Start by marking “Forgotten Song” as Want to Read:
Forgotten Song

Forgotten Song

You don’t expect the love of your life to literally fall at your feet. Ben Carson sure as hell didn’t. But when a mysterious stranger passes out cold at Ben’s feet after a street fight, Ben knows right away that this could be something special, that this man isn’t like anyone else he’s ever known.

Eric Green intrigues Ben from the first. The heat between them is fierce and
Published July 26th 2005 by Loose ID (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Forgotten Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgotten Song

Daisiemae
I forgot how much I liked Ally Blue’s writing until I read Forgotten Song. I admit that Forgotten Song isn’t my favorite book written by her, but I still really enjoyed it.

If Forgotten Song hadn’t been written in first person, I bet I would have loved it! As much as I enjoyed reading Ben’s point of view; I would have loved reading what was going on in Eric’s mind throughout the book, too!

After all, it was Eric who had been through so much, and was the firecracker between the two. His emotional
Stacey Jo
I really liked this story. I thought it was a little over the top where Eric was concerned, but it served the story. I felt terrible for Eric, you had to wonder how much more bad stuff one person could stand to take.

The story starts with Ben saving Eric after he's been in a bad fight. Eric is very weary of Ben and his goodwill but reluctantly goes with him. So starts their friendship. They are both attracted to each other but Eric has a lot of trust issues, for reasons that unfold. Ben is a mus
JenMcJ
Ally Blue usualy does a great job of character building and giving each of the heroes just enough baggage to make them interesting. In this endeavor she goes waaaaay overboard with the baggage for Eric. Every time he opened up about his past something horrific poured out. The link between all the baddies was also silly and contrived. There was no reason for the warden to use the prisoner.

Not my favorite Ally Blue offering.
J'aime
Aug 03, 2011 J'aime rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, m-m
Ally Blue has a gift for writing gay romances that revolve around healing. “Easy,” “Untamed Hearts,” and “Willow Bend” all had characters going through very difficult times who are hesitant to start relationships again. But, love wins out eventually! Forgotten Song is another successful novel in this vein.

This novel has a darker undercurrent than previous works. Eric Green has had a horrible life. So horrible in fact, that if I didn’t watch so many true crime shows I would’ve found it hard to be
Xandra
Apr 14, 2013 Xandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abuse, contemporary
Ben is a cute little thing with a messiah complex (in my language it’s also called a “mother of the wounded” complex which I somehow find more fitting for Ben). So of course he brings a random hot stranger involved in a street fight home with him to tend to his wounds. Things feel a little rushed, the author half-heartedly suggests that it’s instalust and not instalove, but she doesn’t fool anyone (not even herself).

It doesn’t take long for the story to become sappy (oh, Ben, your sugary though
Trisha Harrington
Sep 26, 2012 Trisha Harrington rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a beautiful story and I loved it. The sweet nature of the characters and the love that blossomed between Eric and Ben was beautiful. I could not help but feel so sorry for Eric his life was tough and he still managed to survive somehow. Ben was a very supportive and loving boyfriend and what Eric needed. Those two were perfect for each other and it was painful when it looked like it might not happen.
The reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 was because of Jason. I just wished he h
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Jul 27, 2009 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, m-m
Perhaps some issues with plausibility, which is something I've noticed in quite a few of Ally Blue's stories, but for some reason I just don't care. I don't know why sometimes things like that drive me crazy and other times I can totally suspend my disbelief and just go for the ride. I think maybe it just has to do with the characters and their connection. I fall in love with Ally's characters, so I can forgive everything else. If what you're looking for in an m/m romance is characters that enga ...more
Julia
Mar 21, 2010 Julia rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I enjoyed this one because of the two main characters and their interaction, though some of the other elements of the story struck me as being unbelievable and overly dramatic. In the end, it was a good read that made me a little sniffly and still smile.
Cindi
Nov 11, 2011 Cindi rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, ally-blue
Straysod
This is definitely not the best Ally Blue book I've read. I particularly liked (ok, loved well past rationality) Untamed Hearts, so if this one interests you, you should definitely check that one out as well.

This is a decent story, but it just doesn't feel believable. Some people have a problem with the MC bringing a violent homeless person home with him with no hesitation. I didn't have so much trouble with that, just because Ben was obviously a really caring generous person. But everything ab
Candice
Aug 27, 2014 Candice rated it it was ok
*sigh*

I wanted to like this. I REALLY did. But, I didn't :( Why? Look in the spoiler.

(view spoiler)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I have about twenty reviews to write today so I'm just going to paste my notes here. Maybe I'll turn them into an actual review at some point.

Instalove.

He was walking fine and now he can't at all.

Need to suspend disbelief but once you do, it's so sweet.

Lots of peril. And angst. My faves.

(medium spoiler) (view spoiler)

I like that he was fine with taking meds in the hospital. I get so sick of heroes refusing medication like that makes them b
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
Ben is a kind man who finds Eric fighting a much larger man outside a bar. Feeling sorry for the obviously homeless man, Ben takes him home and tries to help him. It's obvious that Eric has secrets. The two have to overcome Eric's past and a current threat in order to be together.

This is really a 3.5 read. Ben's a great character. I felt deep sympathy for Eric. If anything bad can happen to a person, it's happened to Eric. The conflict was emotional and interesting. I usually don't mind first pe
Ashley E
Dec 31, 2015 Ashley E rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, m-m, romance, y-01
First starting this book, I wasn't sure how well I would like it. Ben and Eric's romance was intense and quick, and it felt a bit too much like insta-love to me. But I adore a good hurt/comfort story, and Eric had plenty of issues to work through. Even though the lust and romance came on quickly, the trust was slower to grow between them. I really liked Ben's slow but steady efforts to break through all the walls that Eric had erected between them. I couldn't help but admire his dedication and l ...more
Byron
Jun 04, 2012 Byron rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, romance
Great read!!

Fleshed out characters with the two leads being quite interesting. Side characters don't interact enough, but that is just me and my whining.. there is interaction with side characters and it can be quite intense just thought a little more interaction would be good.

Story - a great story that has little in the way of plot holes. Runs quite a good path - and on that note I say nothing more!! (Hey you don't want me to spoil the surprises do you?)

Heather
Nov 30, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, m-m, ibooks
This is my first book by Allie Blue. I really enjoyed it and will be looking into more of her titles in the near future.

This was pretty close to a 5 star read for me. It would of been if it wasn't just in Ben's 1st person POV.
I really think if Eric's POV was part of the story it would of taken the depth of his growth to a whole new level.
His character is well written in a way you totally get he was damaged, but nothing is more powerful than a 1st POV from a character that grows.
starsaga
1.5 stars, Not for me, very badly written story,
I enjoyed reading about Ben more, but then who wouldn't he was a paragon of virtue but completely one dimensional. Eric on the other hand was more interesting but would never say what was wrong with him. The writing in this book was not polished, very flat and monotonous, I did not care for this book at all, I would not recommend this.
Snowtulip
Sep 27, 2011 Snowtulip rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, muscian
2.5

Hhhmm, this just didn't work for me. The story never became cohesive or well paced for me to really get into the story. I also felt that the characters were a bit flat and never really made me feel that I wanted to be involved in their lives. I enjoy other Ally Blue books, this one just didn't capture my interest.
Anna
I like Ally Blue, the books are light and easy eventhough there are some terrible things it them. her characters are always a little to fast to declaire love for my taste but apart from that I really do like her way of wrighting.
Michelle
Oct 23, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book. Eric is a mess of a character which is always fun for me. I thought Ben was a little too perfect but the whole thing worked for me. I loved their relationship and being an Ally Blue book, yes there was plenty of angst! Totally enjoyed!
Brenda Maldonado
Nov 28, 2010 Brenda Maldonado rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all m/m fans, those who love heart wrenching stories
One of my all time favorites. Love the angst!!!
Diane
Eric and Ben are musicians who find each other in Asheville. Eric has had more pain in his young life but still retains hope for a loving relationship. When his father comes back, trouble follows.
Page Crusherz
Sep 20, 2013 Page Crusherz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a classic, and a great reread. I love Blue's stuff, esp her early things!
Sarah_loves_books
One of Ally Blue's darker books, this is a beautiful and unforgettable love story. Some of the happenings in this book are not for the squeamish, however, so consider yourself warned.
CB
Mar 03, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
A fast paced, lovable story with drama and angst. An entertaining read.
Cherie Noel
Nov 09, 2010 Cherie Noel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was Damn Good!!
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Alian345
Alian345 rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2012
  • Altered Heart (Mated Heart and Soul, #1)
  • Second Sight
  • Off the Beaten Path
  • Perfect Man
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Reclaiming Love
  • Brier's Bargain (Bodyguards in Love, #1)
  • Object of His Desire (Somerville Park, #1)
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • The Curtis Reincarnation
  • Survival
  • Slave Boy
  • Angel's Evolution
  • Devon Cream
  • Heart Doctor (City Hospital, #1)
  • Alternative Treatment
  • Inland Empire (Taking the Odds, #2)
Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big suggestively-shaped hat and rides in a bullet-proof Plexiglas bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and inspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her ...more
More about Ally Blue...