Start by marking “Fear Agent, Volume 2: My War” as Want to Read:
Fear Agent, Volume 2: My War

Fear Agent, Volume 2: My War (Fear Agent #2)

Lost, beaten, and trapped in the past, Heath Huston must face the demons of his inevitable future when he finds himself face to face with the automaton regime responsible for robbing him of all he loves. With the knowledge that the Feeders are progressing ever closer to Earth, will Heath be able to get payback from the automaton empire in time to save his home planet from ...more
Published June 12th 2007 by Dark Horse Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fear Agent, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fear Agent, Volume 2

Ronyell
Brief Introduction:

After reading the first volume of Rick Remender’s memorable “Fear Agent” series, “Fear Agent Volume One: Re-Ignition,” I was getting more interested in seeing more adventures from Heath Huston, the last Fear Agent of his kind and I will definitely admit that “Fear Agent Volume Two: My War” was much better written then the first volume!

What is the story?

After the events of the first volume where Heath Huston and his new friend Mara Esperanza time travel to the past to stop
Mike
Oct 06, 2012 Mike rated it really liked it
I'm torn between two feelings after reading this book. On one hand, I have this sense that the plots are a little chaotic and meandering - not quite an arrow of time, but just some things that occurred to Remender as he was writing each page. (Sub-plots are hard to find or follow.) On the other, I'm enjoying the weird surprises and head-turning twists that make it feel a little more like life and less of a compact tale.

The most consistent thing about this tale is how much shit gets handed to Hea
Sonic
Sep 08, 2014 Sonic rated it liked it
I enjoyed this second book, much more than the first. Was it because I had a better idea of what flavor to expect? Or is it because I (GASP) prefer Opena's art over Terry Moore's art?
(You can't do that! This is the guy from "The Walking Dead" we are talking about here!)
I know I know, haters are gonna hate me. Heh heh heh, ... or it may be both factors.Speaking of flavors, though I have come to expect great writing from Remender, I am impressed by the variety of writing tones that he has.
J.G. Keely
Aug 06, 2010 J.G. Keely rated it liked it
Hmm. Interesting book; I'm still feeling my way out, but I think I like what I see. I came to the book to see more of Tony Moore's work, so I was somewhat apprehensive about the switch to Opena. Luckily, I've come to enjoy Opena's work, which recalls Sam Kieth and early Bachalo, and I think it's a better match with the colorist and inker, though I'm still looking forward to a return to Moore.

I also like the short 'Tales of the Fear Agent' at the end of each comic, hearkening back to the EC sci f
Martin
Dec 23, 2012 Martin rated it it was ok
Shelves: used-to-own, reviewed
I'm sorry tho say that this is where I got off the "Fear Agent" bandwagon. I'd liked Fear Agent Volume 1: Re-Ignition enough to get this second volume (if only to see where Remender would take the story) but with all the cloning & alternate (?) timelines & time travel, I found that the complexity the series was taking on was too much for the level of interest I had in it. There is a neat plot twist at the end of this book, but I found that reading about the rest of the series on Wikipedi ...more
Ted Henkle
Feb 18, 2015 Ted Henkle rated it it was amazing
Continued from Fear Agent Volume 1:

...but our hero Heath Hudson rebounds and manages to thwart the evil robot plan.
However, as with other time-travel stories, the "present" turns out to be worse off than before--on many levels, from personal to planetary.
The octopods still manage to conquer Earth, while the survivors flee to an overcrowded base on the moon.

My War ends with remnants of the Human Race preparing to launch a search for habitable planets in order to hide from the octopods--and just
Scott Meister
Feb 29, 2016 Scott Meister rated it really liked it
Can't say enough about this series. So much fun. So much emotion. You have got to read this.
Patrick Day
Nov 02, 2014 Patrick Day rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pulpy action mixed with a pervasive smart-ass attitude makes for a really fun comic book.
Calvin Daniels
Jan 21, 2015 Calvin Daniels rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Just an excellent read.
Tony
Apr 12, 2015 Tony rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Didn't like it as much as Volume One. The first volume I laughed my way from cover to cover. With this one the conclusion of the story line from volume I was an interesting turn of events and event the trial for crimes against time was okay, didn't care for the back to earth story. To be more specific I didn't care for the ending and meeting Charlotte, not that I was surprised by her, just didn't care for the turn of events I guess.
Jeff Raymond
I loved the first Fear Agent volume. This one, I just liked a lot. It has its share of humor and crazy sci-fi lunacy, but I felt as if the action trumped the story a lot of the time. I would have loved to see more of the court situation, more of the clone stuff, but this is all what I want as opposed to what it is, which is a fun, different comic. Still looking forward to volume 3.
Doreen
May 22, 2014 Doreen rated it liked it
Shelves: snapshot
4/24/14 Review tk.

5/23/14 http://www.iwantmytwodollars.com/2014...
Joey Heflich
Sep 29, 2014 Joey Heflich rated it really liked it
Jerome Opeña does a great job taking over for Tony Moore, and as always, Remender continues elevating Heath Huston to the legendary heights of Conan, Sherlock Holmes and John Carter. This does as much to update the pulp genre as Preacher did for the modern western with Jessie Custer.
Mike Klein
Jan 22, 2013 Mike Klein rated it really liked it
I read volume 1 online where it was free for a while. I'm going to give a review for volumes 2 and 3 together because it really is all one story. It is a pretty well drawn and the story is interesting but a little unnecessarily confusing. It is fun but not ground breaking.
Trae Brookins
Jul 04, 2013 Trae Brookins rated it it was amazing
Bad ass. This is one of those great graphic novels where you're head is still thrilling and churning for hours after you finish it. Lots of great 'time anomaly' schizophrenia inducing conundrums. Great illustrations and lots of actions too. Can't wait to read vol. 3.
Doug
Aug 26, 2009 Doug rated it it was amazing
This book is a ton of fun. Action is wild and raucous. The characters are big, unbelievable caricatures that are fun to watch on stage. Moore's artwork is superb in its pacing and storytelling, though that is no surprise.
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 22, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
Some of the time travel bits are sublime, but afterward the comic seems to lose its focus and by the end things have gotten a bit too fight-y, with the result being just OK.
Emilio Ladetto
Jan 12, 2013 Emilio Ladetto rated it really liked it
Excelente comic de Sci-Fi se nota que Remender esta muy comodo en este genero, ademas un Opeña para este segundo tomo, completo la verdad vamos a seguir con el tomo 3
Liz Stoneking
Jul 10, 2012 Liz Stoneking rated it it was amazing
This second volume really kicked thing up a notch (BAM!) in excitement and story value. I finished the last page and was a little sad to not have volume three.
Zach Danielson
Mar 18, 2012 Zach Danielson rated it really liked it
Action sci-fi with a wry sense of humor, and lots of twists and turns. The series continues to deliver an interesting plot and hilarious characters.
Matt
Jul 10, 2014 Matt rated it really liked it
This one's great, too. There are a few moments where I'm having to go back and reread, but it works, overall.
David Stoneking
Jul 09, 2012 David Stoneking rated it it was amazing
Full of pulpy sci-fi awesomeness. I can't wait to read the next one. Highly recommended.
Matt Piechocinski
Sep 21, 2010 Matt Piechocinski rated it liked it
Fear Agent is good ... but I keep confusing all the brainy looking aliens.
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2016
Scott Mills
Scott Mills rated it really liked it
T
T rated it really liked it
MrBoo65
MrBoo65 rated it really liked it
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Wayne Revell
Wayne Revell rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer and the Great Puppet Theater
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 3
  • Fractured Fables
  • Creepy Archives, Vol. 2
  • Godland Volume 1: Hello, Cosmic!
  • Lobster Johnson, Vol. 1: The Iron Prometheus (Lobster Johnson, #1)
  • Irredeemable, Vol. 2
  • Bloodshot, Vol 1: Setting the World on Fire
  • Ignition City Volume 1
Rick Remender is an American comic book writer and artist who resides in Portland, Oregon. He is best known for his work on Marvel Comics' Punisher series, Fear Agent and The End League.
More about Rick Remender...

Fear Agent (6 books)