Start by marking “Lady of Light (Brides of Culdee Creek, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lady of Light (Brides of Culdee Creek, #3)

Lady of Light (Brides of Culdee Creek #3)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  1,121 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Infused with the same warmth and excitement of the two previous books in her popular Brides of Culdee Creek series, Kathleen Morgan's third book tells Evan MacKay and Claire Sutherland's story.
Heartbroken at losing his first love to another man, Evan leaves Culdee Creek in hopes of forgetting her. When his searching heart brings him to his ancestral home of Scotland, he e
Published October 1st 2007 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published April 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Lady of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady of Light

Lynell
Jul 24, 2009 Lynell rated it it was amazing
marriage requires trust, respect, and a deep abiding commitment p. 231;
there have been times I wanted to give up, turn my back on God, because following in His footsteps was so very hard. there were times when I felt as if He had deserted me, even betrayed me to my enemies. and I know there will be times like that again. each day I have to start anew, and hope my love for God will carry me through p. 231. (and look to God's promises that he will always be with me, never desert me - my comments)
Debbie Phillips
Sep 03, 2012 Debbie Phillips rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Married Christian women, as there are some mature topics in this series
This book is definitely for married women only or older ladies. I would not recommend this to unmarried young women because there are mature topics in this series. In spite of that I liked this book. It is a Christian book and even Christians have problems they have to deal with.

In this book the son of the owner of the Culdee Creek Ranch, running away from home, and looking for his family in Scotland. What he finds in Scotland is love. He brings his new wife home to America. He met his wife and
Emily-Jane Orford
This was fairly well done. I do believe that books in series should still stand on their own. This was the third book in the series and I'm not sure if the confusion at the beginning (which was finally resolved about a third of the way through the book) was because I hadn't read the first two books. Once I really got into the book, and understood some of the past, it was a fairly enjoyable read. Reviewed by Emily-Jane Hills Orford, award-winning author of "The Whistling Bishop" and "F-Stop: A Li ...more
Melody Nagel
Mar 15, 2015 Melody Nagel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Series book 3

All of these books keep your interest and have delightful story lines. The interaction of the characters and their faith, Grace and belief of God and his commandments are refreshing and delightful. The fact that the characters have fears and trust issues make them believable and relatable. I would recommend the whole series.
Ogz
Jul 26, 2013 Ogz rated it really liked it
Not my best in the series but I did gain a lot from the whole marriage scene. It taught me what to expect and pray for. However, I like the first book more, the character Abby intrigued me so much more and even Hannah than this character Claire. She seemed a little immature, well she just turned adult legally but still glad a lot of growing up, not the least was her husband, Evan.. I was not so much in love with that character too from the unset. Ian on the other hand was too insensitive and sel ...more
Mwizz
Jan 09, 2014 Mwizz rated it liked it
i loved this story because it was more focussed on the whol concept of maintainance of a marriage. and it didnt take long for the hro and heroine to hook up. ;)
basically all their marital issues streamed from one source...keeping secrets.
and by the end of the book all the beans are spilled so their marriage kinda falls apart.
she runs away(typical) and he runs after her(so cliche!) and they make up.
end of story.
atleast they didnt go through a long line of
''he loves me, he loves me not'', ''
Aerykah
Aug 12, 2015 Aerykah rated it it was ok
Sadly, I have to say that I'm disappointed. I really enjoyed the first two books in this series --- Daughter of Joy & Woman of Grace --- and (as well as I can remember) every other book I've read by Kathleen Morgan. This book, however, just could not keep my attention and interest. I hate to not finish a book, but I ended up "speed-reading" through most of it just so I could get the general idea of the story and finish it.
I'm reluctant to even try book four...
Tabby Kat
May 20, 2008 Tabby Kat rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kathleen-morgan
Claire Sutherland swore she'd never trust a man with her heart or her future. But from the first moment she meets Evan McKay, she feels strangely drawn to this man and the close ranch community he describes to her. After a whirlwind courtship, Evan and Claire journey to Colorado to begin a new life together as husband and wife. Though nervous about leaving the familiar Scottish highlands, Claire looks forward to being part of a real family for the first time. But when confronted with her husband ...more
Cathy Georgia
Jul 08, 2015 Cathy Georgia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic Christian Fiction

Read the whole series and loved it. Lots of characters to keep the story interesting. Some bad guys but Christian based.
Esther Prosper
Jun 12, 2014 Esther Prosper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Wow

great book awesome time reading could not put the book down I never knew christian fiction could be that good.

Perri Lee
May 02, 2015 Perri Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lady of Light

Good, compelling story of survival , secrets, and looking to God for answers. Enjoyable read, that I can recommend to others.
Lindsay
Jan 16, 2016 Lindsay rated it it was amazing
This book keep my interest throughout the whole book. I love how it tell that Evan travels to figure out his trouble and learns along the way. I really love it that it took him back to where his family had kin. It really tell me that Evan started to understand and grow up. Though he lost his first love it really was not real love that he was thinking of.

Claire learn to trust and not judge. She raises her little brother Ian. She makes some decision to marry and move with Evan back to his farm. Sh
Linda Shook
Sep 25, 2014 Linda Shook rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this series and I love the way Kathleen Morgan features the main characters in a book of their own. It's on to book 4.
Sunny Wilkins
Jun 01, 2014 Sunny Wilkins rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned
I'm looking forward to reading book 4
Bree
Jan 22, 2014 Bree rated it it was amazing
Shelves: word-ebooks
Good read about what happens after marriage and how previous events and lack of communication can cause trouble in a marriage
Connie Taylor
Aug 04, 2013 Connie Taylor rated it liked it
I'm sorry to say that I was disappointed in the third installment of the Brides of Culdee Creek series. The next generation characters of Claire, Evan, and Ian seemed a bit over the top at times and never felt connected to them. I did like the idea of combining the locations of Scotland and Colorado in the story. Am looking forward to reading the last story in this series.
Shirley McLain
Mar 20, 2011 Shirley McLain rated it it was amazing
I think I have enjoyed reading this book more than the other two. It could have been the fact it was set in Ireland and in Colorado. It had so much tension and drams and just kept me reading. The stories in this series are wonderful. There are a few grammar errors but for me is does not detract from the story. I can recommend this book to the massess.
Jan 10, 2014 Laura rated it it was amazing
Very good. I liked the part where Claire had her first church service when she arrived at her new home.
Sue Klasing
Love story that crosses the ocean.
Paula-O
Mar 29, 2011 Paula-O rated it liked it
Claire and Evan had a wonderful courtship time in Ireland and they married not long after meeting but they seemed to suit one another and tho their lives took a lot of work, the story and how it unfolds is a good one. I am ready for the next story of Culdee Cree Brides....
JoAnna Bethea
Sep 03, 2013 JoAnna Bethea rated it liked it
This book was a toss up for me. Beginning the story in a different country and culture kind of through me back. I enjoyed the transition into America and the forbidden romance with Ian and Beth, which added to the story line rather than making it one dementional.
Tammy
Nov 14, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it
This is a quick, easy read. It's a historical romance with a touch of inspirational fiction. This is the third in this series. I really liked the first two better, but this one was okay also. I plan to read the fourth in the series soon.
Apr 10, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Great book. I enjoyed it very much just like the previous books in the series. Kept meet interested and I felt like I knew the characters and the trials they were going through.
Christy Hall-scheufele
Jul 22, 2012 Christy Hall-scheufele rated it really liked it

An easy read. The story was realistic of living in those times. What it would have been like to move from Scotland to the united states.
Debby
Apr 30, 2011 Debby rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the series. Loved the change in Hannah from where she was forced to come from and who she became with God's love.
Nicole Ristine
Mar 19, 2012 Nicole Ristine rated it liked it
This book wasn't quite as good as the first two the characters were too clueless. but I still enjoyed reading it.
Cindy Huff
May 19, 2012 Cindy Huff rated it it was amazing
Taking the reader across the ocean to Scotland and back again was done flawlessly. Lady of Light did not disappoint.
Rachel
Mar 16, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: period-romance
Again, not much different of a story line from the other books but I'm still enjoying this series.
Christine
Oct 14, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
It not a bad book, but did enjoy the first two books in this series better than this one.....
Brenda Taylor
Nov 27, 2013 Brenda Taylor rated it really liked it
A sweet story about the power of love and forgiveness to overcome the difficulties of married life.
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • The Message on the Quilt (The Quilt Chronicles #3)
  • A Lady in the Making (Prairie Dreams, #3)
  • Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1)
  • Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams, #2)
  • A Log Cabin Christmas Collection
  • The Restitution (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #3)
  • Heart of Gold
  • The Outlaw's Return (The Women of Swan's Nest, #3)
  • Amethyst (Dakotah Treasures, #4)
  • California Brides
  • The Triumph of Grace (Grace in Africa, #3)
  • But For Grace
  • For Such a Time as This (Women of Hope #1)
  • Wind Dancer

Kathleen began her career writing contemporary romances and soon moved to historical and futuristic romances. She sold her first book, a futuristic romance, in April 1990 while stationed in Korea as an Army nurse. Additional romances soon followed, until she had sold a total of fifteen books in the general mark
More about Kathleen Morgan...

Brides of Culdee Creek (4 books)
  • Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek, #1)
  • Woman of Grace (Brides of Culdee Creek, #2)
  • Child of Promise (Brides of Culdee Creek, #4)