Start by marking “I Shook Up the World: The Incredible Life of Muhammad Ali” as Want to Read:
I Shook Up the World: The Incredible Life of Muhammad Ali

I Shook Up the World: The Incredible Life of Muhammad Ali

4.29  ·  Rating Details  ·  7 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
I Shook Up the World is an illustrated tribute to Muhammad Ali written by his oldest daughter, Maryum. The book tells Ali’s story from the beginning to the present—how he started boxing, earned an Olympic Gold Medal, won the heavyweight championship, worked for civil rights, and made a principled stand against the Vietnam War. Ali’s trademark rhyming, a joy to him and the ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by Aladdin/Beyond Words (first published December 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about I Shook Up the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Shook Up the World

Nemi
Oct 15, 2015 Nemi rated it it was amazing
I love the way this story was written. It is beautifully illustrated and easy to read through. It is perfect for a younger audience or for anyone that is usually not a big fan of non fiction. You could feel the emotion seeping through the words as you read. I really enjoyed this quick read.
Phayvanh
Jun 24, 2008 Phayvanh rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: libraries
Recommended to Phayvanh by: library sale
Researching Ali, picked up this book at the latest library sale. We used to carry it at the bookstore I worked at. Written by his daughter, who assumes we know who Ali is, what boxing is (and how it differs from fighting in general) and why his life is so "inspiring".

This book is about as cardboard as the covers binding it. Illustrations, when modeled after photographs, are pale comparison, and when original are vague and half-hearted.

The most redeeming part of this book is the timeline at the e
Mrs. Tongate
A great read aloud for secondary students & adults. Loved that the chapters are in "Rounds." Nice illustrations and a detailed timeline.
Jacqueline
Jul 17, 2013 Jacqueline rated it liked it
Strange layout with art that is a bit too overly detailed for my tastes. Good for an introduction to Ali but not as a story time read aloud.
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Nayeli Brooks
Nayeli Brooks marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Bret
Bret added it
Dec 24, 2015
Ariah
Ariah added it
Dec 01, 2015
Adam Harvey
Adam Harvey rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2015
Nancy Kotkin
Nancy Kotkin marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
gaby
gaby rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Ryan
Ryan is currently reading it
Jan 10, 2016
Faith Allesi
Faith Allesi rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Tabres
Tabres added it
Jun 13, 2013
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
Usama Mahmood
Usama Mahmood marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2012