Start by marking “The Everafter War (The Sisters Grimm, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Everafter War (The Sisters Grimm, #7)

The Everafter War (The Sisters Grimm #7)

4.32  ·  Rating Details ·  12,754 Ratings  ·  452 Reviews
Picking up after the dramatic cliffhanger that ended Book Six, Sabrina and Daphne’s prayers are finally answered when their parents awake from their sleeping spell. But their happy reunion is short-lived, as they are caught in the middle of a war between the Scarlet Hand and Prince Charming’s Everafter army. As the family works to help the prince’s ragtag group of rebels a ...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Amulet Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Everafter War, please sign up.

Colby Hi Kathleen,
Hi Kathleen,
Personally, I like Book #5, Magic and Other Misdemeanors, best, but I would say based on what I've heard from others, this one is definitely one of the best. It's probably my third favourite after book 5 and Problem Child(less)

Caroline
May 07, 2009 Caroline rated it it was amazing
Lia
This was an amazing book I could not put down ,literally, I read this book in one sitting. It had everything I wanted in it and all the characters I love!
Through out the book it seems the end is near. The wars are on and everafters are going to the scarlet hand. But, who is the Master and why is he doing this? Will Sabrina and Daphane's parents wake? In this book that and more is revealed! It is definently worth reading.
Justyn Rampa
Jun 18, 2011 Justyn Rampa rated it it was amazing
Overall, I really really loved this book.

It had danger, consequences, huge reveals, and character development.

I needed to know what was going to happen and I was satisfied with the results although I saw most of them coming but not overtly obvious. There was one major plot point that I completely missed and was shocked to discover. Things just got real, y'all.

There was one scene in the book which threatened to knock at least a half star off but enough space came between that section and the end
Sarah Stevens
May 26, 2009 Sarah Stevens rated it did not like it
I'm pretty much only still reading this series out of sheer perseverance to complete the storyline and find out what happens to everyone. I need my 'happily ever after'. However, Buckley is just stretching it out for all it's worth, probably literally.

Pros: Sabrina finally gets some character development. All she has been up until now is an angry pre-teen. There haven't been any moments of true understanding or growth; little flickers, maybe, that quickly get extinguished by returning to her typ
Lauren
Apr 17, 2009 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middlegrade
It's no secret that I have been a huge fan of this series ever since it came out a couple of years ago, but I must say that this new one is my favorite (except maybe for the first one). There is so much action. Plus, a few good surprises to keep you on your toes. And you will never believe who The Master is. If you like fairy tales, you MUST check out this series.
Kimberley
Dec 24, 2014 Kimberley rated it really liked it
I’ll be the first to admit that I thoroughly enjoy reading books that are, apparently, meant for children. This series, recommended to me by a friend, is no exception. However, while the series is undoubtedly tailored to a younger audience, it would also be a mistake for an older reader to discard it.

The series is, for one, a lot scarier than any other children’s book I’ve read. And there are other themes that are more mature and complex than one would really expect from a children’s book. It’s
Lynn
May 23, 2011 Lynn rated it it was amazing
My kids and I are probably a little demented but we LOVE this series and laugh at all the awkward moments between Puck and Sabrina for they are just so much fun. So often my kids and I listen to books that are so serious and young adult, but a little more complex or mature. This is just great for the story is complex yet the humor is appropriate (and even a little immature -- pegausus fed chili dogs and prune juice for a week!) It is a continuation of the Master VS the Grimm Family and in this s ...more
Elias
Mar 04, 2013 Elias rated it it was amazing
In this book, the Antagonist is the Scarlet Hand because they threaten to wipe out the human population. In their way are is the Protagonist which is the Grimm family, and they intend to defeat the Scarlet Hand before they can complete their evil plans. In this part of the series, the Grimms go head to head with the Scarlet Hand. This time the Grimms come with an army, but the Scarlet Hand intends to wipe out the Grimms with their overwhelming numbers.

In this book, the theme of the book is that
Tori Marvin
Aug 29, 2009 Tori Marvin rated it it was amazing
I'm starting to dread the end of this series. I've gotten so attached to these characters and the stories behind them that it's going to be like loosing a best friend when the series is done. I mean, because I was so interested in Puck and his story, I read A Midsummer's Night Dream and I loved it because I had that other connection to the book. In the 6th book I believe it was King Oberon, Queen Titania, Moth, and one of the other faries from the play were in the Sisters Grimm too. I think it's ...more
Lauren
Feb 19, 2014 Lauren rated it it was ok
Is this series over yet? What? There are still TWO MORE BOOKS after this one?

I am so over this series. It’s just … this series is the equivalent of silly putty that somehow keeps stretching. It’s not even pretending to be a mystery series anymore, and it’s been a long time since I’ve read a series where I felt that even the author was over his creation (prior to this one, the last one was Sherlock Holmes shortly before ACD killed off the famous detective).

While I liked The Everafter War more tha
Angypants
Apr 24, 2010 Angypants rated it really liked it
An open rant:

I could get really detailed in my review, talking about the prose, strengths of writing or not, and the handling or failing to handle subtle plot points.

But why? Just because I think these books are great does not make them so, but to detail everything that is wrong with them would not help anyone's experience. In my opinion, at least.

It's not the best one out of the series, yet, but I'm not giving up hope. Have you ever read something that just takes you to another world? Where y
Stacey
Aug 16, 2009 Stacey rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fairy tale lovers
Recommended to Stacey by: my sister
I read this book months ago. I was eager to to find out who the "Master" was. I was suprized but at the same time it made a lot of sense. Shortly after the story begins we finally see Sabrina's parents wake up. I hate that they don't show the family's reaction to their waking up. Sabrina runs away when she thinks they have failed and doesn't realized it worked until her parents come to her rescue.
We see the parents reactions to what their lives have been while they were asleep. The Everafters h
Gizelle
Dec 23, 2014 Gizelle rated it it was amazing
The girls (Sabrina and daphne) finally get their wish their parents have woken up over a sleeping curse that has been put on them. Soon as their parents wake up it was not Sabrina expected their was chaos the scarlet hand was still looking for mr.Canis and charming then Sabrina's uncle gets shot with an arrow so their family goes to the woods using a magic mirror. When they got the base camp Sabrina's father took the girls and tried to go to New York City but before they got there they got a lit ...more
Alixendra
Dec 06, 2012 Alixendra rated it it was amazing
I know this series is meant for more of a middle school reading level, at least what is considered the average level, but I started to read this for fun and short in the 6th grade and felt obligated to finish it.
I absolutely LOVE how Buckley puts a twist on fairy tails and folklore from all authors. The sisters in this series are descendants to Wilhelm Grimm, one of the Grimm brothers, and have fallen into the family traction as Fairy tail detectives!
I bought these books one after another it wa
Heather
Feb 21, 2010 Heather rated it liked it
I read this in all hopes and anticipation of this being the last book. I quite enjoyed the beginning of the series, I think the author did a pretty good job at setting up the story, it is very creative, I enjoy the characters, etc... I just feel like dragging this on to more books is now just dragging out the series. I am now just sticking with it because I want to see the happily ever after ending. I was really looking forward to this being the last book, but alas, my hopes were dashed. Better ...more
Charlotte
These books have really grown on me. They tell the story of two sisters who find out the stories told by ancestors, the brothers Grimm, were really about real life "everafter" characters. They are charged with keeping the family legacy alive of keeping these fairy tale creatures out of trouble. My two tweens also love this series and we had to fight over who got to read this recent release first.
Rebecca
Sep 06, 2009 Rebecca rated it it was amazing
i thought this book was going to be the last, thank god its not! this book brings the sisters grimm to a new point and perspective, the girls are now changing and so are there lives, and finally they find what theyve been looking for, but they also find out something they are not very pleased about, leaving them in a sticky situation
Britt Watkins
Aug 06, 2009 Britt Watkins rated it really liked it
I was under the impression that book 7 would be the last one of this series. Thank you, Michael Buckley, for continuing on! My kids and I just LOVE this series. What a genius Buckley is for using well-known and well-loved stories and characters to fuel his own creativity and storyline. We can't wait for book 8!
Jul 20, 2009 Laura rated it it was amazing
After finishing this book, I realized I had finally reached a point where the author needs to "hurry up and write the 8th book already." I never thought that fairytale people could have a real war, but this book proves that anything is possible when Pinnochio and a Magic Mirror and many others combine forces!
Jessica
Jun 09, 2009 Jessica rated it it was amazing
I have told you all how much I loved book one and the sries as a whole. I just have to say it again now that I have finished the 7th book. So, so, so great! Funny and human characters. I actually laughed out loud reading this book at one of "Puck's" lines. I realized that I had missed him. I count that as a great book.
Cathy
May 19, 2009 Cathy rated it liked it
Cute book for middle readers and their parents -- a bit like "Shrek" with the huge collection of fairy-tale characters (aka Everafters) in one place -- with clever twists that can be appreciated by kids and adults alike (some only by adults, probably). A bit of a mystery about who is the "bad guy." Entertaining.
Kirsten Murphy
The most recent book in The Sisters Grimm series is filled with action, adventure, drama, suspense, surprises, betrayal... and I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW IT ENDED!!! Now I'm waiting on pins and needles for the next one to hit the shelves. Come on, Michael Buckley, you've got us all hooked!
Gabriel
Mar 01, 2011 Gabriel rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anybody that likes the Mystery/Magic genre
This is the epic reveal! In this book, they tell you who The Master is, and they reveal a shocking betrayal. I really like how Jake's love really kicks off with Briar. Too bad their love isn't eternal. I love how the author slowly reveals all troubles. READ IT!
Roslyn
Nov 02, 2009 Roslyn rated it it was ok
Maddy is dead yet in the afterlife she can see objects that she had lost in her life. She discovers that she can "touch" these objects and go back to a moment in her life where she lost that item. Maddy discovers that she can change events. But can she ultimately change her death?
Lula
Jan 20, 2014 Lula rated it really liked it
I'm surprised, but I'm actually enjoying this series. The characters are pretty nice, and the plot is fresh and exciting. I love the dynamic between Sabrina and Puck, and can't wait to see more from them in the future.
Zoe
Dec 11, 2009 Zoe rated it it was amazing
This book The everafter war is a great book!!! It is about these fairytales who tale sides deciding whether to be good or evil. The bad ones are in a group called scarlet hand. The good ones are making a camp that helps them practice! Overall it should be a 10 star book!!
Katie W
Jan 03, 2014 Katie W rated it really liked it
This is our favorite book of the series...so far. My kids are really enjoying the time and the story as I read it aloud to them. They hate for me to stop reading because they're dying to know what happens next. "Just one more page, Mom" is something I hear a lot. :)
Karen
Jan 21, 2009 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sam, Regan
Loved the book, but I was surprised at the end. I thought this was going to be the last book in the series. Now we have to wait for the new one to come out. UGH!! I don't want to wait!! Madison doesn't either. Again LOVED Puck! He cracks me up.
Kevin
May 17, 2009 Kevin rated it really liked it
Another great one from Michael Buckley. Nice mix of action and character development; satire and slapstick but also more serious issues. But the cliffhanger ending and surprise twist means more waiting for the next book in the series ...
Michelle
Aug 13, 2009 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I stumbled upon this book at the local library. I was amazed at how the author integrated so many characters from fairy tales, folk tales and literary classics...simply amazing. Only major downer was the "to-be-continued" ending. I'll definitely check out the entire series in the future.
The Sister Grimm: Songs 1 1 Jan 05, 2016 11:50AM
Who is Your Favorite Everafter? 3 11 Jul 29, 2014 02:18PM
  • Peter and the Sword of Mercy (Peter and the Starcatchers, #4)
  • Dragon Kiss (The Tales of the Frog Princess, #7)
  • Who's The Fairest?
  • Mines of the Minotaur (The Companions Quartet, #3)
  • Out of the Wild (Into the Wild, #2)
  • The Eternal Tomb (Oliver Nocturne, #5)
  • The Eye Of The Forest (Children Of The Lamp, #5)
  • The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle (The League of Princes, #2)
  • The Reckoning (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #3)
  • Gilda Joyce: The Ghost Sonata  (Gilda Joyce, #3)
  • Stargazer (The Land of Elyon #4)
  • Quest for the Secret Keeper (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #3)
  • The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline (Enola Holmes, #5)
  • Dragon Spear (Dragon Slippers, #3)
New York Times bestselling author Michael Buckley was born in Akron, Ohio. He tried his hand as a stand-up comic and lead singer for a punk rock back before attending Ohio University. After graduating with honors he moved to New York City to be an intern on the Late Show with David Letterman which led to stints developing programming for Discovery Networks, MTV, MTV Animation and Klasky Csupo (pro ...more
More about Michael Buckley...

The Sisters Grimm (9 books)
  • The Fairy-Tale Detectives (The Sisters Grimm, #1)
  • The Unusual Suspects (The Sisters Grimm, #2)
  • The Problem Child (The Sisters Grimm, #3)
  • Once Upon a Crime (The Sisters Grimm, #4)
  • Magic and Other Misdemeanors (The Sisters Grimm, #5)
  • Tales From the Hood (The Sisters Grimm, #6)
  • The Inside Story (The Sisters Grimm, #8)
  • The Council of Mirrors (The Sisters Grimm, #9)

“That's the coolest thing I've ever seen," Puck said.
"How cool will it be when it kills us?" Sabrina asked.
"Considerably less cool," Puck replied.”
134 likes
“You ignorant little rodent! This isn't just an old book. This is the book of Everafter."
"Sorry, I haven't read it. I'm waiting for the movie," Puck said.”
116 likes