Start by marking “Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)” as Want to Read:
Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)

Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #15)

With more than two million copies sold, READY, FREDDY! is a huge success with first-grade readers!

It's a Thanksgiving disaster for Freddy Thresher! When his first-grade class begins planning the annual Thanksgiving play, everyone will have a role. Freddy's friends are all happy to be Pilgrims and Indians, but there is one part that nobody wants to be-the turkey! Freddy hop
Published September 1st 2008 by The Blue Sky Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble

Bryan Sermeno
Apr 22, 2010 Bryan Sermeno rated it did not like it
I kind of liked this book because it was kind of sad...SIKE!I'm just kidding but anyways its about this lil kid that is having athanksgiving thingy with his class and they had to pick parts by picking it out of the hat so this kid named freddy was worried dat he might get tha turkey part and that everybody was gonna make fun of him. she said you get wat you get and you dont get upset and so finally the day came and they had to pick their parts and guess wat da kid gets........da TURKEY!!!!!@!!!! ...more
Terry
May 29, 2009 Terry rated it liked it
I tend to pick up the books in this series when the library doesn't have books in the other few early chapter book series that I read. The main character, Freddy, is amusing, though I'm not a fan of his parents, particularly his obsessively tidy mother (she was less annoying in this book than in some others). The story in this book had a good message, and I always like trying to find the word FIN somewhere in the illustrations. All in all, I thought this was one of the better in the series. Reco ...more
Rachel
Dec 16, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
There aren’t many children’s books with a Thanksgiving theme so I was happy when my daughter brought this book home from her school’s library. She’s five years old and loves the Ready Freddie book series. This book was a fun book for us to read together. The only thing I don’t like is that some of the kids call each other names. I was worried that my daughter would start calling her brothers those names, but luckily she didn’t. This is a great middle grade series for both boys and girls.
Nancy
Nov 18, 2011 Nancy rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
The previous first grade teacher (who retired)had this in her stash of books, so I decided to read it to my class. It was OK. A little too much name calling for my taste, but a couple of good lessons.
Emily
Apr 07, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
This would be a great book for first and second graders. This chapter book has minimal pictures, but still allows students to enjoy the book. Part of the "Ready, Freddy!" reading series, this would be a great book to have in the classroom for early readers.
Erica
Nov 09, 2013 Erica rated it it was amazing
The plot is very similar to Marc Brown's Arthur's Thanksgiving - Freddy gets the dreaded role of the Thanksgiving turkey. My 6 year-old loves this series.
Teresa
Recommended by second grandson as BWB challenge of a book recommended by someone 30 yr younger or older.
Willow
Mar 23, 2016 Willow rated it it was amazing
I like how he solved his problem.
Ella
Feb 06, 2015 Ella rated it really liked it
it was a good book and I really liked it!!!!!!!
Emily
Dec 04, 2013 Emily rated it it was ok
Fine read aloud. Probably won't make it a yearly tradition or anything.
Jessica
Dec 19, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
This would be good to demonstrate a play with your classroom. It's good to use to discuss pilgrims, and then have the students themselves perform a play for their parents!
Seth
Apr 27, 2014 Seth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: by-myself
Suzzie teased Freddy about being the turkey that it was a bad part but it wasn't Freddy figured out to be a dancing turkey by the principal.
Kerry
Apr 21, 2015 Kerry rated it it was ok
Read with my 6yo son.
Krista
Dec 02, 2015 Krista rated it liked it
My second graders enjoyed Freddy!
Katherine
Dec 31, 2008 Katherine rated it it was ok
Okay, Ready, Freddy was neither as good nor as lame as I thought it would be. Klein doesn't quite seem to have a handle on children here, but kids would still read it.
Adaliza Flores
Apr 10, 2009 Adaliza Flores marked it as to-read
This book looks interesting to me.
Christi
May 12, 2009 Christi rated it liked it
Shelves: thekids
My girls really liked it... PB (6) moreso than Mei Mei (3.5). I think we will have to look into more Ready Freddy books.
Leslie
Jun 07, 2014 Leslie rated it liked it
Shelves: books-with-reid
Reid is my reader.
we take turns with each page and I love hearing the inflections in my sons voice.

if you have a 1st/2nd grader the Freddy books are a must.
Melynne
Nov 14, 2016 Melynne rated it liked it
This was a great read aloud for my first grade class! They loved it!
Lucy
Feb 12, 2016 Lucy added it
its about Freddy's first grade class is getting ready for a play for Thanksgiving and he want to have a cool part in the play.
Sarah rated it liked it
Jun 30, 2012
Ella
Ella rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2017
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Cathy Li
Cathy Li rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2012
Noah
Noah rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2016
Shahrbano
Shahrbano rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2009
Levi L-A
Levi L-A rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Abbyloulou
Abbyloulou rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2017
Miya Gordon
Miya Gordon rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Kareena
Kareena rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • The Scary Snake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #17)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Thanksgiving Thief (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #16)
  • Horrible Harry Goes to Sea
  • Gooney the Fabulous (Gooney Bird Greene)
  • April Adventure (Calendar Mysteries, #4)
  • Lucy Longwhiskers Gets Lost (Magic Animal Friends #1)
  • Thanksgiving Mice!
  • Sophie the Hero (Sophie Miller Series #2)
  • Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest (Arthur Chapter Book, #4)
  • Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I]
  • Thanksgiving Rules
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • It's Thanksgiving
  • What Moms Can't Do
  • The Case of the Library Monster
  • Ben Franklin and the Magic Squares
Abby Klein was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She earned her teaching credentials at Dartmouth College, where she majored in psychology and education. She then went on to earn her master's degree in reading and language development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

Currently she teaches in the same public elementary school she attended as a child in the Los Angeles area. She
More about Abby Klein...

Ready, Freddy! (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4)
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Super-Secret Valentine (Ready, Freddy!, #10)