Start by marking “Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)” as Want to Read:
Camp Babymouse (Babymouse, #6)

Camp Babymouse (Babymouse #6)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  1,151 ratings  ·  76 reviews
Welcome to Camp Babymouse! Two weeks of fresh air, fun, and friendship! Babymouse can't wait for the adventures to start. All that she has to do is relax and make sure she doesn't get lost in the wilderness. What could possibly go wrong, right Babymouse? Uh . . . Babymouse? BABYMOUSE? Uh-oh! Will camp be all that Babymouse dreams of? Or is our brave and fearless camper los...more
Published May 8th 2007 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Camp Babymouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Babymouse

Smile by Raina TelgemeierThe Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian SelznickBone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithDiary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyAmulet, Vol. 1 by Kazu Kibuishi
Best Graphic Novels for Children
107th out of 537 books — 622 voters
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyDog Days by Jeff KinneyRodrick Rules by Jeff KinneyThe Last Straw by Jeff KinneyThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Books That Made Me Laugh Out Loud
368th out of 1,266 books — 1,735 voters

More lists with this book...

Haley Shade
Camp Babymouse is such a cute, wonderful graphic novel to read. I like this graphic novel series because you don’t have to read the previous books in order to understand what is going on. I especially liked this book of the series because it is all about Babymouse’s adventures. I also love how the plot has a twist, you think she is just going to have weeks full of adventure and you would never expect the worse. So when she gets lost, it adds a little bit of excitement and twist to the book. I re...more
Sara
Category: graphic novel
Authors/Illustrators: Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm
Title: Camp Babymouse
Publisher: 2007 by Random House Books
ISBN: 0375939881 (ISBN13: 9780375939884)
Genre: graphic novel
Reading level: grade 2 and up

Summer is here and Babymouse is all set for an adventure at her first week of overnight camp at Camp Wild Whiskers..."where girls go to get lost!" As always, she dreams of being the hero of the camp by saving lost campers and excelling in various camp activities and contests...more
Judi Paradis
I finally decided I needed to read a Babymouse book because they are so popular at our school. I get it! The drawings are fun, the mouse is nutty and the story moves at a very fast pace. Babymouse is at summer camp and ruining everything for the girls in her cabin as she makes one mistake after another, destroying their chance to come in first in the camp contest. When she finally gets her act together at the end, it is a great relief--and lots of fun getting there.
Taylor De La Fe
This story is about Babymouse going to camp. Babymouse is really excited to go to camp at first because she thinks she is going to be really good at everything they do. Only once she arrives does she see how hard being a scout can be. Babymouse struggles to do all of the different activities they have and she thinks she may not be cut out for scouting after all. But, Babymouse sticks to it and shows readers that camp can be okay. I think there are some kids that wold really like it, but for me,...more
Hannah Edwards
Camp Babymouse by Jennifer L. Holm is part of the Babymouse series. This set of books is graphic novels all based upon this mouse and the different adventures and things/events that happen day to day. I think that Jennifer Holm did a great job with these books and Camp Babymouse in particular. Graphic novels are a great tool for teachers to use in order to get students interested in reading, the students don't realize that they are reading an actual novel because of all the pictures that are inc...more
Dolly
May 23, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the sixth book in the Babymouse series by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm. The plot centers on Babymouse's adventures at sleepover camp. She isn't very successful at first at being a camper and I like that the ending is somewhat realistic, despite her eventual success. Her imagination runs wild, as usual, and she imagines herself in many different and fantastic scenarios. The cartoonish illustrations are filled with black, white and lots of pink and are typical for the series.

Our youn...more
Mallory Dreiling
In Camp Babymouse,Babymouse is going to Sleep away camp and trying to make her summer the best one yet. But so far nothing is going right for Babymouse. Everyone in her camp does not like Babymouse because she is messing up their team points! But will Babymouse turn her frown up side down?
This is my first Babymouse book and I really liked it! Babymouse heads to Camp Wild Whiskers, "where girls go to get lost!" And everything goes wrong. She makes a mess of her smores, loses points for her Cabin, annoys her new camp friends, and burns down the woods. But fortunately, Babymouse gets it together and manages to be a hero for the day.

The story was straightforward but engaging. My favorite parts were those that involved exaggeration and hyperbole. Babymouse has the top bunk in the cab...more
Rebecca
Poor Babymouse. I love that she is so persevering even in the midst of everything going wrong. She keeps trying and redeems herself, even if it doesn't all end up happily ever after. She has a good time and finds her worth in the group.
Ann Moody
Super fast read (less than one hour) and tons of fun. Graphic novels geared toward girls but no reason boys can't enjoy them as well.
Beatrix
This is a great book for girls and some boys too, from ages 7-12. I like all Babymouse books, but this is my favorite! On every page you find yourself
laughing at her thoughts, dreams and more. Even though it's a quick read, I am always checking it out of the library. My favorite character is The Narrator
because he is always making Babymouse angry or embarassed. The best part is the illustrations of her daydreams.I hope you get too read it too!
Abby Johnson
Babymouse is back and this time she's going to sleepaway camp for two weeks. Babymouse is certain she's going to be a great camper, but what happens when she has no friends and is terrible at every camping activity she tries? The incomparable Babymouse will find a way to win everyone over... or will she?? Another spirited and imaginative offering from the Babymouse team, it made me nostalgic for summer camp (and I didn't even really like camp!).
Dana
This series is too cute. The graphics go from mostly white and black (when Babymouse is in the "real world") to colored pink (when Babymouse is daydreaming). My girls LOVE these books! The author/illustrator team have also created a new graphic novel series aimed towards boys called Squish. Squish: Super Amoeba
jacky
Natalie was so jealous I read this without her. Looks like I might have to reread the series aloud to her.
John Howell
Camp Babymouse is a cute graphic novel with the potential to hook any reluctant reader. Babymouse does her best to try and fit in and make friends while at camp but unfortunately this doesn't happen easily. Her brilliant imagination keeps the book light hearted but a few of my students needed help recognizing the King Kong and Moby Dick references. All in all - a quick and humorous read for a fifth grader.
Stacey
I enjoyed reading this to Caleb poolside. Lately the kids have been talking about going to camp summer 2013. Eli and Emma are telling Caleb what it will be like. So, he was assuming everything in Camp Babymouse will be true of Camp Sandy Cove. Fortunately it is not all exactly like babymouse, and he will not have to wash tons of dishes, but he will drink bug juice! Fun book-- typical.
Ashley
2007 - Picture Book

In this graphic novel, we are given another adventure of Babymouse. Babymouse is going to camp and has high expectations of her role as Scout Babymouse. Unfortunately, Babymouse just can't get things right, and camp is a lot harder than she thought it would be. This is a funny quick read. I could see why students would like it.
Rhonda
May 22, 2009 Rhonda rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rhonda by: Katie McElhaney
Shelves: read-2009
Babymouse is a 9 year old rodent who goes to school and plays like a regular girl. She has an active fantasy life that always gets her into trouble, making her late to class and dreamy when she needs to pay attention. We see her adventures along with her friend Wilson Weasel and archenemy, the popular Felicia Furrypaws. A fun easy read graphic novel.

Sandra
Another winner in Camp Babymouse #6! This one had me hooked from the very first page: "The wilderness. The most savage place on Earth." Simply hilarious from start to finish!! Jennifer and Matthew Holm are so talented! We get to see some interesting things happen to Babymouse's whiskers in this installment! Don't miss it!! :) I give it 5 out of 5 YUPIs! :>
Lilly
Camp Babymouse is about Babymouse going to Sleep away camp and trying to make her summer the best at sleep away camp. But so far nothing is going right for Babymouse. Everyone in her camp so far does not like Babymouse because she is messing up their teem points! But will Babymouse turn her frown up side down?
Angie
See, in this one Babymouse doesn't give up. She perseveres through her obstacles. That's awesome.

Plus? She feels about camp pretty much like I did. Allergic to lake water. Didn't like messy hair. Food is not so great. Not overly coordinated. I can relate. :]

Cynthia
Babymouse is brave enough to go to camp, but her actions cause her team to get a plethora of demerits. Luckily, she pulls her act together to help them win a competition and their friendship. Unfortunately, it is not enough to make up for all the demerits.
Georgina
i liked when she won the scavenger hunt. i thought it was a good book. there is one problem with baby mouse, there's always the same problem. whenever she tries to do something, she starts daydreaming! and she doesnt do it right! focus babymouse!
Abi
Babymouse - at sleep away summer camp! With the bugs and outhouses!

The setting allows the Holm siblings to play with new visuals and new characters (I loved Susie the skunk) and for Babymouse to break outside of her comfort zone.
Hannah Cobb
If you need a graphic novel for a second-grade girl, this is it! Pink, spunky, fashion-conscious Babymouse blazes a disaster-strewn trail through her summer camp, but in the end she saves the day and makes some special friends.
Elyshia Schafer
It was a good book for maybe 7 years old and up. Very simple reading, but a good book for struggling readers. I didn't like the simplistic illustrations, but it is for young readers so they probably won't mind.
Harper
I tried to check out every single one of the Babymouse books that the library had, but my mom would only let me get half because she couldn't carry them all and she was worried about library fines. So I could #4-12.
Meredith
Babymouse's imagination was in overdrive in this book, and I loved every second of it. In this installment, Babymouse goes to camp. I missed Wilson, and it seemed weird without Felicia, but it was still fun.
Kristin
This was my first experience with Babymouse, and I am just tickled pink! I now understand all of the Babymouse buzz, and she is not typical. I know many of my students who will eat these books right up!
Inge
Maybe if I were in 2nd grade this would have rocked my world. It was too hyper and pink, even for me. I can't believe this is the same person who wrote "Penny from Heaven"...She's very versatile.
  • Lunch Lady and the Picture Day Peril (Lunch Lady, #8)
  • Bird & Squirrel on the Run
  • Salt Water Taffy, vol. 1: The Legend of Old Salty
  • Fashion Kitty
  • Sticky Burr: Adventures in Burrwood Forest (Sticky Burr #1)
  • Hamster and Cheese
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 1: The Whole World's Crazy (Amelia Rules! #1)
  • Owly, Vol. 3: Flying Lessons
  • Binky to the Rescue
  • Giants Beware!
  • How Mirka Met a Meteorite (Hereville #2)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Menace
  • The Dragon Players (Knights Of The Lunch Table, #2)
Jennifer L. Holm is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling children's author and the recipient of three Newbery Honors for her novels OUR ONLY MAY AMELIA, PENNY FROM HEAVEN, and TURTLE IN PARADISE.

Jennifer collaborates with her brother, Matthew Holm, on two graphic novel series -- the Eisner Award-winning Babymouse series and the bestselling Squish series. She is also the author of several other highly pra...more
More about Jennifer L. Holm...
Turtle in Paradise Queen of the World! (Babymouse, #1) Penny from Heaven Our Only May Amelia (May Amelia, #1) Super Amoeba (Squish, #1)