Start by marking “Eaten Alive (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eaten Alive (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #1)

Eaten Alive (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #1)

Enter the Star Wars universe....Zak and Tash Arranda, and their guardian, Uncle Hoole, have landed on the planet D'vouran. Nothing seems out of the ordinary at first. D'vouran is a beautiful planet, rich in natural resources and inhabited by friendly, hospitable creatures. And meeting the famous Rebels Princess Leia, Han Solo, and Luke Skywalker in the local cantina is ver ...more
Published January 1st 1997 by Skylark

To ask other readers questions about Eaten Alive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eaten Alive

Jan 29, 2016 Shadowdenizen rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Pre-Read Throughts: And so the breadcrumbs on my "YA Star Wars" trail has led me here. A "Goosebumps-style" Star Wars series? Yes, please.

Though I confess to reading and being underwhelmed by Death Troopers, this series sounds right up my alley, as long as I go in with reasonable expectations.

Read/review to come.
While this was an interesting premise, and definitely readable (thought the prose is slightly less sophisticated than some of the other YA Star Wars I've been reading), this
Aug 26, 2010 A. rated it it was amazing
Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear "Eaten Alive" is a great mystery of trust and honesty. In the book, it shows that even though siblings can be so annoyed of each other, they can just as easily help each other out in life. These brother and sister find out how useful it is to have trust in somebody by finding out that the the people of the planet they are on not only have a secret of their own but the planet does too. I recomend this book to any reader or person who likes something that has to do with g ...more
Darryl Dobbs
Apr 21, 2016 Darryl Dobbs rated it did not like it
Ugh. I know this was made for kids. I also know that if the SW property is going to be grown, it needs to refresh the group of fans to include the young generation.
But this is not the way.
Just a bunch of useless “scary” stories about a planet that eats people, the dead rising, a virus that turns people into “blobs”. Even though they were quick reads, I couldn’t bring myself to read all 12 of these books. And here is where my mission fails – I thought I’d read every book I could get my hands on
Julian Martinez
Nov 04, 2015 Julian Martinez rated it liked it
Have you ever wondered if planets could eat every single person that stands on it? The genre of my book is science fiction I know this because this book has aliens and many other things that may exist in the future. My opinion on the book is that it was not very entertaining unlike the many other different books in the popular series,I believe this because of it being the first book in the series it isn't going to be as action packed as the other books in the series.

In the book Tash, her brother
Rating: 3 Stars out of 5

The Galaxy of Fear books were around when I was little, and I remember always being too scared of the covers to read them, even though they were some of the only Star Wars-related books in the children's section of the library. Understandable, considering my cover of the book looked like this:

Garish, hilarious orange artwork, yes. But those creatures still look pretty freaky. The memories! Interestingly enough, this series came out a bit before the prequels, so it's kind
Jul 24, 2011 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
B. Reese
Jul 06, 2015 B. Reese rated it liked it
Basically a cash-grab for fans of Goosebumps and Star Wars. Not especially scary, to a grown up. But for ummmm...right, the kid i bought it for (wink, wink) maybe.

At any rate, for an adult, it's really silly, features some Mary Sueism, but on the whole I suppose it's fun for a kid to read.

For what it's worth, I consider this to be more canonical, and a lot more enjoyable than any i've read by Alan Dean Foster or Barbara Hambly.
Sep 02, 2016 Jaime rated it liked it
Zak and Tash Aranda are siblings 1 year apart (Tash is the elder one). They're from Alderaan and were put under the care of their Uncle Hoole, a Shi'ido shapeshifter, after the Empire destroyed the planet. Hoole is a scientist who doesn't share much with his niece and nephew.

The three land on the planet D'vouren, which is a newly discovered planet even though it's on some busy hyperspace lanes. The planet lures sentients in as food.

I didn't mind the premise of the story nor even most of how it w
Skippy Squirrel
Aug 15, 2015 Skippy Squirrel rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
I tore through this book one night in a fit of insomnia. My favourite part was the space-snowboarding. I regret nothing!
Mary Anne
Feb 24, 2014 Mary Anne rated it liked it
I read this with Preston so we could discuss it. He really got into it. Good book for 8 yr olds.
Sam Stokes
Jan 16, 2014 Sam Stokes rated it liked it
Really loved these books when I was a kid. Read them all and loved them.
Oct 13, 2011 Kevin rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned, starwars
Unfortunatly, I did not realize this was the first in what is basically a kids series that just happened to be set in the Star Wars universe until I started reading it. It wasnt horrible and was actually fairly well written but ended up not being what I was looking for. I know it sounds silly but I prefer Star Wars to be a little more grown up. Moving on.
Michael Richards
Jul 19, 2015 Michael Richards rated it it was amazing
This book set fear of the galaxy which hoole the shi'ido is gathering information about worlds. The book Star Wars the illustrated Star Wars universe by mcquirre and Anderson, talks of hoole the shi'ido being the author and how he's gathered the information about the worlds with his unique powers.
Nice tie in.
Jan 14, 2011 Aaron rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011-reads
And so begins my quest to collect and read the final star wars series I don't own.

For being a 12 part series from the mid 90s when Star Wars books were in their infancy, this wasn't nearly as horrible as I expected.
Mar 06, 2012 Peter rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This is the first Star Wars I ever remember reading, way back in third grade! A good blend of sci-fi, action, and creepiness, without being too scary for the young sci-fi fan.
Apr 29, 2011 Angela rated it it was ok
I thought the book was just OK. I thought the relationship between the brother and sister was nice, but other than that, I was a little disappointed.
Andy Ramos
Jul 24, 2008 Andy Ramos rated it did not like it
Got it to read with my daughter but was very dissappointed. I guess its suppose to be a scary version of star wars. It bombed with me!
Sep 21, 2010 Bradley rated it liked it
Disgusting and surprisingly fun. Too bad it is in really rough condition from the library withdrawn shelf. =)
Mar 30, 2009 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Leo and I started reading this series. It is for older kids I think and a little ghoulsome.
Sep 05, 2008 Athena rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Um, I wouldn't
Er...I really didn't get the point of this book. It really wasn't very good.
Jan 27, 2011 Nemesis2me rated it really liked it
Fun read as a child, always looked forward to the next in the series.
May 10, 2010 Sarah rated it liked it
Great young adult novel that takes place in the Star Wars Universe
Jul 03, 2010 Treps rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading and enjoying this as a kid.
Feb 07, 2015 Chad rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Not bad for a "junior" novel.
Nov 18, 2012 Andrew rated it it was amazing
I remember really liking these books
Bernd Opoku-boadu
Dec 21, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
Jul 24, 2008 Latifa added it
Chris Johnston
Chris Johnston marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
  • Anakin's Quest (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #4)
  • The Lost City of the Jedi (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #2)
  • Promises (Star Wars: Junior Jedi Knights, #3)
  • Master of Deception (Star Wars: The Last of the Jedi, #9)
  • Pursuit (Star Wars: Boba Fett, #6)

Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • City of the Dead (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #2)
  • Planet Plague (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #3)
  • The Nightmare Machine (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #4)
  • Ghost of the Jedi (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #5)
  • Army of Terror (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #6)
  • The Brain Spiders (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #7)
  • The Swarm (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #8)
  • Spore (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #9)
  • The Doomsday Ship (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #10)
  • Clones (Star Wars: Galaxy of Fear, #11)