Start by marking “Pandora Gets Lazy (Mythic Misadventures #3)” as Want to Read:
Pandora Gets Lazy (Mythic Misadventures #3)

Pandora Gets Lazy (Mythic Misadventures #3)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,026 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
It's time to track down the next evil, Lazinessand you won't believe where Pandora finds it!

Pandora's search for Laziness is not going well: Hera's kidnapped her beloved dog, Dido, and Pandy got separated from the rest of her friends and is totally alone in the middle of nowhere. But with the fate of the world still in her hands (which is so not fair), Pandy can't afford
Published April 14th 2009 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Gets Lazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Gets Lazy

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by JodiG. for TeensReadToo.com

Pandora Atheneus Andromaeche Helena, "Pandy" to her friends and family, has already saved the world from Vanity and Jealousy. The fact that she let them loose on the world in the first place is really just a tiny detail.

Pandy is the only daughter of the Titan, Prometheus, and she is in trouble with Zeus. Due to an unfortunate incident at school, all the evils of the world have been released from a box that was entrusted to her father. Zeus has ordered that
Cathy
Another terrific book in the series. The girls are maturing, and so is the story. Pandy had a lot of weight on her shoulders (punny, but I can't tell you why) and is stepping up bravely. She gets separated from the other kids, and her beloved dog Dido, but manages to go on with her quest through some very difficult circumstances. The other kids manage to find adventures on their own before they are all reunited to tackle capturing Lazy. This was a smart, fun adventure for late juvenile and early ...more
Dolly
Dec 15, 2014 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: middle grade readers
This is the third book in the Mythic Misadventures series by Carolyn Hennesy, featuring an adolescent named Pandy and her friends and family.

In this third story of the saga, Pandy ventures to meet her uncle Atlas, but also discovers a sense of responsibility and a fondness for caring for younger children who need her help. The story is quite dramatic and even violent, but ends well.

The narrative is filled with tween dialogue that I'm sure many girls of this age will empathize with, but actuall
Kayla
Jul 08, 2009 Kayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pandora
I liked this book better than the second one. It starts off right where #2 left off. Where as Pandora Gets Vain started kind of slow.

I also like how the author, Carolyn Hennesy, alternates back and forth to what is happening with Pandora's friends and other stuff.
Ana Perkins
Feb 01, 2014 Ana Perkins rated it really liked it
This book might be the first time they really went dark in this series which is not saying much sense it is only book three but I love it either way. The characters are not only well developed but the side characters are even better I think. Atlas is adorable and the brothers are good representation of younger children. I think this book is very eerie compared to the other two by a long shot just by how sad and dark it gets throughout the book but it has niece humour I think that can keep it at ...more
Mimi
Jul 24, 2010 Mimi rated it liked it
If this were Wordmasters, Pandora Gets Lazy would be to a glass of lemonade, as a classic is to a glass of water (not that classics are bland or anything). It was relaxing, sweet, spunky, humorous, and light. In a way, you can compare this series to Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series. It's sarcastic, and uses modern teenage slang, which gives the plotline a very relaxed mood, despite the action that goes on within the pages of the book. Some of the things that go on are absolutely ridiculous, w ...more
Hannah
May 30, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it
I would say this book probably has more thrill than the rest of the series (So far), and it's still a good book. I had fun reading it, and I loved talking about it with my friend. I like it a lot, and it has more suspense than I originally expected, seeing as though it's about Pandora catching Laziness. I would definitely read it if you've read the rest of the series.
Brandy
Jun 01, 2009 Brandy rated it did not like it
This is a difficult story to follow without the context of the previous books. The first mention of Laziness--the evil Pandora is tracking down--happens two-thirds of the way through the book, and there are no references in this story to how Pandy and her friends know where they're heading. (Readers can infer that this information was included at the end of the previous book, as the final chapter of this book shows them looking at a map that tells them where to find the next evil.) There are occ ...more
Grace
Aug 01, 2014 Grace rated it really liked it
This book keeps readers on their toes it has things no one would expect and it has things that people have been dying to see happen. If people are not sure they want to continue this series my answer to them would be DEFINITELY finish the series!
Debbie
May 24, 2016 Debbie rated it liked it
Mythic Misadventures, book three.

Pandy and her friends set out to visit her Uncle Atlas, where they intend to capture Laziness. Unfortunately, Pandy finds herself alone, while her friends find trouble of their own. Will the friends succeed in reuniting and recapture Laziness before the heavens collapse?
Soo Jo
Mar 05, 2014 Soo Jo rated it really liked it
Funny, and kept me reading till the end but could explain better what had occurred in the previous books.
Jaeda Coleman
As Pandora tried searching for the seven evils, she discovers a trait about herself. Laziness! She finds herself away from all her friends and family because she never wants to do anything. She has to find it within herself to do what she has to do. This is a great book to read to children. It teaches them to do what is needed to be done at an early age. It prevents them from being lazy and thinking it is okay. I would recommend this book to others whom have children who is just starting to beco ...more
Katie Herring
Jul 15, 2015 Katie Herring rated it really liked it
Okay-- I know I'm about seven years older than the recommended age, but I'm getting a hoot out of these.

Why are people getting upset about the mythology? It's mythology ~~~ It can get interpreted anyway the author wants to??
Yu Xuan
Feb 06, 2015 Yu Xuan rated it it was ok
Nothing special about this book. The plot and characters are very basic. There's not anything horrible about this book but there was nothing amazing either.
TheJennFind
Aug 29, 2014 TheJennFind rated it really liked it
:0 so good

and nose hair XD
Dayna Smith
The third book in the Pandora series. Pandy and her friends become separated as they begin their search for laziness. Pandy must travel to the mountain where her Uncle Atlas lives alone and hope that by herself she can return laziness to the box. Will she ever find her friends or is she doomed to continue the quest on her own? If you are enjoying this series you will like this installment as well. A cute way to get girls interested in Greek mythology.
Terri Pray
Jun 24, 2012 Terri Pray rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
Third in the series of Pandora stories. Very much aimed at tween and early teen girls, but a fast, fun read. Pandora, by this point, has matured a little bit, thinking before she acts some of the time, which is why I do think this series has potential for tween/early teen girls.

It's one I'll be recommending to my now 12 year old daughter, as I believe she'll enjoy them.
Diane ~Firefly~
Oct 31, 2010 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it liked it
I'm enjoying this series. Pandy and her friends are pretty cool and the people they meet on the quest are interesting. This books has Pandy separated from her friends for a majority of it, but she makes some new friends before they become slaves. She also gets to meet her uncle, Atlas this time around. Good, fun YA series for the younger audience.
Shelley
This is the last book in the series I read. I read this in 6th/7th grade a long time ago.

All the books in the series are fun, but I think this was my favorite. I stopped reading the series after this book because in 6th grade I already was reading harder books. It was a light, fun book to waste time on.

Kids in grade school will love this book!
Clarissa
Jan 06, 2013 Clarissa rated it really liked it
This one got pretty dark--for a juvenile read. But it was pretty gripping, as well. Pandy truly evolves in this series... realistically and in a manner you would hope for your own daughter. I'm really glad to be reading this with Harley.
Amber Daphne
Mar 30, 2012 Amber Daphne rated it it was amazing
I love this book the author Carolyn Hennesy is such a great story
writer she goes from working on daytime show general hospital into an
author I love it so much i got it at the library the book i will read
more and more
Dana
Sep 12, 2010 Dana rated it it was amazing
in this fantabulus book u meet atlas pandys uncle- the sky bearer. and she gets separated from her bffs! almost dies from falling out of apollos chariot touches the stars and gets lazyness!!!!
Melissa Steed
Aug 03, 2012 Melissa Steed rated it liked it
I love the realistic adventure and relationships that Pandora has with her friends and family as she seeks to right her wrong of letting the evil out into the world.
Caroline
May 31, 2010 Caroline rated it it was amazing
When i read this book, I couldn't stop. Deadly soldiers, a haunting black wall, and Pandy's lazy Uncle Atlas can't stop these three girls (and Homer).
April Duclos
Feb 08, 2016 April Duclos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another installment in this fun series. Loved reading about Atlas getting too lazy to hold up the heavens! :D
Samantha
Jun 11, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mythology fans, rick riordian fans, kids
This book had me laughing out loud at some parts. I'm definitely enjoying the easy reading as a break from the harder to read books.
Jillidan02
Omg this is an awesome book so far. Im reding it and im at the point where Pandy finds the two boys in those boulders.
Mollie!
May 21, 2009 Mollie! marked it as to-read
I met the author in April. She was in Leagally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde- THE best movie ever!
Tracee Waters
Mar 04, 2011 Tracee Waters rated it really liked it
Pandy just keeps getting better -- this series reminds me why I feel in love with reading as a young girl.
Lian
Feb 02, 2013 Lian rated it really liked it
So good with Atlas. I like that the author took one Greek Myth and mixed it with some of the other myths.
Any More Books? 3 10 Feb 20, 2012 05:13AM
  • Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls, #3)
  • Iris, Messenger
  • Spirits in the Park (Gods of Manhattan, #2)
  • Lost in the Labyrinth
  • The Secret Cellar (The Red Blazer Girls, #4)
  • Pathfinder (Major Ariane Kedros, #3)
  • Spellcrash (Webmage, #5)
  • The Fire Thief (Fire Thief Trilogy, #1)
  • Poseidon: Earth Shaker (Olympians, #5)
  • Favorite Norse Myths
  • The Pillow Book of Lotus Lowenstein
  • The Mystery of the Third Lucretia (Kari + Lucas Mysteries, #1)
  • Prophecy of the Most Beautiful (Oracle of Delphi, #1)
  • Pantheons (Pantheons, #1)
Carolyn Hennesy, a Los Angeles native, has been in over 100 theatrical productions spanning the LA., regional and international theatre scenes. Having trained at American Conservatory Theatre and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London as well as earning a dramatic scholarship to the California State University at Northridge, she has played such distinguished houses as the Mark Taper Forum, Ariz ...more
More about Carolyn Hennesy...

Mythic Misadventures (7 books)
  • Pandora Gets Jealous (Mythic Misadventures #1)
  • Pandora Gets Vain (Mythic Misadventures #2)
  • Pandora Gets Heart (Mythic Misadventures #4)
  • Pandora Gets Angry (Mythic Misadventures #5)
  • Pandora Gets Greedy (Mythic Misadventures #6)
  • Pandora Gets Frightened (Mythic Misadventures #7)