Start by marking “Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)” as Want to Read:
Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy!, #15)

Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #15)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  14 reviews
With more than two million copies sold, READY, FREDDY! is a huge success with first-grade readers!

It's a Thanksgiving disaster for Freddy Thresher! When his first-grade class begins planning the annual Thanksgiving play, everyone will have a role. Freddy's friends are all happy to be Pilgrims and Indians, but there is one part that nobody wants to be-the turkey! Freddy hop
Published September 1st 2008 by The Blue Sky Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thanksgiving Turkey Trouble

Bryan Sermeno
I kind of liked this book because it was kind of sad...SIKE!I'm just kidding but anyways its about this lil kid that is having athanksgiving thingy with his class and they had to pick parts by picking it out of the hat so this kid named freddy was worried dat he might get tha turkey part and that everybody was gonna make fun of him. she said you get wat you get and you dont get upset and so finally the day came and they had to pick their parts and guess wat da kid gets........da TURKEY!!!!!@!!!! ...more
Terry
I tend to pick up the books in this series when the library doesn't have books in the other few early chapter book series that I read. The main character, Freddy, is amusing, though I'm not a fan of his parents, particularly his obsessively tidy mother (she was less annoying in this book than in some others). The story in this book had a good message, and I always like trying to find the word FIN somewhere in the illustrations. All in all, I thought this was one of the better in the series. Reco ...more
Emily
This would be a great book for first and second graders. This chapter book has minimal pictures, but still allows students to enjoy the book. Part of the "Ready, Freddy!" reading series, this would be a great book to have in the classroom for early readers.
Leslie
Reid is my reader.
we take turns with each page and I love hearing the inflections in my sons voice.

if you have a 1st/2nd grader the Freddy books are a must.
Seth
Suzzie teased Freddy about being the turkey that it was a bad part but it wasn't Freddy figured out to be a dancing turkey by the principal.
Ella
it was a good book and I really liked it!!!!!!!
Kerry
Read with my 6yo son.
Nancy
The previous first grade teacher (who retired)had this in her stash of books, so I decided to read it to my class. It was OK. A little too much name calling for my taste, but a couple of good lessons.
Jessica
This would be good to demonstrate a play with your classroom. It's good to use to discuss pilgrims, and then have the students themselves perform a play for their parents!
Katherine
Okay, Ready, Freddy was neither as good nor as lame as I thought it would be. Klein doesn't quite seem to have a handle on children here, but kids would still read it.
Erica
The plot is very similar to Marc Brown's Arthur's Thanksgiving - Freddy gets the dreaded role of the Thanksgiving turkey. My 6 year-old loves this series.
Christi
My girls really liked it... PB (6) moreso than Mei Mei (3.5). I think we will have to look into more Ready Freddy books.
Emily
Fine read aloud. Probably won't make it a yearly tradition or anything.
Adaliza Flores
Apr 10, 2009 Adaliza Flores marked it as to-read
This book looks interesting to me.
Mrs Grande
Mrs Grande marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Wang Esther
Wang Esther marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Ayanderson Taylon
Ayanderson Taylon marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Clerys Ferreira
Clerys Ferreira marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Elliott Winter
Elliott Winter marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Rohit
Rohit marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
kwesi
kwesi marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Thanksgiving Thief (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #16)
  • The Scary Snake Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #17)
  • Horrible Harry Goes to Sea (Horrible Harry, #15)
  • Gooney the Fabulous
  • April Adventure (Calendar Mysteries, #4)
  • The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)
  • Sophie the Hero (Sophie Miller Series #2)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Stella Batts Needs a New Name
  • Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (Judy Moody, #10)
  • Thanksgiving Mice!
  • The Case of the Library Monster
  • Arthur and the Crunch Cereal Contest (Arthur Chapter Book, #4)
  • Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #9: The US Capital Commotion
  • The Whale
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • Thanksgiving Rules
Abby Klein was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She earned her teaching credentials at Dartmouth College, where she majored in psychology and education. She then went on to earn her master's degree in reading and language development at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.

Currently she teaches in the same public elementary school she attended as a child in the Los Angeles area. She
More about Abby Klein...

Ready, Freddy! (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1)
  • The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2)
  • Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3)
  • Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4)
  • Talent Show Scardey-Pants (Ready, Freddy! #5)
  • Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)
  • Yikes Bikes! (Ready, Freddy!, #7)
  • Halloween Fraidy-Cat (Ready, Freddy! #8)
  • Shark Tooth Tale (Ready, Freddy!, #9)
  • Super-Secret Valentine (Ready, Freddy!, #10)
Tooth Trouble (Ready, Freddy! #1) Homework Hassles (Ready, Freddy!, #3) The King of Show-and-Tell (Ready, Freddy!, #2) Don't Sit On My Lunch! (Ready, Freddy!, #4) Help! A Vampire's Coming! (Ready, Freddy!, #6)