Start by marking “Inside Story” as Want to Read:
Inside Story

Inside Story (Frasier Island #3)

Following up on the adventures of men in uniform in "Frasier Island" and "Finding Marie, "Susan Page Davis offers readers another suspenseful novel of international diplomacy and romance.

Claudia Gillette, an upscale magazine correspondent, will go to any lengths for a good story. Bill White, a navy lieutenant, performs secret missions all over the world. Attraction sizzles
Published January 1st 2009 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Inside Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside Story

Randy Tramp
Nov 05, 2014 Randy Tramp rated it really liked it
Claudia Gillette, is an intelligent and strong-minded female. She travels the earth as a journalist and loves adventure in the fast lane. She meets a special operations Naval officer and finds herself covering a story in the jungles of the Philippines.
She is caught up with bombs flying and bullets moving through the air. Her life is changed in ways she didn't see coming.
This was a great book, filled with action and suspense. I enjoyed the two main characters. In my younger years I had been in t
Vicki
Aug 15, 2009 Vicki rated it it was amazing
I love this story! The story is fun, suspenseful, and leaves me cheering for the main characters. Lieutenant Bill White is believable and easy to admire for his charitable work and dedication to the navy. Claudia is a risk taker and does whatever it takes to find and tell moving human interest stories. I don’t want to say too much and give away the story, but I think you’ll enjoy this one.

The story does make me wonder whether the U.S. Navy would authorize embedding a magazine correspondent with
Tracy
Dec 25, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it
Quick, easy and clean read about a world-travelling journalist and a navy special ops guy. I found it a little weaker and more preachy than the first two, but it was definitely action packed with a realistic twist in the romance toward the end.
Amy
Feb 21, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspirational
This, #3 in the Frasier Island series, is another great read in military romantic suspense. I really like this series -- this time the characters are Claudia (Marie's (book #2) sister) and Lt. Bill White. Claudia is a writer for a global magazine -- her list of credits and the places that she travels to to get stories are impressive. The reader gets to travel with her on some of her adventures.

For better or worse, one of her adventures lands her in the middle of a military operation on an islan
Katy
Apr 13, 2014 Katy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first of this author that I'd read. Unfortunately I read her series out of order, so am not working on my third. This "Inside Story" was really a page turner! Great read!!
Susan
Oct 28, 2009 Susan rated it it was ok
A journalist persists until she gets clearance to join up with and interview a special operations unit. Unexpected events have the unit going into the field earlier than planed and Claudia, the reporter and older sister of Marie (Finding Marie #2 in the series), pushes her way in to get a good story.
I found Claudia pushy, self-serving, and egotistical. No sympathy for her. --So didn't enjoy the book as much as it deserved. I also felt the religious aspect was way too pushy in this book. I much p
Larry
Aug 18, 2009 Larry rated it really liked it
Susan Davis is a Christian writer. This was a good book because of the story. She brings in her Christian faith throughout the book thru her characters. It was well done and not at all pushy from a readers standpoint. I will read at least two of her other books which lead up to this book
Loraine Nunley
Jun 23, 2013 Loraine Nunley rated it really liked it
I liked this book more than the second one in the series (Finding Marie) but not as much as the first one in the series (Frasier Island). I liked the struggle that Bill had with really liking Claudia, but her not being a believer.
jallioop
Jan 24, 2012 jallioop rated it it was ok
Didn't know this was a Christian romance. A bit too much preaching for my tastes. Plus was unrealistic, USN team that was SEAL-like, but not quite, and included a woman.
Nancy
May 04, 2010 Nancy rated it really liked it
Susan Page Davis is a very good author. The action scenes in the book are very dramatic and well written. I enjoyed this sequel to Frasier Island and Finding Marie.
Sara
Feb 24, 2011 Sara rated it liked it
Interesting, but not as good as the others in the series. Still enough action and suspense to recommend to others.
Debra
Aug 27, 2011 Debra rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was very interesting and it held my interest thoughout the whole book.
Susan
Apr 25, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
This was a good story but probably my least favorite of the 3 in this series.
Donna Brookmyer
Donna Brookmyer marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Karen Reed
Karen Reed rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Hallie
Hallie marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Olivia
Olivia marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2016
Lucy
Lucy marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Jan Hall
Jan Hall marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Myra Limbaugh
Myra Limbaugh rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2016
Lydia
Lydia added it
Jun 05, 2016
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Undivided Heart (Sister Circle, #3)
  • Cowgirl at Heart (The McCord Sisters, #2)
  • Oh, Baby!
  • Beach Dreams (The Beach House #3)
  • Love Finds You in Snowball, Arkansas
  • The Wedding Caper (Bridal Mayhem Mystery, #1)
  • Flash Point (In a Heartbeat #2)
  • Controlling Interest
  • Spring Broke (86 Bloomberg Place, #3)
  • Don't Kiss Him Good Bye (London Confidential, #3)
  • Wyoming: Four Novels of Love in Frontier Forts (Wyoming #1-4)
  • A Case for Love (Brides of Bonneterre, #3)
  • Fiesta Moon (Moonstruck #2)
  • End of the Trail (Texas Trails, #6)
  • Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #3)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • The Grand Scheme
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. It allowed our six children to grow up feel
More about Susan Page Davis...

Frasier Island (3 books)
  • Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)