Start by marking “Doggone Love (Canine Cupids #1)” as Want to Read:
Doggone Love (Canine Cupids #1)

Doggone Love (Canine Cupids #1)

Solitary rancher Damon Carhart expects to spend the rest of his life alone. Then an injury to a beloved stock dog sends him to the nearest veterinary clinic for help. His crusty old veterinarian friend is away and, in his place, is a young doctor in whom Damon initially has no faith. Once he entrusts his canine friend to Eric Vann's care, however, everything begins to ...more
ebook
Published September 2007 by Amber Quill Press/Amber Allure (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Doggone Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Doggone Love

Lucy
Jul 21, 2011 Lucy rated it liked it
It started off promising, with Damon meeting the new vet, Eric, after his best dog, Dixie, is kicked and injured by a horse. They talk and are friendly after Damon realizes Eric knows how to treat animals. This is further explored when Eric calls to check on Dixie, and ends up at Damons ranch helping round up cattle.

So far, so good. After this, however, the story plummeted for me. Eric is invited in for dinner, cooked by Rosalind, Damons mother figure, in a way. This is when Eric finds out Rosa
Elisa Rolle
Damon is a modern rancher, who leads his work all alone with only the help of his Australian Sheperd. Dixie, his favourite Aussie, has an accident and Damon takes her to his old good vet. But instead of him, he finds Eric, a young handsome vet.

Eric is a good vet and he is single. He thinks to himself as a bi, but he knows that his forever soul mate will be a man. And he knows to have found him in Damon.

Damon is alone, he lives like an hermit in his ranch. No woman could possibly accept to shar
Alina
Apr 03, 2014 Alina marked it as just-comment
I thought these whole series were M/M and I bought them all together and thank God I looked at the blurb here more closely and saw it contains not just menage, but m/m/f menage and I don't read m/f! Deleted it from my kindle immediately and kind of lost interest in reading the other books in the series. Dunno, maybe I'll return to them someday, but this one is a surprise disappointment and it's sad, cause I love animals and I had big hopes for this dog-oriented series.
Melanie~~
Feb 15, 2013 Melanie~~ rated it it was ok
Something about this just didn't appeal to me. Maybe it was the chick. The relationship between Damon and Eric just didn't feel naturally formed.

Not sure I'm interested in reading any others of the Canine Cupid series.
Shanna
Sep 25, 2010 Shanna rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, under-100pgs
This was an OK short story. The writing was average and the characters weren't very well developed. The sex scenes were unoriginal and frankly a little boring. Good concept but not one that was executed very well.
Angelmira
Nov 16, 2010 Angelmira rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I like this... nice story, i have to skip the threesome (it´s not my cup of tea), but i like Eric and Damon together. :)
Shari
Shari rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Avril
Nov 03, 2013 Avril rated it did not like it
1.5
Serena Yates
Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2010
Malachi
Malachi rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2014
Gigi
Gigi rated it really liked it
May 29, 2014
Dudley Sneddly
Dudley Sneddly rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Kera
Kera rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Kris
Kris rated it did not like it
Aug 08, 2009
tiia
tiia rated it it was ok
May 12, 2012
Johanna
Johanna rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Amina
Amina rated it it was ok
May 26, 2014
jules0623
jules0623 rated it liked it
Nov 06, 2012
Perpetua
Perpetua rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2010
Claudia
Claudia rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2013
NancyM
NancyM rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2012
Ana
Ana rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2010
Juli
Juli rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2013
Babs Bunny
Babs Bunny rated it it was ok
May 18, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2014
Babs B
Babs B rated it it was ok
Dec 24, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2013
Idyrrlaon
Idyrrlaon rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2010
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Jan 10, 2014
Melhar
Melhar rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Deirdre O'Dare, who also writes milder (roughly PG-13 rated) romance as Gwynn Morgan, has loved reading and writing since early childhood. Writing came naturally to Deirdre/Gwynn, who scribed her first simple verse at age eight. An avid reader, she devoured hundreds of books while growing up and later as an adult. Somewhere along the way she found romance and then romance with more explicit and ...more
More about Deirdre O'Dare...

Canine Cupids (8 books)
  • The Maltese Terror (Canine Cupids #2)
  • Saved By Sam (Canine Cupids #3)
  • Rescued By Love (Canine Cupids #4)
  • Burrito Belle's Gringo Guy (Canine Cupids #5)
  • Schnickelfritz in Love (Canine Cupids #6)
  • Love Is Snowblind (Canine Cupids #7)
  • Canine TLC (Canine Cupids #8)