Start by marking “Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)” as Want to Read:
Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)

Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps #6)

3.49  ·  Rating Details ·  7,345 Ratings  ·  240 Reviews
El día de su cumpleaños, Max encuentra en el ático de su casa una especie de espejo mágico. Éste puede convertirlo en invisible. A partir de ese momento Max y sus amigos empiezan a practicar el juego del escondite. Pero Max se da cuenta de que está perdiendo el control. Cuanto más tiempo permanece invisible, más difícil le resulta volver atrás. Hacerse invisible llega a se ...more
Hardcover, Large Print
Published July 1st 2001 by Gareth Stevens Publishing (first published March 1993)

Hannah Greendale
Nov 23, 2016 Hannah Greendale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, horror
Max discovers a magic mirror that can make him invisible, but the longer he stays invisible, the harder it is to come back. When his friends propose a contest to see who can stay invisible the longest, Max runs the risk of being invisible - forever.

You can understand why I said it was all [my dog's] fault, right? If that dumb dog hadn't started sniffing and scratching there, we might never have found the hidden attic room.
And we never would have discovered the exciting - and frightening - secr
Carmen
Jun 17, 2014 Carmen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kids; Parents
This is an excellent book by R.L. Stine.

It's Max's birthday. It's raining, so his plans of playing volleyball and having a BBQ are shattered. What can he and his friends (and his annoying 10-year-old brother) do to have fun and keep busy? They decide to explore the attic. They have fun looking at the old magazines, old clothes, and ... a secret hidden door? They find a small, secret chamber with a big, full-length mirror. The mirror has a light over it, and when you turn on the light, you turn i
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Από τα πλέον αγαπημένα μου βιβλία της σειράς αυτής, αφού με πολλή τέχνη και μαεστρία παίζει με το υποσυνείδητό μας, αλλά και με τους μεγαλύτερους εσωτερικούς μας φόβους. Μια ιστορία που πίσω από την spooky, τρομακτική της εικόνα, κρύβει κι ένα μεγάλο μήνυμα. Πως καμιά φορά, τα παιχνίδια, ίσως να μην είναι τόσο αθώα όσο νομίζουμε, και πως μπορούν να μας οδηγήσουν σε ακραίες κι επικίνδυνες καταστάσεις και σε αδιέξοδα χωρίς επιστροφή.
Atharva
This book was a lot better than hat you'd expect from the Goosebumps series. Always, I notice that R.L Stine finds children and horror/thriller find each other in each of his book. Well, the plot focuses on 5 children, one of them extremely annoying and the others playful and sometimes worrying. Its not that much greater because most of it is vanishing and coming back. About 70 pages are wasted in this foolish act. And when someone goes invisible they try to scare the characters about it, and th ...more
Darcy McLaughlin
If you get excited about kids playing with antique furniture, boy do I have a book for you. Let's Get Invisible stars Max, a 12 year old who is obsessed with his hair. In classic GB fashion he's pretty grating, and also happens to have a little dickhead of a brother named Lefty. That's not his real name but I cared so little about this book that I quickly forgot it. He's called Lefty because (wait for it) he's left handed. Keep this in mind, as it plays into the super spooky ending of this bone ...more
David Santos
Aug 12, 2011 David Santos rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
In case you are wondering how I read the first 5 Goosebumps books in one week yet took 2 weeks to read this one...well I wasn't interested. I did not judge the book by its cover, I judged it by its title! It just didn't interest me, but once I opened it I got through it rather quickly.

I forgot that Goosebumps are horror books. Going invisible isn't really at all interesting to read, but add a "horror" story to it and it gets interesting.

I did not like the ending however, it made it seem like th
Kathlyn Datu
Ugh, stupid children.

Why were the characters all stupid? I thought April was the reasonable one, and yet she succumbed to her friends' pressure on her and eventually agreed to try out the mirror. Doesn't she have conviction? When I was her age, when I say I don't like to do something, I really won't do it. And the main character, Max, oh my God. Why is he even friends with his friends? It's like his fucking house and he can't even control his friends and impose his rules on them. This book could
Huda
Feb 02, 2010 Huda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Huda by: Safa'a
Knowing that I like reading Y.A. books, a friend of mine recommended this one

Max was planning to enjoy his birthday with his friends. But it was a rainy day and they had to stay home.
Neither Max nor his parents knew there was a secret room in their dusty attic. And of course they didn't know about the secret mirror in there!!

The story is really simple and can be told in 60 pages instead of the whole 160!!
Many pages were wasted on getting visible and invisible and so on

It was ok
itchy
Sep 27, 2016 itchy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
it got pretty interesting in the end
Katy
Some background—I have fond memories of the Goosebump books, and some memories of the original TV show. I decided to reread these old classics and see if they still held up for a modern-day adult horror enthusiast. Since I don’t expect any kids who might be reading these books for the first time to find this, all reviews will contain spoilers.

I don’t remember reading this book when I was a kid, but I felt like I knew the story already. Maybe it was on the TV show? Either way, I enjoyed this one.
Emma
Jan 31, 2013 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is more of an overall review of the series, really. When I was a kid, I used to devour these books, but sadly I'd recently somehow managed to forget all about them. I was reminded, however, when I rediscovered this awesome blog: http://www.bloggerbeware.com. These books are a mixture of varying degrees of terrible and amazing - at the same time. I honestly find it really hard to rate them, seeing as they're such a major part of my reading foundation. 11 year-old me would probably have given ...more
Redfox5
Dec 07, 2014 Redfox5 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror, fiction, children, usa
Reader beware you're in for a scare!

I'm gonna read like it's 1994! I was 6 when I first started these books, borrowed 'Night Of The Living Dummy' from one of my friends and I was hooked from there. I read them all through the 90's and loved them. I only stopped when the 'Goosebumps 2000' series came out but I'm not sure if that's because they were rubbish or I was just getting older and had started to lose interest.

I don't think I read this the first time round, nothing about seems familial. Th
Sofia A.
Apr 01, 2013 Sofia A. is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
In this book it is about a regular boy doing his everyday things. He has a birthday party and invites all of his friends. He has a very mean little brother. I can relate because I too have a little mean sister. Well he has a really fun party and they all decide to go upstairs but when they do something big and scarey jumps out at them. They all scream in terror. They all realize it was just the little brother. I can relate because one time I was walking up stairs and my little sister jumps out a ...more
Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan)
Disappearances can be deadly.

I've noticed that as the series goes on (so far) the spooky effects seem to be happening earlier in the books, which is nice; helps to make the books more interesting instead of a boringly paced lead in. But with this title it didn't really do much as the whiny and insufferably immature kiddos started to get on my nerves. They were just way more idiotic than necessary. So, this installment is quite skip-able, unfortunately, to say the least.

Hilary
Look over here!

It's "Peer Pressure Is Terrible: The Book."

When Max and his obnoxious brother Lefty discover a light/mirror combination that can render someone invisible, it seems like a fun thing to play around with. It's cool being invisible, after all. You can prank friends and siblings, and generally have fun "goofing." Glee is soon replaced with unease when Max discovers that the longer you stay invisible, the stranger you feel. The mirror seems to pull you in, and you begin to lose your sen
Luffy
Apr 01, 2013 Luffy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-star, children
Why do I bother? These Goosebumps books have shoveled every idea into neat little terrible books. Someone should have realized that soul swapping through a magic mirror needed a master hand at the helm, someone who can spin a peculiar and quirky story from the basic idea. This tale of a magic mirror that renders people invisible but has a catch, is done to the death. Nobody expects Goosebumps to be really scary. Just strange and suspenseful will do. There's not even the little details that add ...more
Hanadi Khoury
Oct 25, 2010 Hanadi Khoury rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was really scary but in a mysterious way that gave me goose bumps. I liked the ending and I liked the twists and the turns.I first thought that the idea of a mirror that makes you invisible might be a bit boring but it turned out to be really scary, to me, and really interesting and whenever you start reading it you will never ever want to let the book down and if you did you’re going to spend the whole night thinking about it and how the book will turn out to be when you are finished ...more
Lanie
Jul 27, 2016 Lanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A mirror that turns you invisible?! Sign me the fuck up! :) creepy mirrors are a perfect idea for a creepy story. I loved the main character to. He was one of the more rounded of the "goosebumps" protagonists.

I vividly remember the very ending of this book. :) how it made me wonder what was the truth... What had really happened... I always loved R.L. Stine's twist endings. Especially this one. "Let's get invisible" is definitely one of his best "goosebumps".

This series is probably part of the r
Glenn
Sep 10, 2013 Glenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

This is my least favourite book in the series so far. I felt it was a particularly lazy entry. It follows the story of Max, his friends, and his brother who discover a mysterious mirror in the attic that makes people invisible. This could've been, and should've been, a much more interesting story. Most of the plot involves them taking it in turns to get invisible, and that's pretty much it.
Maisey Clark
Dec 26, 2015 Maisey Clark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book because it was a book that has unique stuff in it.
It has a lot of magic in more than 3/4 of the book. I really liked it because not a lot of the Goosebumps books don't have magic in it as much as this book.
It was one of my favorite Goosebumps books I've read because it's so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so very very very very unique.
I think EVERYONE in the world should read this book because it's so good.
I love it SO much!
Princess Godoy
Let's get Invisible!

Upon reading the title you can already predict that this is about stupid decisions and desires that are better left off.

The only thing I like about this book that made me give this a 3 stars instead of 2 is even thou the main character is stupid for giving in peer pressure he's still pretty badass and I love badass people. The story is okay but there are more better.
Mary Guthrie
Since this is the first novel I've finished reading in Japanese, I think I enjoyed it way more than I would have enjoyed the original version. The parts that would have detracted from the book in English - essentially the repetitiveness - made it a really useful language learning tool. And maybe because I had to read it so closely and carefully, I found myself really invested in the story. Haha.

I bought five more Goosebumps books in Japanese. Let's keep going!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
A group of kids find a weird mirror in the attic and find when they pull the string of a lamp that they can themselves invisible. While it was an interesting book, it seemed kind of obvious near the end which character was who and who wasn't.
vampire (dipita) grul
they found a mirror.And when u look at it ur invisble.
ijul (yuliyono)
Stine selalu bisa membuat twist di akhir cerita...

"Aku tak akan pernah membiarkan bayanganku mengambil alih tubuhku...
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Well that kid is gone.

I swear the endings are what make these books so good.

Charity Humfleet
"Just an old mirror that someone stored up here long ago and forgot about." says, Max trying to convince himself that the mirror in his attic hadn't just made him turn invisible. Max and his friends find the mirror and immediately use it to play pranks on each other and even some unsuspecting neighbors. While they are having fun becoming invisible and then reappearing, Max starts to realize that it might not be safe for them to keep using the mirror. He tries to convince his friends to stop usi ...more
Texas State Poder
CRISTIAN KRIVIC. Well it was not his worst book but it was not very good.I didn't like it because it was mostly just talking. And it is not action or thriller its doesn't pull you in it could use more action.I would expect more scary stuff and action than this.I think R.L. STINE can do better than this.I honestly think he can improve this book.Also I think he should add a scene where one of the main characters goes invisible but cant come back instead of ...... WAIT a minute it may be a not so g ...more
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
  • The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11)