Start by marking “The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes” as Want to Read:
The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes

The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A Wonderful Christmas Book for the family. Has some very special features you won't want to miss.
Published October 1st 2008 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes

Teri
Nov 05, 2008 Teri rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone

This new Christmas story will become a classic for those who enjoy a spiritual odyssey with finding out how much Our Savior Jesus Christ loves us. This oversize book has wonderful pictures that tells the story of a ten year old boy finding special gifts at Christmas inside his wooden shoes, which is a German tradition. This boy Walter is mystified on who has left the gifts and then one day, two missionaries appear at his door to bring the news of Jesus Christ to this family and to bring hope to
Dallin
Dec 10, 2014 Dallin rated it it was amazing
This wonderful book has become a favorite for our Sunday evening Advent celebrations-- usually for the Sunday right before St. Niklaus Day. If you cry easily, you may want to let someone else read...
Tanya W
Jan 04, 2009 Tanya W rated it it was ok
Leila
Sep 26, 2014 Leila rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Pretty much can never hear enough stories about how the gospel touches people's lives. Loved it.
Amberly
Dec 07, 2011 Amberly rated it really liked it
We just read this again as a family. It is in our Christmas book collection. A sweet story that my children enjoy. My youngest son has a very good friend who is German and celebrates Saint Nicholas Day every year so he especially enjoys the German flavor of the story.
Garrett
Dec 17, 2010 Garrett rated it it was amazing
Since I love all things Dutch and wooden shoes, I bought this book. Of course, I later come to find out that it is in Germany instead of the Netherlands, but it is still a nice little LDS book that reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.
Maria
Jul 16, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: el-ed-340
Picture Book

Walter's dad is sick, and he doesn't think he'll get anything in his wooden shoes for Christmas. Someone fills his shoes every night, and at the end the missionaries come to help his dad.
Megan B
Dec 27, 2010 Megan B rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas-books
This is the kind of LDS Christmas miracle story that I can only fully enjoy if it's true. There is no indication that it's a true story, so it feels a little contrived.
Brenda
Sep 19, 2010 Brenda rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this beautifully illustrated Christmas story again this summer. It keeps the spirit of Christmas alive in my heart all year!
Teri
Oct 20, 2008 Teri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas, 2008
Loved it! Great story and illustrations.Good ideas for sharing the true meaning of Christmas in the back of the book.
Inspired Kathy
Feb 03, 2009 Inspired Kathy rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story about the wooden shoes. It would be fun to start this tradition!
Rosanne
Dec 23, 2008 Rosanne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
A wonderful story to add to a collection of Christmas books.
Marilyn
Oct 01, 2012 Marilyn rated it liked it
A Christ-centered Christmas activity for secret gift-giving.
Ann
Nov 19, 2009 Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, childrens
Great story and easy to read and teach to children!
Lori
Dec 26, 2008 Lori rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story. Beautiful illustrations.
Lori Campbell
Feb 08, 2011 Lori Campbell rated it it was amazing
Excellent!
Christi
Christi marked it as to-read
Feb 29, 2016
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Jacqui
Jacqui rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Katie Marie
Katie Marie rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
Dolly ♡
Dolly ♡ marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2014
Nat Rowley
Nat Rowley rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
Maren
Maren marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2013