Love Poems of Elizabeth and Robert Browning

Love Poems of Elizabeth and Robert Browning

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The marriage of the Brownings was by most standards an unlikely union of opposites. Yet, despite their differences, each one's poetry is a celebration of their unbroken devotion, compatibility, and passion; and together their poems reflect the union of two great souls.
Published December 1st 1994 by Dorset Press (first published 1994)

The Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeThe Poetry of Robert Frost by Robert FrostThe Complete Poems by Emily DickinsonThe Collected Poems by W.B. YeatsThe Complete Poems by John Keats
Best Poets
17th out of 226 books — 243 voters
The Complete Poems by Emily DickinsonLeaves of Grass by Walt WhitmanThe Waste Land and Other Poems by T.S. EliotShakespeare's Sonnets by William ShakespeareAriel by Sylvia Plath
Best Poetry Books
232nd out of 1,308 books — 1,468 voters

More lists with this book...

uh8myzen
Forget all of the mindless and empty Hollywood romances of our day which are more about publicity than true effection. The Brownings shared a truely passionate and loving relationship which was echoed in the poetry and letters they wrote to one another.

For anyone who wants real passion and romance, this is the real thing. For anyone looking for deep and meaningful verse, this is also the real thing. This collection contains timeless love shared and explored through the verse of two of the great...more
I really enjoyed the poems of Mr. and Mrs. Browning. I didn't know much about their life before reading this book. These poems are beautiful and personal and powerfully emotional. This was a surprise to me too considering the era they were written in.
Keri Daskam
I know my reading didn't do justice to this book. Still, I learned more about the Brownings, increased my poetry intake, and realized I prefer Robert to Elizabeth. 'Love in a Life', 'Summum Bonum', and 'A Lovers' Quarrel' were my favorites.

Rima
The Last Duchess is one of the most spectacular poems I ever read! Robert Browning, simply a genius. After reading about the love story between him & Elizabeth, I had to read this book, very touching & tender.
Colleen
The cutest couple in history. Also, I kind of want to go back in time and steal her dog, but Flush would probably bite me for separating him from his owner.
Ronald
it made me grow up with time and taught me how to love
Kristin
A very nice collection of Love Poems.
Ronald Cruise
fantastic . . .
Resader
shhhh
Reem Abdel-aziz
Reem Abdel-aziz marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Annie
Annie marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Nicole Unger
Nicole Unger marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Malia
Malia marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Kit
Kit marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Cassandra Shepherd
Cassandra Shepherd marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Dian Natalia
Dian Natalia marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Alane
Alane marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Ana Rînceanu
Ana Rînceanu marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Yasir Mahmood
Yasir Mahmood marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
  • The Lost Daughter of Happiness: A Novel
  • Rescue Me
  • Selected Poems (Dover Thrift Editions)
  • Selected Poems
  • Complete Poems: Charles Baudelaire
  • American Knees
  • The Chinese in America: A Narrative History
  • Death and Fame: Last Poems, 1993-1997
  • The Body in the Bookcase (Faith Fairchild, #9)
  • Fox Girl
Elizabeth Barrett Browning was one of the most respected poets of the Victorian era.
More about Elizabeth Barrett Browning...
Sonnets from the Portuguese Aurora Leigh The Complete Poetical Works Aurora Leigh and Other Poems How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count The Ways. Love Poems Of Elizabeth Barrett Browning