Start by marking “Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #4)” as Want to Read:
Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #4)

Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations #4)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Dreams don’t always come true. But sometimes nightmares do.

Book Four in the Bay City Paranormal Investigation series.

After nine months of tumult, Sam Raintree is ready for some peace and quiet. A beach vacation with his boss and lover, Dr. Bo Broussard, promises to provide the serenity and reconnection they both need. Bo’s business and his children command a good deal of h
ebook, 1st Edition, 204 pages
Published May 20th 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Closer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closer

Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Good story, pacing, plot. One of the better ones, probably the most consistent and well-written. I like the characters and I like how they interact. I like that some are uncomfortable by the things other characters are saying and doing even though they like each other. It isn't like some books where everyone just loves everyone else and is happy all the time. It was good that they added another woman character even if she's just a stereotypical caricature of a secretary.

I don't like where part o
Kati
Definitely better than the previous part of the series that simply simmered out without any climax at all. This book was suspenseful and creepy and very horror-like, though again, it felt like the big finale toward which the whole book was headed, didn't happen. I thought that there would be a bigger showdown with the gate. Also, after what happened, the cops didn't show up at all? That little detail kind of bothered me, maybe because mysteries are my second favorite genre :)
Jaime
My Review: As always, Ms. Blue has turned out a thoroughly entertaining novel about love, lust, and the pursuit of other-worldly beings. This time, she's delved right back into the angst I like so much. The kind where every action seems predestined, and yet I'd really like to take the main characters' heads and smack 'em together just to knock some sense into them. Just when you think they're about to cross that line into too foolish to be real, one of them goes and does something perfectly reas ...more
❧Gwen❤❦
Bo & Sam....Sigh....♥

I Love this series just gets better and better~
And..I love that' this series is still a great strong solid read, I adore Sam & Bo~
Elisa Rolle
It took me a long time to arrive to this novel since, as I told for the previous book, you really have to read them in order to fully grasp the evolution of Bo and Sam’s story. There is a slow, but direct change in focus, from the paranormal elements of the story towards the more romance novel. That is clear from the beginning of this book, when we find Bo and Sam’s sharing a vacation together as a couple, far from their careers as paranormal investigator and far from Bo’s family obligations. Th ...more
Charly
Not the best in the series, but I’m already hooked at this point

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

Rating: 7/10

PROS:
- This volume has some really sweet sex scenes. There’s more sex in this book than in the previous volumes because Sam and Bo are on “vacation” (at the beginning, anyway), so they don’t have much else to do besides entertain each other in bed. One sex scene, though, is…NOT sweet. That issue’s dealt with, though, so overall, things work out.
- I’v
Raji
This is the book which has most of the conflict and the most of the asshole-ish behavior by Bo. But it was -oh-so-good! I always wondered why there wasn't any repercussions of the creature's bite on Bo. But the author solved that problem too. The story line was much more realistic regarding the developing relationship. There are no more rose tinted glasses and there are enough conflicts and complaints to make me smile and think that "this is how the real life relationships are". I have to say th ...more
blub

My least favorite book so far of the whole series. I really started hating on the MC's a bit in this one because there was so much drama going on between Bo and Sam between the sickly sweet moments. I kind of had moments of immense dislike for Bo because I felt he was being a selfish jerk. On the supernatural front it was intriguing to learn about what was going on with Bo and what consequences his previous injuries caused. But overall I couldn't ignore the conflicts between Bo and Sam,
Nichole (Dirty H)

I have kind of a love-hate relationship with this series. Well, okay, more like "like-don't like as much."
I'm a huge Ally Blue fan. I love her writing and I love her characters, and that's still true with this series. I love Sam and Dean and Bo is starting to grow on me... and her writing is great.
But the actual paranormal aspect of this series does nothing for me. I don't really know why, it just bores me. So I read this series for the characters, but I sometimes have a hard time gett
Tara
Oh how I missed the days when I could just sit and read a book from start to finish, but I just did and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. This book, the 4th in the series finally found the way to weave the investigation and the main character's personal relationship together in a nice balance. And for a change the main paranormal mystery feels resolved with something left to build on and what seems like a nice set up for the next book. An all around good story.
Sath
Difficult to give it a good rating, because the series is beginning to irritate me now. Very predictable. You know theres going to be an interdimensional portal, because thats what the last 3 books were about. I know theres going to be a portal, it's not scary or exciting. And Bo is all 'what are you talking about,theres nothing suspicious'. bah. shove a sock in his mouth and bend him over. The sex redeems the book.
J.J. Levesque
This book was definitely more intense than the last one. Again, the reader gets to see Sam and Bo's relationship progress even more, and a lot of things seem to happen to them again. Particularly Bo. He certainly gets the worst of it most of the time. But it kept me on my toes. I liked Dean's part as well, and I was glad he did get to have fun.
Timm Harwick
If you like homo-erotic male fiction with a little supernatural twist thrown in, the BCPI series is great. Some really graphic scenes in both supernatural events & male-on-male encounters. I'd have preferred more events & fewer encounters ... but that's just me.
Celine
duh...i skipped the third one hoping things would have improved for Sam & Bo but oh no au contraire my friend.

Sam is just being a whiny b*tch and lost all sense of self respect. Bo is better but still..... can't be bothered any more. so long for the BCPI
Eyre
This fourth installment was just as intriguing as the first three. I'm still enjoying the evolution of Sam and Bo's relationship, but I keep wondering if Blue has something planned for the other characters. Dean and Andre definitely need their own stories.
Shaz
I'm really enjoying this series. Unlike so many others, not everything is sunshine and roses. Partner's faults are clearly pointed out and solutions are found to problems that occur in the relationship.
Sherry
I like this series. But it's really frustrating that after four books they still haven't learned to talk about the stuff that obviously is going to get them into trouble - workwise or relationshipwise
Kenna La Pointe

I continue to enjoy this series. It lives up to my expectations. There has been continual new developments in our main characters and the plot line is very interesting. Looking forward to more.
Shannon
I waited a long time to borrow this book. I still not feeling love Bo. Sam may have been a little naggy about things but I still feel like Bo is gonna do what works for Bo.
Chris
Good paranormal m/m romance which finds Sam and Bo on vacation as Bo becomes increasingly erratic and obsessed with the nearby fort the rest of the BCPI crew is investigating.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
I really like this series and our protagonists-Bo and Sam. Ms. Blue keeps a healthy balance between the romance and the main plot with plenty of hot smexy time in between.
Brenda (b)
A new side of Bo emerges. But is it truly him? Sam must rely again on his psychic abilities. In the side story, Dean seems to be moving ahead with his personal life.
Erotic Horizon
Closer (Bay City Paranormal Investigations) by Ally Blue (no date)
Maah Redondo
Maah Redondo marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Silverithil
Silverithil marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • Laying a Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #1)
  • Thaw (PsyCop, #1.1)
  • Deadly Slumber (Deadly Mystery, #4)
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
  • With Caution (With or Without, #2)
  • Hell Cop
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts #9)
  • Rhapsody for Piano and Ghost
  • The Cost of Eternity (Eternity, #1)
  • L.A. Boneyard (L.A., #3)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Cambridge Fellows, #6)
  • Deceptions (Soul Mates, #2)
Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big suggestively-shaped hat and rides in a bullet-proof Plexiglas bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and inspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her ...more
More about Ally Blue...
Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1) The Happy Onion Adder Untamed Heart Easy