Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 18 ” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 18

Skip Beat!, Vol. 18 (Skip Beat! #18)

4.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,252 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
R to L (Japanese Style)

Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!

Kyoko hasn't had a Love Me Section job in a while, and this newest assignment is pushing her limits. She's now th
Published May 5th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 19th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 18

Selena
I love you Kyoko. I love you so much.
Rema
Aug 11, 2015 Rema rated it it was amazing
Oh my god I freaking love this manga!! If I've never stated that before, I admit it here. This volume kept me smiling and laughing throughout the whole thing. I can't help gushing over it. While reading the manga I was in a bubble of happiness that my family's arrival nor my coach's phone call could even pierce it. So the more I discover of Kuu's (the actor that Kyoko has to take care of that I previously called bratty and other things) character, the more intrigued I am. Clearly there's some co ...more
Rachel
Mar 22, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
This series is weird because it's about people in showbiz, like actors and singers, and I really enjoy it but at the same time I wonder how much is accurate. I mean, there are obvious things that are completely made up, like the president's eccentricity, but different methods they use to act and things they do to practice acting. As a could-be-potential-aspiring-actress I find it very interesting but at the same time I'm not sure what to make of it. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep reading and en ...more
Katie
Dec 28, 2015 Katie rated it it was amazing
see full review @ Katie's Corner

Review covers 151 chapters

Hello, everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I’m continuing with Skip Beat! reviews, and trust me you don’t want to miss any of events I’ll covering in today’s reviews. We get to meet new characters, and some old ones will be acting a bit crazy. And this time, again the story focuses on Kyoko, Ren and some of the times on Shou. As always before I start let me make a list of what I’ll be covering:

· Beagles Appear!!!
· Trouble
Sheila
Aug 28, 2013 Sheila rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shoujo
Rach
Oct 25, 2010 Rach rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010, manga
This was another re-read, to catch up on this series before heading on to the newest volumes. Kyoko is one of my favorite manga characters because she is so endearing, but still so messed up. One of the main foci of this volume is the relationship between parent and child. Kyoko never had a loving relationship with her parents, and so when called upon to act one out, she doesn't really have a frame of reference to draw from, and is at a loss. I love the interaction between Kyoko and Koo because ...more
Penny
Jan 15, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read, manga
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Jul 03, 2012 Alison (AlisonCanRead) rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
At the end of the last volume, we were introduced to Koo Hizuri, a famous actor who has returned to Japan from Hollywood. Kyoko is his assistant and slave. He rants and raves and treats Kyoko like dirt. Now we find out why. It's an assignment from the president of Kyoko's talent agency. Hizuri tells the president that he feels sorry for Kyoko, but he has to keep acting horribly towards her. The whole point is to get Kyoko to complain about Hizuri to Ren. We discover why later.

But as is always th
Julie
Mar 10, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
This was such an adorable volume. Getting Kyoko to play Kuon was side a nice touch. I hope we get to see some flashback of the real Kuon eventually. I'm also loving the relationship that's blossoming between Kyoko and Kuu. It makes me all the more curious about Kyoko's real mother.
Lauren
Feb 21, 2015 Lauren rated it really liked it
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
Ifurita
Jan 17, 2010 Ifurita rated it it was amazing
Alyssa
Apr 25, 2014 Alyssa rated it it was amazing
I love this series <3
Starbubbles
May 04, 2009 Starbubbles rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I always feel special when I get books "early." lol. Anyway...
Kyoko has gotten herself into a mess again, trying to reject all of her acting offers, being forced to act as a teenage boy, etc. 19 was set up beautifully for Ren to be the focus for at least a chapter or two. Ah, which is lovely. I'll probably re-read the series again instead of doing my homework. It's just that good. This particular book wasn't one of my favorites though. But like I said earlier, it seemed like a set-up for 19 to b
Susan Treat
Mar 02, 2014 Susan Treat rated it it was amazing
GOOD BOOK LOVED IT
Karen
Mar 05, 2016 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, manga, favorites
Ah! The suspense is killing me. (Plus, Corn is dreamy. =P)
Reader17 Der
Oct 25, 2010 Reader17 Der rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
This is still one of my All time favorite Series!! LOVE IT!! In this volume Kyoko is now a personal assistant for Koo Hizuri. While being this personal assitant she has to try and create a boy and stay in this role while she is with him. Kyoko has to figure out what kind of character this boy should be.

In this volume there is a major surprise that relates to Ren. I will not give any spoilers but if you love Skip Beat this is a must read volume!!
Sammie
Mar 27, 2016 Sammie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy
It was so good ,this series is so funny.
M. Rajab Al-mukarrom
--baca ulang--

Kyoko kadang nggak paham sehebat apa dia dalam berakting.
tapi itulah dia yang saya suka, hebat tapi tetap rendah hati (atau malah namanya pesimis duluan?).

saya sangat mengagumi ayah Ren, Ku, karena beliau memang sosok ayah yang menyenangkan.
saya juga kagum melihat akting Kyoko sebagai Kuon. lucu sekali.
Sara
Dec 27, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
Oooo So we're finally meeting that person, eh? And that person has actually taken a liking to Kyouko and is mentoring her. I don't know how much practice in character creation she needs, though... This lesson seemed more than a little redundant. Anyway, I want to see more of the backstory between that person and Ren.
Morgan
Dec 27, 2013 Morgan rated it liked it
Interesting developments. Expected a little more revealing but a lot can be assumed by the way the characters are reacting. Not as compelled to keep reading after this one but I might read on.
Jeffrey
Aug 18, 2009 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
This book is wonderfully set-up by the presence of Koo, a figure from Ren's past who assigns Kyoko a homework assignment that goes amusingly, although somewhat disturbingly, awry in Kyoko's own implacable way. One of my favorite volumes of the series so far.
Dev
Jun 19, 2009 Dev rated it it was amazing
This is such a drama filled story. I love it. :) The introduction of Koo is great. I think I know who he is related to Ren's past. This story always gets me excited when I read it. Hopefully the next volume comes out soon.
Kristine Hansen
Jun 29, 2015 Kristine Hansen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
And now Kyoko has become a boy. Loving this new storyline completely. Waiting for everyone to realize what the reader does already.
B.B.
Jan 29, 2012 B.B. rated it really liked it
Paula
Jul 15, 2009 Paula rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-books
gah!!! must have more now!!! translate faster please. i can't wait to find out how this series ends. also would be nice if someone would license this for release in the US soon.
scarlettraces
Jul 02, 2009 scarlettraces rated it it was amazing
Viz seems to have slowed down their releases for Skip Beat, which makes me sad (i've never worked out their system, just that it was related to shojo beat somehow). i need regular doses.
Amy Gideon
Oct 28, 2012 Amy Gideon rated it really liked it
For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Priscilla
Jan 13, 2013 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
I wonder what happen in the past between ren and his father. His father doesn't seem like a bad person. I really like him.
Susan
Jan 01, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: shojo_manga, humor
Ren's dad didn't turn out to be as bad as I feared. It's nice to see Kyoko developing as an actress.
Shalene
May 30, 2011 Shalene rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
My favorite manga series! Cute, witty, innocent, and downright hysterical. :)
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 21 (Hana-Kimi, #21)
  • Red River, Vol. 12 (Red River, #12)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 14 (Ouran High School Host Club, #14)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 10 (Beauty Pop, #10)
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 39 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01