Start by marking “No Reprieve” as Want to Read:
No Reprieve

No Reprieve

Seven faced a real problem

It didn't really matter to the quiet librarian that her Aunt Jane had become Madame Zoe, medium and spiritualist. Nor that she often enlisted Seven's aid.

But that was before Jake Jackson's mother wanted Madame Zoe to trace her missing grandchild. Jake, editor and owner of a crusading newspaper, wanted no part in their plan.

Seven knew that any futu
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1380, 187 pages
Published June 1st 1991 by Harlequin (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about No Reprieve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Reprieve

RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
Reserved librarian is troubled by her psychic abilities & tamped it down as best as she can since she was a teen by being careful, unobtrusive, & uninvolved with the world outside of her books. So she's shaken when tabloid newspaper owner Hero accuses her & her eccentric aunt of fraud by giving his mother false hopes re: his missing daughter's whereabouts in exchange for a good bit of money. Heroine apologizes for her aunt's machinations & avoids any further involvement with Hero ...more
Jacqueline
Fun little HP. The heroine is an ex circus performer and the hero is the owner/editor of a sleazy tabloid. He as also a big bully to the heroine. I mean really a bully. He did see the error of his ways and change for her though. She was psychic and was reluctantly roped in to help find his kidnapped daughter by his mother. He himself didn't believe in psychics of course. Well written and pretty well plotted.
Melanie♥
3 stars. The premise was very cool. An HP with a supernatural aspect. I had never run across that before. Everything was in place to make it a nice angsty read, but it just fell a bit short. I can't put my finger on why I didn't like it more, but everything felt a bit distant and I never made a real connection to either of the main characters. The H's decision to allow his daughter to stay with her adopted family came too easy.
Kalyee
Feb 04, 2015 Kalyee rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-great, hq
I loved it. :)

The h is a librarian who lives with her elderly aunt and had psychic dreams. The H is a sarcastic brooding newspaper owner whos young daughter was kidnapped 6 years ago. They come together when the crazy aunt contacts the H mother and hints that she may be able to help find the missing girl.

It was wonderful. Really. The h is "mousy" and reserved and very sterotypical of a "librarian" on the outside, buts she's also strong willed and determined and I adored how she was able to stand
3meg
Jul 08, 2011 3meg rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic book and very different from your typical HP...wow. That said, there was some very dark elements to this book that made this hard to feel great about for me (view spoiler) ...more
Hortensia
Hacía mucho que no leía una novela romántica con «suspence» incluído y me gustó bastante. Estuve interesada durante toda la trama y me gustó el estilo de la autora (ahora no recuerdo si alguna vez he leído otras novelas de ella). El único negrito del arroz fue que el final no se resolvió como yo hubiera querido, pero igual eso me pasa muchas veces. No por ello deja de ser un buen final.
María
Mar 11, 2015 María rated it liked it
Shelves: mine, ebook, read-2015
Seven had a problem, her aunt told to a tribulated grandma that she had information about her missing granddaughter. The truth is that Seven was a psychic and when she saw the picture of Rebecca she felt that the girl was ok.
Her aut, as Madame Zoe, searched for Rebecca's family and told Seven vision. When the father of the girl, a prestigious journalist, knew about that, she acuse Seven's aunt of lying. Seven, in order to try to protect her aunt, started to investigate Rebecca's disappearance.
B
Cws
LP Nap
Elleena Paris
Jan 21, 2013 Elleena Paris rated it really liked it
i really enjoyed this book, it was great! i liked the characters personality.
Shulonie Mccalla
Jul 24, 2012 Shulonie Mccalla rated it it was amazing
it was awwwsome! the girl reminds me of myself
Annarose
Feb 26, 2016 Annarose rated it really liked it
Loved it even though it gave a lot of tears. So sad
Beeg Panda
Beeg Panda rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2013
Tina Burke
Tina Burke rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2015
Anuhya
Anuhya rated it it was ok
Nov 14, 2011
Angela
Angela rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Lee mcduffie
Lee mcduffie rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Adrienne Brayshaw
Adrienne Brayshaw rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Ellora
Ellora rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2013
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2011
FangFan
FangFan rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2015
Malika
Malika rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Shulonie Mccalla
Shulonie Mccalla rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
thadine
thadine rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2011
Saly
Saly rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2012
Zainab
Zainab rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2015
Eileanoir
Eileanoir rated it it was ok
May 03, 2016
Bectoria
Bectoria rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Hnou
Hnou rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
LLCSpokane
LLCSpokane rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2012
Anitha Mary
Anitha Mary rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...