Start by marking “Less Than Heroes” as Want to Read:
Less Than Heroes

Less Than Heroes

2.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  43 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
In the city of Philadelphia there is a tall building at 18th and Market Streets atop of which lives four individuals. They are the official protectors of the city. Their job is to be around when traditional law enforcement fails. But are they really heroes? Meet Philadelphia's contracted super-hero team, Threshold. A quartet more interested in milk and cookies than crime a ...more
Published July 13th 2004 by Top Shelf Productions (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Less Than Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Less Than Heroes

Mario
May 11, 2014 Mario rated it liked it
This review originally appeared on my blog, Shared Universe Reviews.

I appreciated Less Than Heroes more than I liked it. It is very good though. It’s unfortunate but my lack of enjoyment can be largely attributed to my distaste for the art. I’ll get to that later though. Yurkovich mentions in an essay collected in the back of the trade paperback that he’s a fan of superhero comics of the Silver and Bronze age. That’s were a lot of the inspiration came from. When reading the comic I also got th
Gareth
Sep 03, 2015 Gareth rated it liked it
Interesting art, and a story that wobbles between absurd spoof and confusing mess. Overall I liked it, but I'm not sure why.
Cesar Gerardo
Jan 04, 2015 Cesar Gerardo rated it it was amazing
I dont know why people dont get this book, its funny as hell and brings me back the feeling of the 90's and 2000's. Its not the perfect superhero book, its really short and it doesnt have a solid long term story, its more like a recopilation of shorter stories, wich could be annoying because it left a lot of questions pending.

As I said, its a great book, with really good jokes but also great serious and dark reflections. The art is also really good, I liked yourkovich's style, it's always great
Nick
This surreal tale wanders between spoof and nightmarish confusion, as the "heroes" of Philadelphia fight crime with super-powers both real and imaginary, and find themselves trapped in a postage stamp, among other odd situations.
I didn't care much for the artist's visual style, but the story was strange enough that I couldn't put it down. It kept me turning the pages, wanting to see what weirdness would come next.
Brandy
Mar 30, 2007 Brandy rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, 2007reads, adult
A superhero spoof graphic novel. I didn’t particularly care for it—-I found it to be kind of disjointed, like it was mostly written as an excuse to throw in one-liners here and there, rather than telling a funny story.
B-honey
Nov 06, 2008 B-honey rated it liked it
It took a little bit to get into this book, but it ended up being a lot of fun. However, the art work was at times confusing. Overall, pretty darn funny.
Richard Sliwinski
Richard Sliwinski rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was ok
May 28, 2016
Robert Marsh
Robert Marsh marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
DaBuddhaPalm
DaBuddhaPalm rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Yashvir Dalaya
Yashvir Dalaya rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Ana Sofia Correia
Ana Sofia Correia marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Rebecca Lavelle
Rebecca Lavelle marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Allen Rubinstein
Allen Rubinstein marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Ellen Mellor
Ellen Mellor rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Jared
Jared added it
Jan 21, 2016
Tim
Tim rated it did not like it
Oct 26, 2015
Lexi Moralez
Lexi Moralez marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Byron  'Giggsy' Paul
Byron 'Giggsy' Paul rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2015
Katie Daniels
Katie Daniels marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Colten
Colten rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2015
Matt Piechocinski
Matt Piechocinski rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
Joshlynn
Joshlynn rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Chris Pfeiffer
Chris Pfeiffer rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2015