle Alexander
Sexiest Gay Romance Book Covers
100th out of 442 books — 562 voters

More lists with this book...

This was one I had to suspend my disbelief on a bit. I work closely with social workers in a hospital setting on a regular basis and the idea that one would just take home one of their patients seemed a bit ridiculous. And it would get them fired in about ten seconds flat. But once I got past that it was a really sweet hurt/comfort story. Both MCs were able to give each other what they needed continue their lives after the death of a close loved one. 3.5 stars.
Elisa Rolle
This is, somewhat a surprising for me. I'm used to stories by Bobby Michaels full of humor and sex, and instead this time the sex is in second position: more important is the building of the relationship beween Ty, the veteran, and Tim, the social worker who tries to bring out the man from his post traumatic depression.

Ty is a former marine, better and ex-marine, who was thrown out from the Corps. He is angry and injured, but he is not angry with other people. He growls but not bits. And he is g
Sep 28, 2011 Sadonna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pdf, mm
This is the story of Tim a social worker who has lost his brother Todd, a Marine in Iraq. After three years, he still visits Todd's grave every week and talks to him. Todd is the only person Tim ever told that he was gay and he loved his brother more than anyone in the world and still misses him terribly. His parents are trapped in their grief and have not moved on.

Tim is asked to take on the case of an indigent guy who seems to be angry at the world. Turns out that Ty is an ex-marine. And he i
Recovering angry soldier meets a young man who works in the hospital.

Their story was sweet and I really liked both Ty and Tim.

Todd, even if only mentioned, seemed like a great guy too.

Aoi Saitou
When I read this book I wasn't into MM stories. But I changed my mind, this story delves into the characters psyche and you can see their whole persona. It has cute/lovely moments of intimacies that even I had read this a year to 2 years ago, I still remember the plot and the feelings that was evoked with this romance. I've read much raunchier books than this one but this really stays with with its poignant story. This is a great book to start reading MM books. Now I hunt across the net for book ...more
This book was pretty good right up to the sex scene which lasted for 3 hours!
Now THIS is how it was supposed to be. ;v;
I wasnt sure about this book, because I havent really enjoyed the other books that I have read by this author. But I saw some good reviews and thought I would give it a try.

There were some things in the book, that didnt feel like they would happen in like that in real life, but somehow it didnt matter. The relationship between Tim and Ty was very sweet, and I liked how Ty changed throughout the book. From a grumpy loner who didnt feel like he had a future, to a loving partner who worked to make
Ale Rivero
Amor y Honor

Ty es un ex-marine que fue deshonrosamente expulsado del cuerpo.
Tim es el hermano pequeño de un marine que murió en la guerra.
Y ambos de unen a raíz de un accidente y por ser las personas más amadas por el hermano de Tim.
Ty debía cumplir una promesa, cuidar de Tim. Y Tim debía aceptar lo que era y no preocuparse por lo que pensaba los demás.
Los dos se conocen, se reconocen, y empieza una historia de verdadero amor, honor y valentía.
Y aquí, es totalmente cierto decir que: El amor es e
VERY predictable! Tim isthe awkward and compassionate virgin and Ty is the uneducated gay former marine who fell on hard times. The plot was interesting but I don't feel like the romance played out in the most interesting way. it was slightly humdrum. It was a sweet HEA.
Tim was kind of boring and Ty seemed to develop a weird (Southern?) accent towards the end of the book. Also the sex scenes were really not that hot. Too bad, I really wanted to like this one as it had a good premise.
Erotic Horizon
The Veteran by Bobby Michaels (?)
Good story, rather amateurish writing.
Nutra1996 marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Kamryn Boyd
Kamryn Boyd marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Rita-Teodora marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Shannelle Lamour :)
Shannelle Lamour :) marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Felicia marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
McQreader marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
  • It Takes A Hero
  • Walking Wounded
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • All Man
  • Precious Ache
  • To the Highest Bidder
  • Maritime Men (Maritime Men,  #1)
  • Her Majesty's Men
  • Islands
  • Wild Raspberries (Dan & Tyler #1)
  • Tootsies
  • Hard Ride Home
  • The Sound of Your Voice
  • Personal Best 1: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • Out of the Blue
  • Fallon's Jewel
  • VN2
Bobby Michaels lives in Fort Lauderdale with hundreds – nay! thousands – of gorgeous, muscular men (most of them Marines) running around in his mind. Some are memories of sexual encounters, some are the characters from his many Nifty stories and Loose Id novels and some are characters from novels waiting to be written. So, though he lives alone, he is never lonely.

Bobby has been many things in his
More about Bobby Michaels...

Veteran (2 books)
  • Treating Ty (Veteran #2)