Start by marking “Less Than Heroes” as Want to Read:
Less Than Heroes

Less Than Heroes

2.82 of 5 stars 2.82  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In the city of Philadelphia there is a tall building at 18th and Market Streets atop of which lives four individuals. They are the official protectors of the city. Their job is to be around when traditional law enforcement fails. But are they really heroes? Meet Philadelphia's contracted super-hero team, Threshold. A quartet more interested in milk and cookies than crime a ...more
Published July 20th 2004 by Top Shelf Productions (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Less Than Heroes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Less Than Heroes

This review originally appeared on my blog, Shared Universe Reviews.

I appreciated Less Than Heroes more than I liked it. It is very good though. It’s unfortunate but my lack of enjoyment can be largely attributed to my distaste for the art. I’ll get to that later though. Yurkovich mentions in an essay collected in the back of the trade paperback that he’s a fan of superhero comics of the Silver and Bronze age. That’s were a lot of the inspiration came from. When reading the comic I also got th
Interesting art, and a story that wobbles between absurd spoof and confusing mess. Overall I liked it, but I'm not sure why.
Cesar Gerardo
I dont know why people dont get this book, its funny as hell and brings me back the feeling of the 90's and 2000's. Its not the perfect superhero book, its really short and it doesnt have a solid long term story, its more like a recopilation of shorter stories, wich could be annoying because it left a lot of questions pending.

As I said, its a great book, with really good jokes but also great serious and dark reflections. The art is also really good, I liked yourkovich's style, it's always great
This surreal tale wanders between spoof and nightmarish confusion, as the "heroes" of Philadelphia fight crime with super-powers both real and imaginary, and find themselves trapped in a postage stamp, among other odd situations.
I didn't care much for the artist's visual style, but the story was strange enough that I couldn't put it down. It kept me turning the pages, wanting to see what weirdness would come next.
A superhero spoof graphic novel. I didn’t particularly care for it—-I found it to be kind of disjointed, like it was mostly written as an excuse to throw in one-liners here and there, rather than telling a funny story.
It took a little bit to get into this book, but it ended up being a lot of fun. However, the art work was at times confusing. Overall, pretty darn funny.
Lexi Moralez
Lexi Moralez marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Katie Daniels
Katie Daniels marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
J. marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Mark Johnson
Mark Johnson marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Filipe Alves
Filipe Alves marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014