Start by marking “Wuthering Heights (Oxford Bookworms Stage 5)” as Want to Read:
Wuthering Heights (Oxford Bookworms Stage 5)

Wuthering Heights (Oxford Bookworms Stage 5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The wind is strong on the Yorkshire moors. There are few trees, and fewer houses, to block its path. There is one house, however, that does not hide from the wind. It stands out from the hill and challenges the wind to do its worst. The house is called Wuthering Heights.

When Mr. Earnshaw brings a strange, small, dark, child back home to Wuthering Heights, it seems he has o
Published March 1st 1992 by Oxford University Press

To ask other readers questions about Wuthering Heights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wuthering Heights

Derryck Osbourne
I was really glad when my teacher told me about the Read On! Project. I have no trouble reading books of this level as I've been reading books for years now. I'm really glad because this project gave me the chance to read a lot, although the books are really thin.

This is just my first book and it took me a while before I could start reading it as I've just bought a book when I borrowed this one from school.

The only doubt that I have about these books is.. Is it really worth it? Wuthering Heights
Namiko
Oct 02, 2012 Namiko added it
I accidentally read this book twice. I had read it last year. Since I have read this story in another version as well, I had no trouble reading it- I sometimes troubles with memorizing names such as characters's name, places' or houses' while I'm reading English books. In this story especially, it could be confusing for me to know who's whose children. So this time I focused on the story itself and enjoyed it.

(my comment 2011/June/16)
This is another version of Wuthering Heights. I think they use
Benjamin Ferrier
Nov 17, 2009 Benjamin Ferrier rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those who like family stories
I found this book amazing. The story is so dark and gloomy. It will please to those who like family stories. The plot is so complicated to follow , but the many deaths and twists & turns , makes you feel like knowing the end. Which is so sad , of course. But it couldn't have another , I was satisfied. Expect you to discover many treason and murders. The suspense is panting , you won't be able to put the book down , you're warn.
Everything is perfect except one thing. Like i said , the story i
Christiana
Quiet a disturbing story. I'm shocked and a bit frightened.
Johannes
Lucas
es un muy buen libro
David
My first experience with Emily Bronte, and it was because this is required reading for my secondary school. It was probably wrong to introduce this story to a young crowd. The tale seems a tad dark. The obsessive theme coupled with the romance makes the tale somewhat confusing and difficult to connect with. Maybe I just need to re-read it now that I'm older.
Michelle
I read this book because it was required in my literature class. I'm not really sure if this is a love story because it's completely dark and the characters are selfish and bitter. I don't recommend this for young adults since it's hard to understand.
Vickie T
This is my favorite classic romance. Cathy and Heathcliffe's obsessive love intrigues me. I also wonder if Heathcliffe is the reason that so many of us like bad boys. Is this one of the places that we get that love of them.
Pang
Best Classic Book Ever!!! Heathcliff and Catherine's love story wrench my heart till I cried into tears.. Unforgettable..

My top of classic stories. I think :P
Loved it!!
Tonya
I'm listening to this on my iPod while I train for the 3-Day. While I am not actually reading it, I am listening to an unabridged version!
Megan
I have an easier time with the audio book than the actual book, maybe because I had to hurry the book before school.
Amydom21
It was a good read/listen:)
Heathcliff is a horrible man but he had a hard life.
Safrota Fallatah
it was a great story I love it and I couldn't put the book down until i finish it .

Bea
Bea marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Abigail Amor
Abigail Amor marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Jan 03, 2015
Emma Green
Emma Green marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Ana Villena
Ana Villena marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Atabaye
Atabaye marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Sophio Soselia
Sophio Soselia marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Bárbara Bonini
Bárbara Bonini marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
  • Oliver Twist
  • Hamlet (Oxford Bookworms Library: Stage 2)
  • Dead Man's Island
  • Catspaw
  • Just One Kiss
  • Night Moves : Dream Man/After the Night
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1-5)
  • King for a Day (The King Trilogy, #2)
  • Pride and Prejudice (Penguin Readers, Level 5)
  • آتش بدون دود کتاب دوم: درخت مقدس
  • Henry VIII and His Six Wives
  • Chemical Secret
  • The Swan Princess
  • The Prisoner of Zenda
  • Misery (Penguin Readers Level 6)
  • The Man She Loves To Hate (The Eligible Bachelors, #1)
  • کلیدر، جلد اوّل و دوّم [Kalīdar ǧild-i awwal wa duwwum]
  • The Book of Beasts
Clare West has over twenty years' TEFL classroom experience in the UK and overseas, and has led workshops for teachers in Switzerland, the Netherlands, Greece, and Argentina. For most of her teaching career she was involved with long-stay students on Cambridge examination courses, and engaged in the development of strategies to improve students' reading and writing skills.

She is now a freelance au
More about Clare West...
Sherlock Holmes Short Stories The Joy Luck Club Gulliver's Travels Crime Never Pays From the Cradle to the Grave