Start by marking “Now We Are Sick: An Anthology of Nasty Verse” as Want to Read:
Now We Are Sick: An Anthology of Nasty Verse

Now We Are Sick: An Anthology of Nasty Verse

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  303 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Neil Gaiman and Stephen Jones have gathered together a unique collection of funny, frivolous and frightening poems by thirty of the world's best known science fiction, fantasy and horror authors. You are guaranteed to scream with laughter and chuckle in fear as you enter the warped imaginations of these masters of the macabre, for better or verse. Poems by: Brian Aldiss, S ...more
Published August 17th 2005 by Dreamhaven Books (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Now We Are Sick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Now We Are Sick

Monica
Mar 18, 2016 Monica rated it it was amazing
Amusing. I would have loved this as a child.
Walter
Jul 19, 2008 Walter rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: disturbed teens
On of my all-time favorite poetry compilations--such deeply disturbing (and fun!) shit to give to impressionable adolescents who think they hate poetry!
Whitney
Jul 15, 2015 Whitney rated it really liked it
Disturbing and funny.
Amy
Jun 08, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
This book is 'An Anthology of Nasty Verse' edited by Neil Gaiman & Stephen Jones. It is indeed sick, but apparently the book is Clive Barker's fault - love it! Each rhyme, written by thirty of the world's best-known science fiction, fantasy, and horror authors, is rated with skulls according to nastiness, with the introduction having one skull, not exactly for children, but I highly recommend it if you have a sick sense of humor or can at least apreciate one. -I give it five skulls-
Jaimie
Dec 15, 2012 Jaimie rated it really liked it
mairywo
Sep 16, 2011 mairywo rated it it was amazing
Morbid, dark, nasty, sick and funny as hell. If you have a sick kind of humour and can laugh till you drop about disgusting and gruesome poems, this book is definitely for you.[return]When I saw that both Neil Gaiman and Clive Barker were involved in this collection of horror poems, I just had to get it. And I wasn't disappointed. It's just great fun.
John Watt
I liked it.. as with any anthology some parts were better than others. It was a neat quirky set of odd, dark, yet funny poems. I definitely enjoyed the final section best... the adult section... there were just more dark and demented places to go with the poetry.
Barrett
Nov 10, 2008 Barrett rated it liked it
Recommended to Barrett by: Stefanie
fun, whimsical, cheeky, and in some places, utterly gross. great material considering it's almost halloween (though i admit it might have been easier to finish if i hadn't been eating a bowl of chili at the time)...
Serge Pierro
Oct 04, 2012 Serge Pierro rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Seeing that Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore were going to be involved in this book, I felt the need to pick it up. As can be expected with most anthologies, the pieces are hit or miss.
Federiken Masters
Aug 17, 2010 Federiken Masters marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Veremos...
Recommended to Federiken by: Autor
Mirá vos, se editó en castellano, aunque por lo que veo está bastante caro. Igual, jamás vi en papel ninguna edición, así que andá a saber cuál termina llegando a mis manos.
Sj Smalley
Sep 18, 2013 Sj Smalley rated it liked it
Sort of revolting rhymes...just editted by Gaiman and a bit patchy.
elissa
Jul 21, 2008 elissa marked it as to-read
Recommended to elissa by: Walter's review
Shelves: poetry
Would love to find this, but it's not at any library close by!
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Ragbert
Ragbert marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Chrys Albarado
Chrys Albarado marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Elijah
Elijah marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Sydney
Sydney rated it really liked it
May 04, 2016
Marcel
Marcel rated it it was ok
May 01, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2016
Lolasuej
Lolasuej marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Thanasis
Thanasis marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Felipe
Felipe marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
  • Vertigo: Winter's Edge (Graphic Novel)
  • Hanging Out with the Dream King
  • The Mammoth Book of Sorcerers' Tales : The Ultimate Collection of Magical Fantasy from Tom Holt, Ursula K. LeGuin, Michael Moorcock, Peter Crowther, Louise Cooper, and many more
  • The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror: Eighteenth Annual Collection