Start by marking “Table For Two (Great Chefs #1 & 2)” as Want to Read:
Table For Two (Great Chefs #1 & 2)

Table For Two (Great Chefs #1-2)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  4,874 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
Two delectable tales of romance from the best-selling author includes Summer Desserts, in which dessert chef Summer Lyndon, who is determined never to fall in love, finds herself tempted by her deliciously sexy boss Blake Cocharan, and Lessons Learned, in which publicist Juliet Trent is unexpectedly
Published November 1st 2002 by Harlequin Books (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Table For Two, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Table For Two

Faye
Read: June 2016

Table for Two is a two-in-one anthology of Nora Roberts’ Great Chefs duology. These are some of her earlier books. Book one; Summer Desserts was first published in 1985 and book two; Lessons Learned in 1986. Both stories are fairly dated by modern standards but still very enjoyable reads with a good plot and likeable main characters. It was pure escapism to pick up Table for Two and disappear for a few hours into 1980s America.

Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Nov 08, 2015 Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Δεν μπόρεσα να το τελειώσω, γι' αυτό το λόγο βάζω δύο αντί για ένα.
Cyrisse
Oct 17, 2008 Cyrisse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Table For Two proves a delectable gormandizing experience with two light-hearted Harlequin romance from Nora Roberts topped with her vast knowledge of Italian and French haute cuisine as a garnish.

Summer Desserts, the first story is about the fiercely independent French chef Summer Lyndon finding herself attracted to smarmy and suave hotelier Blake Cochran. Love conflicts with Summer's career and causes an avalanche of control issues in a dramatic high.

The more enjoyable fare turns out to be L
Judyw Winkleman
Dec 02, 2009 Judyw Winkleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
I have mostly read Fiction from Nora Roberts and was concerned these stories were listed as romance. Much to my surprise and delight, this was not what I would consider trashy romance, but more fiction with a great romance. They didn't really seem much different than most of her fiction work, and I loved them just as much.

I am a big fan of french cooking, and believe I also enjoyed the main characters being chefs. Nora delights me again and again. Never a bad story by this great author.
Feb 22, 2010 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A light read. Both books are rather old so the people smoke indoors, take knives and oils on airplanes, professional persons have to use payphones but if you can see pass that you have a soft and sweet summer read.

Both books are rather predictable and I found book 2, Lessons learned, more so. The hero, an Italian chef, was the fantasy of a Mediterranean male with his romance and lively hands but still, a good read for a lazy afternoon when you dont want to use your brain.
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
I gave Summer Desserts two chapters and I'm putting it down as I hate it. The two main characters are cold calculating people with no warmth to them whatsoever. After two chapters I could care less what happens to them so not going to waste my time finishing reading this.
Mom
Dec 29, 2010 Mom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-during-2010
So good -- I reeally liked the characters and hated for it to end.
Peggy
Jan 23, 2009 Peggy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book contains two of Roberts' stories. Both center around chefs and romance and mystery that comes into their lives. The reading is light and fun and typical Roberts' entertainment.
Christine
Oct 15, 2010 Christine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all women who enjoy romance novels
Recommended to Christine by: no one
What can I say its a Nora Roberts book. I read this a couple years of ago. And I still remember loving it. (:
Pupottina
Dec 06, 2013 Pupottina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ingrediente essenziale: l’amore, anche in cucina.

Nora Roberts riesce sempre ad intrattenere con stile e raffinatezza. Di questo libro, che intenerisce, fa sognare l’anima e il palato e riempie di gustosi sapori l’esistenza, cambierei soltanto il titolo, CUPCAKES A COLAZIONE, ritenendo più idoneo quello originale “Table for two”, ossia “Tavolo per due”. Infatti, sono due le storie racchiuse nel volume, edito da Harlequin Mondadori, e due sono i protagonisti legati all’universo, sempre più in voga
Jul 10, 2007 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: someone looking for summer mind-candy -- but well-written candy
Shelves: fiction
What I learned from this book:

1) If you're a good writer, you can make even the worst cliches entertaining as hell. I can't stand trite romances, and yet Nora Roberts has me giggling and taking an extra half hour for lunch so I can finish my book.

2) Reprints of novels written in the mid-eighties are amusing if only for the reminder of the days when one could take one's set of prized knives on an airplane (our Hero is a chef), takes one's own olive oil and vinegar on an airplane (our Hero is a ve
Sep 23, 2009 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Both books, written about food, the cooking and eating thereof, are delightful. Originally published separately in 1985 and 1986, they both demonstrate the finer points of Ms. Roberts writing style. There is little if no suspense but the emotions and issues the characters deal with are believable and provide the tension the reader has come to look for from Ms. Roberts. Also, I am coming to appreciate more and more the absence of the one-line paragraph that so many authors are succumbing to these ...more
Emmaa22
Apr 12, 2014 Emmaa22 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is two books in one and I would have rated it higher if they hadnt been so very very alike. I enjoyed the writing and the characters and separately would probably have liked them more. I understand that the characters overlap, but to my mind putting the two together is a mistake, as the plots and characters are practically identical. This does tend to come with the genre to an extent, but it's far too obvious here.
V Easy reading though, light and steamy, finished both in 24 hours.
Evelyn
Sep 23, 2008 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cute-romance, romance
A famous dessert chef gets the contract to design a new menu for a hotel and falls for the CEO. In the second story, a straight-laced publicist learns about love from an Italian chef while on tour with his new book.

Paperback format only Reprint of two early romances: Summer Desserts and Lessons Learned. Light, easy-to-read romance. Recommended.
Sep 23, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Love All of Nora Roberts Books. But This was great book. Loved the Characters and how different their lives was. But They Came to love one another.
Michelle Hanson
Apr 29, 2014 Michelle Hanson rated it it was amazing
I do enjoy reading Norma Roberts' books.
Janeka
Jun 02, 2015 Janeka rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Summer Desserts: 2,5 stars
Lessons Learned: 3 stars
Patricia Solla
Feb 27, 2017 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, donated
Two full length stories about two chefs who are long time friends. They have different romance relationships. The first storyline concerns a woman who is a world rebound pastry chef being wooed by a man in charge of a large hotel chain to establish a restaurant in one of his hotels. Of course, a romance ensues with a few surprises thrown in. The other storyline involves a famous Italian chef and the publicist who is doing the book tour for the chef's nee cookbook. Our chef, he's portrayed as the ...more
Maura
Dalimar
Solo lei la primera parte de esta serie de dos.Summer Dessert.Bueno en este libro tenemos a Summer,que es una pastry chef,super reconocida.Pero es mas terca que una mula.Demaciado obstinada.No cree para nada en el amor,ya que su mama que es una reconocida actriz,se ha casado innumerable cantidad de veces siempre sonando con el amor verdadero.Su papa le sigue los pasos a su mama en cuestiones de bodas.Debido a esto Summer no soporta la idea del amor y mucho menos la del matrimonio.Eso la impulsa ...more
ReginLaRadiosa
Feb 02, 2014 ReginLaRadiosa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recensione presente sul sito www.reginlaradiosa.it:

“Il romanticismo va bene per i libri e i film.”
“Il romanticismo va bene dappertutto. Dovresti provare vino, lume di candela e musica a basso volume. Concediti l’esperienza. Non ti farà male!”

Il libro racchiude due romanzi brevi pubblicati molto tempo fa con la collana Harmony: “Dolci incontri” e “Lezioni di cucina”.

Nel primo racconto la protagonista è Summer Lyndon, una famosa pasticcera che riceve una proposta di lavoro da Blake Cochran, sexy
Audel
Jul 05, 2015 Audel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
la force d'un regard

Raconté d'un point de vue omniscient avec une alternance entre un focus sur l'héroïne et un autre sur le héros.

Blake ne cherche pas forcément le grand amour ais il n'y est pas opposé pour autant. Au contraire de Summer qui fuit les relations amoureuses surtout quand celles-ci ont des allures de sérieux ! Sa carrière est sa seule priorité.

Ils vont vite se retrouver dépasser par les événements car leur histoire n'a rien d'une petit amourette passagère ni d'une aventure sans len
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Summer sentì la realtà allontanarsi da lei, ma non aveva alcun desiderio di fermarla.Avrebbe provato tutto ciò che doveva provare, sarebbe andata ovunque dovesse andare, purché Blake fosse con lei."

Ogni tanto mi viene voglia di leggere qualcosa a tema "culinario" e questo libro della bravissima Roberts ha centrato in pieno lo scopo, una lettura decisamente "gustosa" e romantica! ;D Dalla sinossi pensavo che le storie di Carlo e Summer fossero contemporanee e invece i due amici si spartiscono eq
Julie Barrett
Oct 09, 2012 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Table for Two by Nora Roberts
two books about chefs and romance in one.
Summer Desserts
Dessert chef Summer Linden falls in love with the owner Blake Coccoron, family owned hotels all over the world. He's got a proposition for her baking.
Perfection-she won't take anything but. It took her 3 hours to make that treat and she was used to doing that, traveling to make special treats for special high priced people.
He presented her with a challenge and then told her who he'd hire if she refused: an enemy
Sharon Eikenberry-Deary
Great Chefs series-Table of Two is about 2 chefs who met in Paris at cooking school. They became very good friends almost inseperable. Summer took off and was doing her pastry chef jobs where as Carlo would go and begin a resturant in Rome. They would meet up occassionally at special events where they would cook together. Summer was in Philadelphia was given an opportunity to remodel as well as set up the kitchen for the famous hotel chang. While doing so she fell in love with her boss but he wa ...more
Melwasul
Je pense que vous ne serez absolument pas surpris si je vous dis que j’ai craqué pour ce livre en grande partie à cause de sa couverture, un peu à cause du nom de l’auteur et à peu près autant pour le résumé (ça doit être du 60 % / 20% / 20%). Ayant découvert en farfouillant sur le net qu’il s’agissait en fait de deux romans de Nora Roberts déjà publiés il y a un certain temps mais avec de nouvelles traductions, je me doutais bien que cela ne serait pas du grand moment de lecture et en effet, ça ...more
Keerthi
May 08, 2012 Keerthi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the first story is about "summer" a chef who has specialized in desserts and is the most sought after around the world.she leads a high profile life but she doesnt stay in a hotel for more than a couple of days until blake cocharan the tycoon pins her down to his hotel as the chef.then romance starts between them.its a must read.
then the second is about summer's friend carlo who has specialized in italian food.he is a playboy.he starts on a tour with juliet she starts to fall for him but soon re
Jeanne
Apr 10, 2012 Jeanne rated it liked it
I picked 3 stars for the book overall, but might've been tempted towards 4 stars for the second story (just a way of saying: it's worth something between 3 and 4 stars). Both novels are standard category romance; Nora Roberts delivers competent story-telling, nothing more, nothing less. Summer Desserts struck me as stereotypical, while Lessons Learned is probably more original and interesting. I still like Roberts' heroines and how modern they sound even coming back from the 80's.
GONZA
Dec 12, 2013 GONZA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Era tanto che non leggevo due storie d'amore senza mostri, vampiri, sci-fi e visioni distopiche del futuro e mi sono anche ricordata perchè....Personalmente non mi fanno impazzire se non sono almeno ambientate nell'era Regency e inoltre queste due novelle che gli editori italiani hanno fatto uscire in un unico libro, risentono del peso degli anni, va bene che nessuno ha un cellulare o un personal computer, ma quando si mettono a fumare e a spedire telegrammi mi cala tutto il pathos....
Mandy Stewart
Jul 09, 2016 Mandy Stewart rated it really liked it
Table for two was a great book.It was really two books in one which was different.The first story "Summer Desserts" and the second story was "Lessons Learned".They were both great stories individually but I loved how the characters from the first story intertwined into the second.The Los Angeles Daily News said it best "Roberts is indeed a word artist, painting her story and her characters with vitality and verve."
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Suite 606 (includes In Death, #27.5)
  • Beautiful Dreamer
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Once Upon a Pillow
  • The Pirate (Ladies and Legends, #1)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • The Random House Book of Ghost Stories
  • These Boots Were Made for Strutting: And Stunning and Knocking 'em Dead
  • On Wings of Magic
  • Finders Keepers
  • Heartbreakers: Treat Her Right\Mr. November
  • Men of the West: Harden / Evan / Donavan
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Great Chefs (2 books)
  • Summer Desserts (Great Chefs, #1)
  • Lessons Learned (Great Chefs, #2)

“My greatest fear has always been to make a mistake.'
'Perhaps your greatest fear is your greatest mistake.”
3 likes
“I'm annoyed because he assumed I'd have dinner with him, then continued to assume I would even after I refused. It's a normal reaction.” 2 likes