Start by marking “The Little School Bus” as Want to Read:
The Little School Bus

The Little School Bus

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Here comes the school bus, beep, beep, beep! Step right up and take a seat with a sleepy sheep, a squirmy worm, a hairy bear, a quick, quick chick, a fox with socks, a pig in a wig, and a goat in his coat, and ride the bus to school, to school, and ride the bus to school! The bouncy, rhyming text and the bright, witty pictures make "The Little School Bus a ride that childr ...more
Published June 1st 2004 by NorthSouth (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Little School Bus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Little School Bus

Jade Detzer
This book had a lot of good use of rhyming words, rhyming the animal with what it was wearing (goat in a coat) and so on. The story kept a good flow and had repetiton...this would allow students to know what was going to be said next. I've seen kids even read along with the teacher out loud due to knowing the repetition.
Lauren White
Good for grades prek-1
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Rhyming words, repetition, addition and a beat keep this book moving right along! The bus driver follows his route and picks up the little learners for school. Each animal is distinct with a rhyme: a goat in a coat, a pig in a wig, etc. The animals can also be counted as they hop onto the bus. This book would also make a great flannel story.

Theme: Back to School
Additional themes: books with a beat, transportation, rhyming

Reviewed from a library copy.
Kayla Whitlock
Cute book. Repetitive but great for children to read along with you. I was able to point at the animals while reading yo my niece.
Mandy
(4.5 stars)

A catchy cumulative story about a group of animals riding the bus to school.

I wish I knew what tune this book would go best with, perhaps "The Wheels on the Bus?"
Jennesy
THis book is really cute for pre k, definitely for kindergarten. It helps with counting and memorizing. Also a great book for rhyming words and descriptive adjectives.
Taylor Johnson
This is a great book for the young readers becuase it is a fun story wiht animals and rhyming words. It has lots of repitition and colorful illustrations.
Rebecca Dean
I really liked this book! It was so cute in th words and illustrations. I would use this to discuss rhyming words and to practice counting.
Amy
a kind of cute story. it rhymes and has some very repetative parts to it.
Amity
Feb 01, 2010 Amity rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
This book is really fun to read out loud. Josie and I are fans.
Angela
eh. kind of boring.
Pulgita Kids
Pulgita Kids marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Meilibg
Meilibg marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Kathy Vieira
Kathy Vieira marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Laura added it
Sep 23, 2014
Line Price
Line Price marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Bijal Salvi
Bijal Salvi marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Cordelia
Cordelia marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Paula Barajas
Paula Barajas marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business Who Will Tuck Me In Tonight? Where's My Mommy? Will You Still Love Me? Little Bunny's Sleepless Night