Start by marking “More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math” as Want to Read:
More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math

More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Millions of children learned to count with The "M&M's"(r) Brand Chocolate Candies Counting Book, and now there's another fun-filled book that takes math skills to the next level. Topics covered include estimation, simple graphing, factoring, multiplication, problem solving, division, and simple fractions. The instructive text and colorful illustrations will appeal to y ...more
Published September 1st 1998 by Charlesbridge Publishing (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math

Cassandra
This book would be great to use with a class. It uses M&M's to help children learn math. The book covers graphing, adding and subtracting, dividing and multiplying, and ordinal numbers. The book briefly takes students through the steps for each topic. I also liked this book because it is all done in rhyme. At the end of the book, there is a small review section as well.

I would use this book by having the class do exactly what the book says. Instead of using the numbers in the book, I would
Kirsten Blau
Who wouldn't love this book? When reading about math and chocolate in the same book math becomes ten times more appealing. I remember whenever chocolate was involved in math class I tended to pay more attention so I would be able to eat them afterwards. I think using M&M's as a tool to help students understand math can be fun and enjoyable.
Amber Lewis
I really enjoyed reading this book and seeing how it took a math lesson on graphing. It uses the four basic math operations, and made it fun for children to learn. The book has an interesting element of being written in rhyme, so not only is there a fun activity incorporated in the story, but it is also fun for children to listen to. I think this book is great to use with children because it allows them to do something hands on, instead of doing something out of a math book or listening to the t ...more
Quynh Le
This book uses something that most students are familiar with, M&Ms, to talk about multiplications, divisions, grouping, and even the idea of graphing. In class, students can participate in an interactive activity using real M&Ms. One idea could involve students dividing all the different M&Ms into the different colors, and as we go around the room, students have to decide how they can make it so that they'll have equal groups of blue M&Ms and red M&Ms, etc. Afterwards, stude ...more
Ashley P.
I really like how this book incorporates graphing. I think that it would be a great springboard read before a lesson on graphing. Students could use actual mandm's and graph their own data, data provided by teachers, or data from the book. I think it would be cool to make predictions regarding different classroom statistics, graph these (for exp, kids with blue, gree, and brown eyes, or siblings of students) and then compare predictions with the actual stats.
Alexis Levine
I love this book because it's great to use in class to help children understand math in a fun way! Children can count using multiplication, addition, subtraction, and even division using m&m's as a visual. I would use this book with 5-8 year olds depending on the math concept. I love, love, love this book because it's so easy to do a math lesson as you read this book because it basically tells you step-by-step what to do for the lesson.
Ashley Williams
This is a grat book to use in math in grades k-5. This book focus on all the differnt functions of math. It talks about addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, probability, etc. This book is very engaging. What student doesnt want to do math with m&ms.While doing different lesson, whether it be division, multiplication or math I would use m&ms as the manipulatves to grab the students attention and keep them engaged.
Mimi
More M&M's exposes children to a lot of different math concepts. It would be great to use for sorting, graphing, and creating patterns. It could also be good for students to use to gain 1 to 1 correspondence. The obvious activity would be to bring in M&M's and have students use them throughout the reading of the story. I would also use skittles for this in case any students were allergic to chocolate.
Neionie Pulido
Using a teacher lens to review this book I found some great ideas for math activites. I like them because they are fun hands on activites. They include texts to add divide subtract, multiply and graph m&ms. The book uses child friendly language and also it can include the ability to eat some right in the lesson. I would love to use this as a springboards for a math activity in my future classroom
Kalisha Mohammed
This is an excellent book that includes many math activities for estimating, sorting by color, graphing by color, addition, subtracting, factoring, multiplication, problem solving, and division. Depending on what I am teaching in my classroom, I would use the activities provided in the book for math centers and allow my students to eat the candy afterwards for a treat.
Evelyn
This is a great book to teach math in a fun and innovative way. Students will be able to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division by using candy such as M&Ms. This book can be used for students in 1-5 grade. The book can help teachers come up with many math lessons using M&Ms as a manipulative to learn math.

Madison Bopp
This book can be used for all elementary levels for skills such as shapes, counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, estimation, and measuring. For my class, I would read this story and have students graph different colors of m&m's that were talked about in the story to see what colors are talked about the most.

Sarwat
This is a fun book for any elementary grade class. In this book, it uses M & M's as a manipulative. This book could be used to teach counting, sorting, graphing, adding, subtracting, and estimation. However, since it teaches so many concepts, it could be a little overwhelming for students and might cause confusion.
Samantha
This book was very nice. It helps kids learn by letting them use M&M's as manipulatives. I used to love manipulatives when I was in school, so I thought this book would be fun. It really was. I pulled out a bag of M&M's, sat down, and I got to work. This book gives a great satisfaction in the end. =)
Alyce Dougan
This book would be absolutely wonderful for a math lesson. This book teaches children how to multiply, add, subtract, divide,make a graphs, and about ordinal numbering. The best part of reading/practicing with this book is using the m&m's as manipulatives. I would recommend this to elementary teachers.
Chanae Wills
This book is about different ways to graph, sort, divide, multiply, and use various other math skills with M&M’s. I would use this book to teach my students about sorting, multiplying, graphing, dividing, and estimating. I would also use M&M’s to do different activities using these important math skills.
Jessica Chambliss
This book is awesome! What child doesn't like relating m&m's and math all in one! This book help children with addition, subtraction, multiplication and even the beginning steps to division! Many different problems and situations all to help children learn math through many different activities!
Shara Eddy
The book should most likely be used as a review as it has activities students can interact with for addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and estimation. The book seemed very broad which could be confusing. Also, the m&m's would be engaging but the colors could be confusing as well.
Tiffany
This book could be used for any elementary student. It uses M & M's as a manipulative and encourages counting, sorting, graphing, adding subtracting, etc. I really like the use of an item that everyone knows and the book has nice pictures to demonstrate the concepts it's teaching.
Patricia
Joey Fong
This is a great teaching tool for Math lessons that involves addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, ordinal numbers and graphing. The M&M's characters explains the procedures of these math concept using rhyming format that is more approachable to young learners.
Britt D.
This was a fun book. I can use this book in teaching about graphs and estimation. I would also try to bring in m&m's to go with the book. I believe students will enjoy the lesson because it will incorporate candy and learning. Just reading the book made me want some m&m's.
Wendy
This would be a great book to use in any number of math lessons...addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, graphing...the list goes on. This would be a super engaging lesson because the manipulative would be M&M's, something most students love.
Audrey
This book can be used to teach multiple grades different math topics, including graphing, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and ordinal numbers. The added fun of using M&M's as your manipulative is just icing on the cake for your students!
Sandra Vicars
Who doesn't like M&M's candies! This text can be used with a bag of M&Ms, paper and pencil to learn about graphing, multiplication, addition, subtraction and division. It can also be used to learn colors and even just enjoying a few morsels.
Randi Erickson
I loved how this book introduced real-bar graphs (actually using the M&M to place inside each grid), and think it could be used for 2-5 to introduce bar graphs. This is an easy was to introduce making comparisons using a bar graph.
Katie O'toole
This book has a specific exercise on each page for a student to do. I would copy the pages for each student, or a pair of students, and have the students do the activity (make a line graph of each color in their m&m bag.
Enasia Lee
This book is about using m&ms to graph, multiply, and divide. Students can actually use hands on material and food to do the activity. They will be able to physically see the problem and understand this conceptually.
Jazmyne Henry
This book is a great way to show students the basic concept of graphing, sorting, and manipulating objects. It can also be used to show the collection of data and how important it is to make sure your data is correct.
Frank
Frank and I started doing M&M math before I knew such a book existed. There were a couple of new ideas in this book that we hadn't already done. M&M math is a great way to trick kids into doing math.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Counting Book The Little Red Elf The Little Green Witch Teddy Bear Counting The Little Gray Bunny