Start by marking “No Reprieve (Harlequin Presents)” as Want to Read:
No Reprieve (Harlequin Presents)

No Reprieve (Harlequin Presents)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Seven faced a real problem

It didn't really matter to the quiet librarian that her Aunt Jane had become Madame Zoe, medium and spiritualist. Nor that she often enlisted Seven's aid.

But that was before Jake Jackson's mother wanted Madame Zoe to trace her missing grandchild. Jake, editor and owner of a crusading newspaper, wanted no part in their plan.

Seven knew that any futu
Published June 1st 1991 by Harlequin (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about No Reprieve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Reprieve

Reserved librarian is troubled by her psychic abilities & tamped it down as best as she can since she was a teen by being careful, unobtrusive, & uninvolved with the world outside of her books. So she's shaken when tabloid newspaper owner Hero accuses her & her eccentric aunt of fraud by giving his mother false hopes re: his missing daughter's whereabouts in exchange for a good bit of money. Heroine apologizes for her aunt's machinations & avoids any further involvement with Hero ...more
Fun little HP. The heroine is an ex circus performer and the hero is the owner/editor of a sleazy tabloid. He as also a big bully to the heroine. I mean really a bully. He did see the error of his ways and change for her though. She was psychic and was reluctantly roped in to help find his kidnapped daughter by his mother. He himself didn't believe in psychics of course. Well written and pretty well plotted.
3 stars. The premise was very cool. An HP with a supernatural aspect. I had never run across that before. Everything was in place to make it a nice angsty read, but it just fell a bit short. I can't put my finger on why I didn't like it more, but everything felt a bit distant and I never made a real connection to either of the main characters. The H's decision to allow his daughter to stay with her adopted family came too easy.
I loved it. :)

The h is a librarian who lives with her elderly aunt and had psychic dreams. The H is a sarcastic brooding newspaper owner whos young daughter was kidnapped 6 years ago. They come together when the crazy aunt contacts the H mother and hints that she may be able to help find the missing girl.

It was wonderful. Really. The h is "mousy" and reserved and very sterotypical of a "librarian" on the outside, buts she's also strong willed and determined and I adored how she was able to stand
This was a fantastic book and very different from your typical That said, there was some very dark elements to this book that made this hard to feel great about for me (view spoiler) ...more
Seven had a problem, her aunt told to a tribulated grandma that she had information about her missing granddaughter. The truth is that Seven was a psychic and when she saw the picture of Rebecca she felt that the girl was ok.
Her aut, as Madame Zoe, searched for Rebecca's family and told Seven vision. When the father of the girl, a prestigious journalist, knew about that, she acuse Seven's aunt of lying. Seven, in order to try to protect her aunt, started to investigate Rebecca's disappearance.
Elleena Paris
i really enjoyed this book, it was great! i liked the characters personality.
Shulonie Mccalla
it was awwwsome! the girl reminds me of myself
Janice added it
Sep 13, 2015 marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
J marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Helen added it
May 02, 2015
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...