Start by marking “My Only Home (My Only Home, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Only Home (My Only Home, #1)

My Only Home (My Only Home #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  403 ratings  ·  23 reviews

The night before Noah Hill left his hometown of Mountain View, he had a drunken sexual tryst with his best friend, Lucas Wesson. Deeply in the closet, Noah is horrified at his behavior, and terrified of what Lucas would think of him. He left the next morning without saying goodbye, and effectively cut off all ties. He returns five years later to help his father, and runs i

ebook
Published 2007 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about My Only Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Only Home

Nika (Off to Neverland)
description

Boring and predictable. I kept on reading because Luke's daughter, Lily, was cute, and I was hoping the book would pick up.

It didn't.

In fact, I started liking it even less. And all because of Noah's selfishness toward the end. He didn't even really consider living in Mountain View but he was actively trying to get Luke to move to LA. Let's see. Luke has a house, a successful business he just started, his entire family, and his daughter's school in Mountain View. And he's expected to drop all tho
Erotic Horizon
Lucas Wesson has never left Mountain View, and after five years, not only does he own and operate the local diner, but he is also a father. When he learns that his best friend is coming back to town, he doesn’t hold out much hope of seeing him. After all, he has had no contact with him in five years.

With Noah doing what he always does when faced with a challenge, and Lucas, now having so much more to loose than he did five years ago, can they both realise that what they have is worth the risk?

I
Claire (_Book Huntress)
4 stars for this sweet little sizzler  photo t5063_zps39904312.gif
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Noah and Luke have been friends since they were children, living in 'Mountain View'- Noah can't wait to get out of that town and on his last night there he kisses Luke- and bails the next morning without a word

5 years have now passed- the boys haven't spoken a word to each other and when Noah returns to mountain view to see his estranged father he sees Luke and how much he has missed out on.

He is still madly in
Silkeeeeee
Noah didn't remember anything other than waking up from a drunk night with his best friend and being ashamed to face him because he had kissed him. He left that morning without a word and didn't return for five hears. These two men had to be the dumbest two men I can imagine to love each other that much and not even once try to find a way to communicate in five years. It's a decent read. Just frustrating characters. ...more
Kati
A nice little gay Harlequin. Not really memorable for its plot/characters and definitely not as engaging as the author's threesome story "Surrender's Edge" but cute reading nonetheless. What I like about Espinoza's stories is the fact that she doesn't make it easy for the characters, that she forces them to make life-changing decisions.
Love Bytes Reviews
4.5 star review by Rhonda

Hello and welcome to another excellent Pepper Espinoza tale. I have to say that Pepper has been a personal favorite of mine for quite some time and she never fails to keep my attention and this book is no different.

My Only Home is all about Noah and Lucas, two best friends who grew up together in a small town and were pretty much everything to each other until one drunken night where they went from friends to lovers. Too bad Noah didn’t remember all the details or he cou
Smith Barney
Nothing to write home about on this sweetly dull one-dimensional GFY story.
Ana
Jess
Its weird but my favourite part of the story is Lily the kid. I also really enjoyed Lucas - I thought he was honourabe, sexy and a good man. Noah was a bit of a dick, at times I wanted to smash his face into a brick wall and then grate some skin off.

However I got my happy ending so this one get 3 stars from me. I think the potential was there but this story didnt really delve into the emotions to much. Instead we only fleetingly touched on issues (like the relationship with his dad) I still have
Natālija
Reunited lovers is one of my absolute favorite tropes, so I wasn't surprised by how much I enjoyed My Only Home. Both characters were likeable and developed enough to be believable. What keeps this from a higher rating is a few plot holes (such as the relationship between Noah and his father) that were not fully addressed. Other than that, I liked this book a lot and I would happily recommend it.
Daniela
A light story about the reunion of two best friends after 5 years apart. I didnt enjoy too much this story, it actually seem too slow and too long (even if it isnt) for me. I dont know, I think I was expecting a little bit more from it, there's another book name Sterling for Christmas from D.J. Manly that has the same storyboard and I actually enjoy that one more than this one. ...more
Varia
Synopsis. You can read the book's blurb, or take my word for it:
Boy1 leaves town, returns, reconnects with boy2, leaves town again, comes back for a funeral, then leaves again.

FOr the most part, This was nice. I was hoping for more angst, but the story is more along the lines of a regular modern romance. This may have been intentional, but the story could benefit from a particular problem for the main characters to solve. The heat level is very low and occurs towards the end.
There's just something about her writing style that I don't like. I don't know if It was the story, the MCs, or what, but I didn't like this book too much. It was freakishly boring.
Jerry
I enjoyed the book but maybe a little too much angst for my taste at this moment in my life. Also I think men that act too impulsively as one of these men do only make themselves more nuts than they think their current situation already is. I have also read Quarterback Sneak by Pepper and liked that book better.
Tristan
Jul 03, 2015 Tristan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: gfy
3/5

A nice, easy and short read. It was an enjoyable read, tho there wasn't much to wrote home about. The book was plain, but it ended before I had a chance to get sick of the flavor - I guess this is one of those cases where short length actually work out great. XD
Todd Young
This is well written, though I found it difficult to differentiate between the two main characters. They seemed like two gay men - very similar people. The strongest aspect of the book is the portrayal of the little girl, which was entirely life-like and very well done.
Shannon
Really a 3.5 stars, but not quite 4 stars. Nothing really deep, just a sweet story about best friends becoming more after 5 years apart.
Melanie
Noah really annoyed me for most of this, but I loved Luke and how understanding he was. I adored Lily too, so cute.
Anabella
Un libro muy dulce, me gustó mucho.
♡♥Ang ♥♡
Aqila
Aqila added it
Jun 20, 2015
Lisa Ackerman
Lisa Ackerman marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Marquise
Marquise marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Krissy
Krissy added it
Jun 11, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
  • Never Let Go (Always, #1)
  • The Broken Road
  • A Matter of Necessity
  • VGL Male Seeks Same (M4M, #1)
  • Her Two Dads
  • Rough Draft
  • Precious Ache
  • Twilight (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #3)
  • Chasing Winter (Warm Rush, #1)
  • Rock Paper Scissors
  • Virgin (Awakenings, #1)
  • Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1)
  • And Call Me in the Morning (And Call Me in the Morning #1)
  • Lost Treasure
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • A Change of Tune (Change #1)
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
Pepper Espinoza has published several books with Liquid Silver Books, including The Zebra Wore Fishnets and The Zebra Wore Red Stockings, Amber Quill Press, Whiskey Creek Press, and Samhain Publishing. She currently lives in Utah with her husband and two cats. She hopes to complete her Masters degree in Literature in May, 2008.

Ms. Espinoza also collaborates with Vivien Dean, and they publish as Ja
More about Pepper Espinoza...

My Only Home (2 books)
  • You and Me and the Moon (My Only Home, #2)
Quarterback Sneak If All The Sand Were Pearl The Prince Who Never Smiled The Obsolete Man Pisces: From Behind That Locked Door (Boys of the Zodiac, #12)