Start by marking “Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)” as Want to Read:
Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)

Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love & Devotion #1)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,936 Ratings  ·  742 Reviews
New York City Vice Detective Evan Cerelli has lost his wife, the only person he ever loved and slept with. He's trying to get on with his life, build a life for his children. Former Homicide Detective Matt Haight is a ladies’ man, all sex/no commitment. He's depressed, having a midlife crisis, and not sure where his life is headed.

The two find friendship in the bottom of a
Published September 23rd 2008 by Loose-id

To ask other readers questions about Faith & Fidelity, please sign up.

Martin There are some small changes I noticed. In one scene, Matt wants to put on some 'mood music' and Evan says that if he switches on the player, he will…moreThere are some small changes I noticed. In one scene, Matt wants to put on some 'mood music' and Evan says that if he switches on the player, he will hear Miley Cyrus.
And Matt answers 'Who is that?' with Evan replying 'Count your blessings.'
In the new edition it's not Miley Cyrus but R5.
Probably because everyone, even an 'old dude' like Matt would know Miley Cyrus ?!
I'd love to have a list of all changes to the previous edition. I am just that weird ;-)(less)
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleHot Head by Damon SuedeFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsSticks & Stones by Abigail Roux
Favorite Gay Couples
4th out of 2,271 books — 3,040 voters
Cut & Run by Abigail RouxZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsHot Head by Damon Suede
The Best of Gay Romance
4th out of 2,656 books — 2,847 voters

More lists with this book...

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*Woah! Price drop to $0.99 at most places today! 1/22/15*

**3.5 stars**

Tere Michaels, I have one question for you. Where. Is. My. (view spoiler)

This book is extremely hyped by my Goodreads friends. I think for many readers, it is one of their intro books into the genre of M/M romance and I can see why that is. It is angsty yet easy to relate to, and it feels very realistic. I think th
Buggy
Opening Line:"Matt Haight sat in his car, watching the entrance of the Stag Bar with butterflies in his stomach."

I don’t even know how to put into words how much I loved this story and I’m having trouble writing a review that will do it any form of justice. I can tell you that author Tere Michaels has so hooked me with her unforgettable characters, heart wrenching love story and poignant writing that I’m now looking into spending several hundred dollars on an e-reader just so I can find out what
julio
Mar 02, 2014 julio rated it did not like it
This is another really shitty book review.

"Tedious. Oh, the angsty, angsty, angsty men. But some good bits if you can tolerate that kind of thing."

Seriously. That's all I wrote.

Helpful, right?

You should probably flag this.
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
Mar 15, 2013 Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: StellaR
Shelves: delicious-m-m

FOUR SWEET STARS

This sweet and romantic book tells us the story of Evan. Evan lost his wife a year ago and was left with his four kids. He is still missing her every single day of his life and he doesn’t want to meet anyone.

You grieve with every fiber of your being when the thing you love most is ripped out of your life

Evan’s colleagues, Helena & Vic, try to keep him busy, they want him to have a normal life so he goes out with them one night and he meets Matt. Matt is an ex cop and he is
Exina

Wounded widower and depressed ex-cop meet – angst guaranteed.

Evan Cerelli had lost his wife in a car accident, and had been left alone with four children. It’s been a year, and he is still in deep grief, suffering in pain and misery, living only for his kids.

Matt Haight is a former cop, a ‘casual sex / no commitment’ type of guy. But he is tired of the one-night stands, depressed and lonely, and he hates his job.

When Evan and Matt meet, they recognize something familiar in each other.
Mo
May 04, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a heartbreakingly beautiful love story. I could feel the anguish of Evan throughout the whole story, the guilt, the guilt, the guilt. But seriously, how could something so beautiful be so wrong. Evan loses his wife - he is straight, he has four great kids, some fairly shitty in-laws - but hey, I suppose I should give them a bit of slack as they did also lose their daughter. He meets Matt, sweet, sweet Matt, who is also straight..... or so they think. They strike up a great friendship an ...more
Susan
Dec 21, 2012 Susan rated it liked it

I have a love / hate relationship with this book.

I really, really like the MC’s. As broken and lost and hurting as they are, Evan and Matt are good men who deserve happiness…and each other. I liked how we got to see them meet, befriend each other, and eventually realize their attraction and love for one another. That’s enough to make me feel ok about having read the book.

But, there were a few things that absolutely drove me bonkers and irritated the CRAP out of me and made me want to l
Monique ~ Sinfully
May 28, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book had me captivated from the first passage and took me on a path of discovery with Evan and Matt.......both lost, confused and disillusioned, both finding comfort in the most unlikely of situations.

This truly is a love story at it's best......and it is a credit to your writing Ms Michaels that I too was so emotionally involved in this journey with them and the great cast of their family and friends.

However I did get to the last page and think 'is that it'........but knowing there are tw
.Lili.
Jun 13, 2013 .Lili. rated it it was amazing
 photo image_zps56daa868.jpg
Faith and Fidelity is the beautiful story Evan and Matt. Evan, who is dealing with the loss of his high school sweetheart and mother of his four children. Matt, who is depressed after having been forced out of his job at the force. Their journey is one that will touch you. You feel their anguish, confusion, and above all their love for one another in every page. 5 Beautiful Stars!

Ingela
5 Huge Stars for a warm and tenderhearted novel which is feeling like a "True Life" story about male love.

Often, I love stepping into a sort of fairy tale world and "live with" heroes and heroines in the Romances. What's happening is hardly likely or very credible with it being a romantic, exciting and often sexy world. I love alpha males, the noble lords, the beautiful women or tough girls, the paranormal unreal, suspense, adventure and puzzles to be solved or just a beautiful world of luxury
Lenore
I'm gonna be the odd one out. Again. Because even though most of my GR friends love this story, it was just meh for me.

So. Evan and Matt. They're both heteros. At a certain point, they realise they are attracted to each other. Then they realise they love each other. OK. I can buy that provided it's done well. But I didn't buy it here. Not really.

I got the emotional/bonding part; both men needed someone to lean onto, someone to count on. They became good friends through their commiseration. Fai
Mel
Aug 12, 2010 Mel rated it it was amazing
I didn’t plan to read this book. It was just that I forgot my book at home and I was in the train, bored, with another hour to go. So I thought I’d read a few chapters of this story on my ereader and continue the other book when I got home.
No chance. From the first page: I was hooked.

Faith & Fidelity is the beautiful story of Matthew Haight, Ladies Man Extraordinaire, and Evan Cerelli, Poster Boy for Suburban Normalcy, finding love. But it’s also more than that. It’s about loss, sacrifice,
ElaineY
Oct 21, 2008 ElaineY rated it it was ok
Ok, I was going to give this just 1 star because after so many pages filled with the apprehensions of the two men (it's Novel Plus length), that is all the book is. There's not even "full-length" sex - just a few BJs and coming in their hands. Both sex and romance are sacrificed to fill page after page with the men's ambivalence towards their relationship.

I settled for 2 stars instead of just one because the issues Matt and Evan deal with are altogether too real - how do you handle telling your
DarienMoya
Jul 21, 2010 DarienMoya rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of sexy man love, and a tear jerker.
^^BLOODY AWESOMENESS!^^

What can I say about this book, it has everything I love about M/M lovin. Guys with no previous experience about all that is man love, real men no wet behind the ears young boys, plus it has heart and leaves you with a tear in your eye, then makes you smile because its that bloody good.

THE RUNDOWN- Evan just lost his wife and he is feeling the pain. The book begins with him getting ready for the funeral and its so heartbreaking; instantly leads you to tear up. His pain an
Tina
Mar 22, 2014 Tina rated it it was amazing
Read in January 2012.

Evan Cerelli is a widower and single Dad of 4 kids. After the death of his wife in a car crash he can barely put his life back together, he’s just a shadow of his former self. Matt Haight is a playboy and ex-cop. Working for a security company, he feels a big loss for the only job he ever loved. The two find friendship in the bottom of a shared bottle...

It’s very lovely to see how their deep friendship unexpectedly grows into something new, exciting, yet frightening at the
Steph
Nov 30, 2012 Steph rated it really liked it
**** Buddy Read with Cindi ****

I don't usually read books this short, they tend to fall a little flat for me. Not enough time to develop the characters or the story line, but this book was brilliant.

I loved the prologue. I thought that Michaels did an amazing job at making me care for a character so much in such little time. I was crying for Evan and I didn't even know him yet.
Everything was explained so honestly, I felt like I was feeling his pain...

'They let him touch her hand and kiss he
♔ Jaela ♊ Killer ⚔ QUEEN
I wanted to love this book. I wanted it so much. The first half was very good. I don't know what happened with the second one. There was something missing. And the ending was a bit rushed.

Parvathy
Dec 12, 2015 Parvathy rated it really liked it
I loved this book..I like reading gay for you books and what I really liked was that this book is about two people who are with a man for the first time in their lives.

Evan having just lost his wife is broken down and struggling with his grief and the responsibility of being a single parent . Matt who is working for a security company is mourning the loss of his beloved job as a cop . Their shared grief of loss of the love of their lives allows a friendship to be born. Evan and Matt has found a
Catherine
*** 3.5 Stars ***

Tere Michaels’ Faith & Fidelity was like a slice of life served up in book form. It was raw, honest, humbling, and incredibly emotional (I was in tears by page 4). It included some characters that I absolutely loved, and one or two that I wanted to bitch slap every time they appeared. It had a tendency to kick you in the teeth when you were least expecting it, and yet had the ability to surprise you with its brilliance and joy just as quickly. And – like life – it didn’t unf
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Feb 24, 2015 Melissa (Ever So Mela) rated it liked it
3.75

Great slow burn romance with just the right amount of angst. Loved every single character and what they bright to the story. Man, I even loved the kids and found they were done in a perfect balance between naive and keen.

Amazing flow and credibility. And loved the steamy encounters.
Only missing one thing which would have made this a good five stars in my book
(view spoiler)
KatieMc
Mar 28, 2016 KatieMc rated it liked it
Shelves: librarybook
Color me surprised that I enjoyed this as much as I did. I can be a fickle mm reader and usually books that have had broad popularity are just meh for me. I was looking for something that wasn't too gimmicky and that featured characters who were firmly past NA. I'm not a fan of the GFY and there were things would normally be problematic for me (view spoiler). Still, I becam ...more
Gina
Mar 26, 2013 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m

This was an excellent read, it captured me from the start had me crying from the beginning. Then pretty soon I was laughing and nodding my head because this was a totally believable account of two people's lives. Evan is dealing with the loss of his wife, he has 4 young kids he has to take care. A night out with friends he runs into Mark. They strike up a conversation, and become friends. Evan and Matt discover they are attracted to each other, neither man have ever been attracted to men before.
StellaR
**I definitely recommend this sweet story for M/M newbies**

I hope my English is better so I can review this properly, I'm afraid I won't do any justice here. This book got me nearly in tears on the proloque alone. Nope, it's not a happy tears but not a devastating, emotional-wrecking story either, and it's not just gay romance, coming-out story it seems to be. You'll read how life takes an unexpected turn in these two men, Evan and Matt's paths, they meet, becoming each other's bestfriend and fa
Richard
If anyone were to ask ”why your love of m/m romance books”?
My answer will always be because of Tere Michaels FAITH, LOVE AND DEVOSION series.

And while reading them, I discovered Kaje Harper’s LIFE LESSONS, Josh Lanyon’s ADRIEN ENGLIH MYSTERIES, and Abigail Roux’s CUT & RUN series, among many other.

And then I was hooked, obsessed, in love with M/M romance.
Ms Michaels, it’s all your fault.

My heart will always belong to the FAITH, LOVE AND DEVOTION.
Cristopher
Jul 09, 2016 Cristopher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-books
Satisfying. Comfortable. Entertaining. Realistic.

I won't say much as this book got tons of great reviews out there. I'm definitely one of those who have enjoyed the ride!

From the heart gripping prologue.. up to the very last page of satisfying ending. I have not found any dull moment!

This book let me experience the thrill and excitement of exploring a new found unfamiliar territory of being in love with a man for the very first time as Evan and Matt navigate through it..

All the freaking out, he
MishyJo
May 16, 2014 MishyJo rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-with-marco

When I first started reading MM I was told that this was a good beginner's book. Maybe I would have liked it better back then. But now it felt like too many other books I have already read. There was nothing original here. I was kinda BORED through much of the story.

Also, I know I often complain that in GFY it takes too long for the relationship to develop. But here, it was too fast. For two very straight guys, they fell into lust and in love with each other way too fast. Had there been
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 30, 2012 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of M/M lovin'
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Camilla and Kirsty
Posted on Under the Covers

I absolutely loved Michaels’s writing style. The pacing was great, the sense of humor was spot on and most of all, this book had a lot of heart in it. Evan and Matt are perfect for one another. I loved that they both started off in a bad place. Of course, I don’t wish what happened to Evan to happen to anybody, but the fact that Evan found comfort in Matt’s presence set my mind at ease. It seemed like a natural progression to their friendship and I loved that they sough
Wendy
Wonderfully raw, passionate, and highly emotionally charged read. I highly recommend it.
Martin
Nov 08, 2015 Martin rated it it was amazing
I am finally - after re-reading it almost a year later - up to writing a review to my favorite book in the m/m romance genre. I am glad this wasn't the first book I've read in the genre, because I'm afraid I would have found many other novels lacking the depth and emotions that Faith & Fidelity conveyed. I seriously think that this story and these characters have raised a new level of expectations for me.

I would hardly even call this book fiction. It's so crystal-clear-realistic that I was w
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Oh.My.GAWD! This book!

Such an emotionally charged book and oh what a beautiful romance.

This is one of those books that will stay with me for a good long while. It was heartbreaking, emotional, and yet utterly beautiful. I found myself near tears at some parts, and flat out crying at some others.
I mean, reading Evan's story and heartbreak...oh...

Beautifully written romance. I couldn't help but get emotionally involved in the story and the characters. Matt and Evan both had demons that they were d
Dreamspinner Press: Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels 1 7 Oct 13, 2014 09:33PM
Who Should Play Matt and Evan in a movie? 9 243 Dec 24, 2013 07:27AM
Theme Song 1 50 Jul 20, 2010 06:31AM
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • Cop Out (Toronto Tales, #1)
  • Armed & Dangerous (Cut & Run, #5)
  • Shades of Gray
  • Bareback (Bareback, #1)
  • Death of a Pirate King (Adrien English Mystery, #4)
  • Promises (Coda Books, #1)
  • Crossing Borders (Crossing Borders, #1)
  • Keeping Promise Rock (Promises, #1)
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone, #1)
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • Mexican Heat (Crimes & Cocktails, #1)
  • Caught Running
  • Private Eye (Liaisons #1)
1999187
Tere Michaels unofficially began her writing career at the age of four when she learned that people got paid to write stories. It seemed the most perfect and logical job in the world and after that, her path was never in question. (The romance writer part was written in the stars—she was born on Valentine’s Day.)

It took thirty-six years of “research” and “life experience” and well… life… before he
More about Tere Michaels...

Faith, Love & Devotion (6 books)
  • Love & Loyalty  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #2)
  • Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3)
  • Cherish (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4)
  • Cherish & Blessed (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4 & #5)
  • Truth & Tenderness (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #6)

“You curse a lot.'

'Fuck you - I hardly curse at all.”
331 likes
“Got any mood music?”
“If you press Play on the stereo you’re going to hear Miley Cyrus.”
“I don’t know who that is.”
“Count your blessings.”