Start by marking “The Mind Gym: Wake Your Mind Up (The Mind Gym)” as Want to Read:
The Mind Gym: Wake Your Mind Up (The Mind Gym)

The Mind Gym: Wake Your Mind Up (The Mind Gym)

3.56  ·  Rating Details  ·  312 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The Mind Gym series of books will explore how we can get the most from our brain and use our mind to its full potential. They will offer practical techniques to help readers sharpen the way they think, enabling them to connect better with those around them. This first book will be a general overview to the Mind Gym and will include a summary of their most popular courses, ...more
Published January 6th 2005 by Time Warner Paperbacks (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Mind Gym, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mind Gym

Aj
Jan 12, 2011 Aj rated it liked it
good read if your a coach or competitive athlete. It didn't blow my mind or tell me anything that changed the way I look at things. It helped me remember the power of the mental side of performance. Good read.
Grenville Shurmer
May 10, 2012 Grenville Shurmer rated it it was ok
If this is your first read of a self help book then you will benefit from it .
Much of the content is already out there in other titles ..Same old same old .
Gary
Aug 20, 2010 Gary rated it liked it
Pretty good book, some helpful exercises in there for re-programming your way of thinking and interacting
Laura K
Sep 05, 2011 Laura K rated it really liked it
Very useful, especially the activities to help gain creativity in business situations.
John
Oct 04, 2011 John rated it it was amazing
Of course I read this :) Great!
TonyAlmeida
Como já tive oportunidade de comentar, este livro não era exactamente aquilo que eu estava à espera. O título "Mind Gym" sugeriu-me que se tratava de um livro para "exercício da mente", ou seja um livro de problemas, charadas e pensamento lateral. Fiquei um pouco decepcionado quando verifiquei que se tratava de um livro de "apoio pessoal" (penso que o termo "auto-ajuda" é muito limitado e mesmo pejorativo para este livro) e que não é mais do que a passagem para o papel do conceito de um workshop ...more
Niels Lodewijk
Stole this description that covers what I think of it as well. I quit a bit over half of it. It has short chapters covering different topics.

"Just another self-help book among hundreds, as far as I'm concerned. I suppose if you had the self-discipline to stick at the proposed techniques awhile, it may yield some benefits, but it ultimately offers very little knowledge that you either didn't already know or couldn't work out for yourself. Would not recommend."
Wouter
Mar 28, 2012 Wouter rated it it was ok
Mind Gym contains a few "golden rules" which you can find in every other productivity/self improvement book, along with some practical tips on how to influence others and how they behave. For me personally, after reading a lot of these books, I was hoping to find more. I did not.

The "existential cycle" paradigm explained here is another way of saying people need to break their habits and expand their horizons. The examples given are clear and there are exercises present after each section, but
Muhammad Sirojammuniro
Wonder! Saya tdk tau asal-usul buku ini ada di perpus rumah. Sangat cerdas! Benar-benar memberikan progres kemampuan kognitif. Cerdas! Berharap lebih dr jilid selanjutnya. Jika ada. Semua teorinya umum dn mudah ditemukan dimana saja, tapi buku ini memudahkan prosesnya.
Lynda
Aug 01, 2009 Lynda rated it liked it
Short funny exercises to reprogram your thinking. Part of a series of books from Britain.
Misha
Dec 02, 2014 Misha rated it did not like it
boring
Kabeer
Kabeer marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Trevor Legg
Trevor Legg rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Irpea
Irpea added it
Jul 18, 2016
AbbeY
AbbeY rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Nick Lee
Nick Lee rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Porsha
Porsha marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2016
Aladdin Attieh
Aladdin Attieh is currently reading it
Jul 03, 2016
Purneindu
Purneindu marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Mark Ashton
Mark Ashton rated it really liked it
Jun 30, 2016
Sahar
Sahar marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Sivell
Sivell rated it really liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Uday
Uday marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Wimbi Ratnasari
Wimbi Ratnasari marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
C'Yie Lawrence
C'Yie Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
  • The Rules of Wealth: A Personal Code for Prosperity
  • Improving Your Memory for Dummies
  • Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Dummies
  • Instant Confidence
  • The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People: What Scientists Have Learned and How You Can Use It
  • Lifehacker: 88 Tech Tricks to Turbocharge Your Day
  • Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises to Help Prevent Memory Loss and Increase Mental Fitness
  • First Impressions: What You Don't Know About How Others See You
  • How to be Brilliant
  • Artful Persuasion
  • The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum
Various is the correct author for any book with multiple unknown authors, and is acceptable for books with multiple known authors, especially if not all are known or the list is very long (over 50).

If an editor is known, however, Various is not necessary. List the name of the editor as the primary author (with role "editor"). Contributing authors' names follow it.

Note: WorldCat is an excellent res
More about Various...

The Mind Gym (3 books)
  • The Mind Gym: Give Me Time (The Mind Gym)
  • The Mind Gym: Relationships (The Mind Gym)