Start by marking “Secret of the Dragon's Eye: Book One” as Want to Read:
Secret of the Dragon's Eye: Book One

Secret of the Dragon's Eye: Book One

"Secret of the Dragon's Eye" is a tale of fantasy for all ages, with a high-spirited dragon named Thaddeus Osbert and three adolescents who befriend him. Faced with danger and intrigue, the children band together with the dragon, to thwart a German top-secret mission, aimed at seizing the mystical and magical sword of King Arthur-Excalibur. By combining their wits, their c ...more
Published February 2nd 2007 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Secret of the Dragon's Eye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret of the Dragon's Eye

Wendy Gillissen
Nov 12, 2009 Wendy Gillissen rated it it was amazing
When I discovered Secret of the Dragon's Eye 1. is set in World War II Britain and 2. features one of my favourite mythical beasts, a dragon, my curiosity was raised and I couldn't wait to read the novel.
Mr. Hart has done his research well: in the first half of the book, life in wartime Britain is described with a lot of convincing detail and a little (British?) humour thrown in for good measure.
I couldn't wait to meet the dragon, and I wasn't disappointed: Sir Thaddeus Osbert is anything a drag
Jodi Braun
Feb 09, 2009 Jodi Braun rated it it was amazing
The Secret of the Dragons Eye by Derek Hart is a fabulous book for the whole family. Seldom does a book come along that captures my attention like Derek Harts Dragon series. It is a magical, historical, entertaining novel that nobody should miss. I feel these books will make as big, or bigger a splash than Harry Potter. Quick read that you will not put down
Melissa Mcpherson
May 09, 2008 Melissa Mcpherson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers
Just glorious fun. Thaddeus the dragon is a hoot. The 2 British teenagers are engaging and intelligent. The Nazis are evil bad, of course, but there's so much going on to complicate things. But it really comes down to the delightful and lovable dragon, who craves sugar and cracks jokes. i can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Monica
May 19, 2008 Monica rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This tale is quite a complex yet highly entertaining blend of history and fantasy. Active imaginations help bring Gavin, Emily, Thaddeus, and Bunty together. This story helps to show how friendship and love can conquer difficult odds. I look forward to future adventures!
Linda
Apr 18, 2008 Linda rated it really liked it
This historical fantasy was a great read but I also learned a lot about WWII England from a child's point of view. The country and its people suffered much more than I guessed. Thanks to a sugar-loving dragon, I can thoroughly enjoy these history lessons.
Kristina
Apr 15, 2008 Kristina rated it it was amazing
"Secret of the Dragon's Eye is a wonderful mixture of historical fiction and timeless fantasy. I found it exciting, for both adventure lovers and those who enjoy a good fairytale. I would definitely recommend it!"
Steve Gilbert
May 25, 2010 Steve Gilbert rated it it was amazing
This is a super book... makes you believe again in the unseen. There is something good watching over us all and it's in the form of a wonderful Dragon. If you need to be uplifted, read this book!
Ali
Apr 15, 2008 Ali rated it it was amazing
Great book! I was caught up in it from the get-go. I actually stayed up way too late into the night to finish it.
I am a slow reader but.....

Starting the sequel. Already intrigued!!!

Shelby Lovell
Shelby Lovell marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
M
M marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Tami Bierkamp
Tami Bierkamp marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Stanley Faris
Stanley Faris marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Amelie
Amelie marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Jay Vaux
Jay Vaux rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Tysha
Tysha marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Kurt Springs
Kurt Springs marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Damian Magnay
Damian Magnay marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Amanda Gronemeyer
Amanda Gronemeyer marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
Amy B
Amy B marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Hollyann
Hollyann marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2013
Drake Beach
Drake Beach marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2013
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
Cary Neeper
Cary Neeper marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Michael J.
Michael J. rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2013
Don't forget to visit my website and take a look at the available titles.

Here's a list of stuff about me, which should help you decide if you want to invite me to be your friend or agree to be mine.

- I love movies, especially action & adventure, fantasy & historical.
- I collect movie soundtracks (300+).
- I have been to 49 states (except Alaska) in the USA and they are all historically fas
More about Derek Hart...

“Dragons appear to those who believe, and only then if we wish.” 5 likes
“Caladfwlch is ‘hard lightning’ in Welsh. The silly French dubbed the blade Excalibur.” 2 likes