Start by marking “Wuthering Heights (Oxford Bookworms Stage 5)” as Want to Read:
Wuthering Heights (Oxford Bookworms Stage 5)

Wuthering Heights (Oxford Bookworms Stage 5)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  135 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
The wind is strong on the Yorkshire moors. There are few trees, and fewer houses, to block its path. There is one house, however, that does not hide from the wind. It stands out from the hill and challenges the wind to do its worst. The house is called Wuthering Heights.

When Mr. Earnshaw brings a strange, small, dark, child back home to Wuthering Heights, it seems he has o
Published March 1st 1992 by Oxford University Press

To ask other readers questions about Wuthering Heights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wuthering Heights

Martina Gjomemo
This was a very unusual story! At first I thought was a little bit insane, I mean he destroyed others life just for money!
Wiktoria
English isn't my first language and I had trouble trying to get into reading Wuthering Heights so when I stumbled upon this retelling I decided to give it a go. It's definitely helpful for those of us, who aren't fluent enough to read an original book but I'm not going to say it's something I'd recommend to those who have the ability to read an actual thing. It kind of kills the mood- it obviously lacks these beautiful descriptions we all love in older classics. I'll be getting into Bronte's wor ...more
Derryck Osbourne
I was really glad when my teacher told me about the Read On! Project. I have no trouble reading books of this level as I've been reading books for years now. I'm really glad because this project gave me the chance to read a lot, although the books are really thin.

This is just my first book and it took me a while before I could start reading it as I've just bought a book when I borrowed this one from school.

The only doubt that I have about these books is.. Is it really worth it? Wuthering Heights
Radhika Chauhan
Sep 23, 2015 Radhika Chauhan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I loved about this book was the genius way in which the darkness which lies inside mere humans was depicted in a gothic style. No murders, no gore, yet the characters are shaped with such definiteness and sharpness that they give a chill to the reader.
Zeeshan Ahmed
Dec 20, 2015 Zeeshan Ahmed rated it really liked it
Loved it. This is a retelling of the original story, and I found it to be a wonderful one.
Jayden Andreas
May 26, 2015 Jayden Andreas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Indeed, I have heard about the fame of "Wuthering Heights" and Emily Bronte. I even get a little bit of touch to the story, but don't have a chance to fully read this masterpiece. So when I first saw this book, I unhesitantly pick it; and it doesn't let me down. The entire book, in my opinion, is fairly easy to comprehend and acknowledge the plot of the story. Love and revenge are always interesting topic in medieval literature. The tragic love of Catherine and Heathcliff holds an important role ...more
Namiko
Oct 02, 2012 Namiko added it
I accidentally read this book twice. I had read it last year. Since I have read this story in another version as well, I had no trouble reading it- I sometimes troubles with memorizing names such as characters's name, places' or houses' while I'm reading English books. In this story especially, it could be confusing for me to know who's whose children. So this time I focused on the story itself and enjoyed it.

(my comment 2011/June/16)
This is another version of Wuthering Heights. I think they use
Ranya Naman
Apr 18, 2016 Ranya Naman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cathrine Heathcliff
and all the other charecters all have prohlems none of them is the right one
Benjamin Ferrier
Nov 17, 2009 Benjamin Ferrier rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who like family stories
I found this book amazing. The story is so dark and gloomy. It will please to those who like family stories. The plot is so complicated to follow , but the many deaths and twists & turns , makes you feel like knowing the end. Which is so sad , of course. But it couldn't have another , I was satisfied. Expect you to discover many treason and murders. The suspense is panting , you won't be able to put the book down , you're warn.
Everything is perfect except one thing. Like i said , the story i
Christiana
Nov 12, 2014 Christiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Quiet a disturbing story. I'm shocked and a bit frightened.
Star Jessalyn
Nov 28, 2015 Star Jessalyn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I felt eh about the moral and premise behind this, but I particularly did not like the characters. Most of them were very cocky and the only three characters that I care about are Ellen Dean, Cathy, and Hareton. It is a tragic love story which focused on the lovers keeping themselves apart, not obstacles or man made trials. I didn't like the ending. I would only recommend this book for those people who LOVE tragic stories as this is a very difficult story to get into (even then I don't advise yo ...more
Ali Othman
Nov 26, 2014 Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
es un muy buen libro
David
My first experience with Emily Bronte, and it was because this is required reading for my secondary school. It was probably wrong to introduce this story to a young crowd. The tale seems a tad dark. The obsessive theme coupled with the romance makes the tale somewhat confusing and difficult to connect with. Maybe I just need to re-read it now that I'm older.
Monica
Dec 18, 2015 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó mucho y también me destrozó el corazón, porque no es la típica historia de amor. Nunca había leído algo así y fue una experiencia muy padre.
Fue muy corto y sentí que la historia paso muy rápido (entiendo que es una adaptación) aun así, disfrute mucho la lectura :)
Michelle
Dec 23, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it
I read this book because it was required in my literature class. I'm not really sure if this is a love story because it's completely dark and the characters are selfish and bitter. I don't recommend this for young adults since it's hard to understand.
Vickie T
Jul 08, 2009 Vickie T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
This is my favorite classic romance. Cathy and Heathcliffe's obsessive love intrigues me. I also wonder if Heathcliffe is the reason that so many of us like bad boys. Is this one of the places that we get that love of them.
Pang
Best Classic Book Ever!!! Heathcliff and Catherine's love story wrench my heart till I cried into tears.. Unforgettable..

My top of classic stories. I think :P
Loved it!!
Tonya
Jul 13, 2010 Tonya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm listening to this on my iPod while I train for the 3-Day. While I am not actually reading it, I am listening to an unabridged version!
Megan
Oct 06, 2015 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, own
I have an easier time with the audio book than the actual book, maybe because I had to hurry the book before school.
Amydom21
Oct 14, 2008 Amydom21 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a good read/listen:)
Heathcliff is a horrible man but he had a hard life.
Safrota Fallatah
it was a great story I love it and I couldn't put the book down until i finish it .

Greg Plominski
Greg Plominski marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Feray Dönmez
Feray Dönmez rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2016
Steffi
Steffi rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2016
Atieh
Atieh added it
May 13, 2016
  • Oliver Twist
  • The Sweet Evil Complete Collection: Sweet Evil, Sweet Peril, Sweet Reckoning
  • Hamlet (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 2)
  • Dead Man's Island
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
  • Sherlock Holmes and the Duke's Son
  • อกเกือบหักแอบรักคุณสามี (My Hasband in Law)
  • Hunting The Lion (Cinderella, #2)
  • Catspaw (Blackheart #1)
  • The Prisoner of Zenda (Oxford Bookworms)
  • The Ascendance Trilogy (#1-3)
  • Just One Kiss
  • Night Moves : Dream Man/After the Night
  • Oxford Word Skills Intermediate
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)
  • Trumpet Voluntary Book and Audio CD Pack: Level 6 Advanced (Cambridge English Readers)
  • Pride and Prejudice (Penguin Readers, Level 5)
Clare West has over twenty years' TEFL classroom experience in the UK and overseas, and has led workshops for teachers in Switzerland, the Netherlands, Greece, and Argentina. For most of her teaching career she was involved with long-stay students on Cambridge examination courses, and engaged in the development of strategies to improve students' reading and writing skills.

She is now a freelance au
More about Clare West...