Start by marking “Beginning Programming for Dummies [With CDROM]” as Want to Read:
Beginning Programming for Dummies [With CDROM]

Beginning Programming for Dummies [With CDROM]

Do you think the programmers who work at your office are magical wizards who hold special powers that manipulate your computer? Believe it or not, anyone can learn how to write programs, and it doesn't take a higher math and science education to start."Beginning Programming for Dummies" shows you how computer programming works without all the technical details or hard prog ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by For Dummies (first published August 30th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Beginning Programming for Dummies [With CDROM], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginning Programming for Dummies [With CDROM]

Jan 04, 2010 Damon rated it liked it
I read this book to help form a base level of knowledge for some of the work I'm doing on an IT program. It was useful in introducing programming in several different languages and the commonalities between. Particularly good to have a very introductory view of C++ with BASIC equivalent alongside. But the final couple of chapters were clearly bolted on - the sections on HTML, Javascript, Java etc were rubbish, and clearly written as an update to the older 2001 edition. How can you write about HT ...more
Jul 18, 2012 Ali rated it really liked it
A very interesting guide to a topic many can see as boring. This book is not only full of information and tools but is also entertaining and funny! Also at the end of the day you can use this book as a context guide to different sections within basic programming. I recommend it a lot.
Matt Briggs
May 25, 2009 Matt Briggs rated it liked it
I don't now how many times I've tried to learn the basic concepts of computer programming. This book did the trick.
William Mckinney
Jun 01, 2015 William Mckinney rated it liked it
The writing in this book is effective because of the author's incorporation of sense of audience. This book can teach pretty much anyone how to code. The book's sense of audience is it's greatest strength, but the book lacks substance, and is basically a how-to. I would recommend this book to classmates willing to go through the process of learning programming skills. Now that I have read this book, I feel I can move on and learn coding online instead of reading more "Dummy" books.
Eryc Tri Juni S
Jun 24, 2014 Eryc Tri Juni S rated it really liked it
Shelves: fun-science
Code is fun especially when your teacher is crazier than usual. Learn code gonna show us how to think and finally gonna lead us how to make a decision. But don't turn your life into code. That's all.
Aug 12, 2010 Brian rated it liked it
Pretty basic stuff. Serves as a good intro, giving the flavor of a few languages, but is short on practical applications.
It's perfect for the first contact with machine. Just a quick read, don't spent a lot of time with this.
Sigurd Hoyer
Sigurd Hoyer rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2014
Ahmed Lotfy
Ahmed Lotfy rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2012
Bell Wolaver
Bell Wolaver rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Boris rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Jason Fleming
Jason Fleming rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Chad Pourciau
Chad Pourciau rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2014
Hanika rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2007
Paul rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2008
Vonn rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2010
David Luna
David Luna rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2012
gabriel dunn
gabriel dunn rated it it was ok
Mar 20, 2015
moise crawford
moise crawford rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Amanda rated it liked it
May 03, 2015
Joey Sullivan
Joey Sullivan rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2014
Barbara rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2012
Nick rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Katie rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2008
William Cody Winter
William Cody Winter rated it really liked it
Oct 13, 2015
Chinmay Vernekar
Chinmay Vernekar rated it it was ok
Oct 20, 2015
Hans Rasmus
Hans Rasmus rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2013
Dave Woodall
Dave Woodall rated it it was ok
Jan 14, 2008
Moid rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Beginning Programming with Java for Dummies
  • Creating Web Pages For Dummies
  • Java All-In-One for Dummies
  • iPod & iTunes For Dummies
  • PHP & MySQL For Dummies (For Dummies)
  • C++ For Dummies
  • Professional Software Development: Shorter Schedules, Higher Quality Products, More Successful Projects, Enhanced Careers
  • HTML 4 for Dummies
  • Code Reading: Open Source Perspective
  • Blogging for Dummies
  • Essential PHP Security
  • XML in a Nutshell
  • Data Modeling Essentials
  • Digital Photography for Dummies
  • Regular Expression Pocket Reference: Regular Expressions for Perl, Ruby, PHP, Python, C, Java and .NET
  • Design Patterns Explained: A New Perspective on Object-Oriented Design (Software Patterns Series)
  • Antipatterns: Refactoring Software, Architectures, and Projects in Crisis
  • Learning UML 2.0

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »