Start by marking “Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5)

Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery #6)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  1,071 ratings  ·  70 reviews
For Lucy Stone, the best thing about Christmas in Tinker’s Cove has always been the annual Cookie Exchange. But the usual generosity and goodwill is missing from this year’s event which turns out to be a complete disaster.

Petty rivalries and feuds that have long been simmering finally come to a boil, leaving a bad taste in the mouths of many guests, including Lee Cummings
Published October 7th 2014 by Kensington (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Cookie Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Cookie Murder

Bucket
Luffy Monkey D.
It happens sometimes that a book with a low score still carries an entertainment factor. The cozy mystery genre is littered with examples. The plot and solution to the mystery is the real letdown. Here in this case, the book was too serious, and it could have been better if the characters had been more facetious. There was not enough of Bill Stone, and of Zoe Stone, who I had vied as the main attraction. I feel short changed. But even if most cozy mysteries are low key affairs as this book turn ...more
melissa
Well. First impressions. I had a great deal of trouble relating to the main character. A mom in a small fishing town, with 4 children? No where near my life, but as I went, I found it wasn’t necessary to relate to Lucy Stone to enjoy the story. Set around Christmas time, Lucy is hosting this year’s cookie exchange, which was a great opportunity to get to know many of the characters. A humorous calamity (I won’t spoil the surprise for you) happens at the exchange, and we get to see many of the wo ...more
April
‘Tis the Season for merriment and murder compliments of Leslie Meier and her tasty twist of murder in Christmas Cookie Murder.

Lucy Stone has been around the block a time or two when it comes to solving unexpected crimes—much to the alarm of the local police and her family and friends. With Christmas around the corner, Lucy hopes for festive merriment and peace. However, when she decides to take on the annual Cookie Exchange, she gets anything but merriment and peace –topped with a murder of one
David Caldwell
Lucy Stone Mystery #6.

It is Christmas time in Tinker's Cove again. Lucy Stone is busy getting ready while keeping up with her part time job writing for the Pennysaver newspaper and getting her son to fill our his college applications. Lucy gets talked into hosting the annual cookie exchange but she didn't count on having to play referee to those who are attending. Then one of the women who came to the cookie exchange turns up dead. It is up to Lucy to figure out who the real killer is.

I don't kn
Cheryl Bradley
As always, it is a pleasure to return to Tinker's Cover and catch up with Lucy Stone once again.

Christmas is fast approaching and Lucy finds herself offering to host an annual Christmas cookie exchange to keep the tradition alive. The cookie exchange just serves to emphasize the friction between the women at the exchange. Lucy is doing her best to keep peace among the group, especially when Tucker Whitney, a new young coworker of Lucy's friend Sue at the childcare center shows up to the exchange
Paula
Lucy Stone is busy working for the Pennysaver newspaper as a reporter and getting ready for Christmas. It seems no one wants to have the annual cookie exchange this year so Lucy volunteers. As the guests arrive, rivalries start erupting. Sue brings her new assistant from the day care, Tucker, but Lee is upset because she and her husband have split and Tucker and her husband are supposedly having an affair. The exchange is getting tense when Lucy's roof falls in from a faulty bathroom. The next d ...more
Tabby Kat
The quiet town of Tinker's Cove, Maine is a place where everyone knows everyone else's business and doors or cars are never locked. It is Christmas time, but newspaper reporter Lucy Stone struggles with the season's spirit after an overflowing toilet drowned her cookie party. Lucy likes the newest female resident, Tucker Whitney, an assistant at the daycare center.

Before Lucy can truly pursue a friendship, Tucker is found strangled to death. All the townsfolk know that Tucker was having an affai
Anastasia
This is my first venture into this series, and I think I would like to read more. I've become kind of enamored of themed mystery series lately, and this one sounds like fun. I did figure out the killer early-ish, although the motive escaped me til the very end. Will definitely read more.
Tiffany-Rae Lowe
I was pleasantly surprised. This book was really good. Not sure where I got it from but thought that it was only going to be just ok. I really liked it. When it started to get a little dull BAM plot twist and it picked right back up. Cute read. Glad I chose it.
Danielle Wardak
I picked up this book at the library because of the quirky book cover. The ending was a bit predictable as I pretty much figured out "who done it" half way through the book. Overall it was a fun, light read during this busy holiday season.
Katherine
This book was a fun read, thought it was kind of slow and got off topic in a few parts, could have had more mystery but it was fun
Violet
Seasonal fluff. This was a fun read. Yes, I had to roll my eyed occasionally, but I wasn't reading it for intellectual stimulation.
Linda Fast
The "Christmas Cookie Murder" was a quick read which I was thankful for. It was not an exciting mystery but it had that hometown feeling to it.
The book takes place in Tinker's Cove, Maine right before Christmas and Lucy Stone, the towns newspaper reporter has a Christmas Cookie Exchange. The Cookie Exchange ends in disaster, cookies destroyed, hurt feelings and jealousy rear their ugly heads and then the new daycare helper is murder shortly after. Lucy Stone starts digging for clues and ends up
Susan
The young teacher's assistant at the Tinker's Cove preschool is murdered. Lucy Stone, part-time reporter, full-time wife and mother, is shocked, as she'd just met Tucker at the annual cookie exchange. Tucker had been dating the local dentist, who was separated from his wife; now he's the main suspect in the murder. As Lucy counts down to Christmas, she becomes aware of the growing problem with drugs and drink at the local high school. There's also trouble in the volunteer fire department. But no ...more
Christina
A very fun Christmas read. Just what I needed to break up the "1,001 Books You Must Read Before You Die" adventure. :)
Catherine
I really liked this book. It was short but good. If you like cozy mysteries read this book. Book 6 in the series.
Linda
This is a fun series, but this one seemed to be less focused than others and the ending somewhat contrived. Still worth an evening anyway.
Andrea
Full-time Mom, part-time reporter for her local paper and always curious amateur sleuth finds Lucy Stone herself in plenty of trouble and it all starts when her friend Sue asks if she will be the one to host the annual Christmas Cookie Exchange. Who is behind the murder of a new young woman in town, who is selling drugs to high school kids in Tinker's Cove, and how will Lucy solve it all in time for a Merry Christmas? Will our super sleuth save the day and help her teenage son Toby get his coll ...more
Wendy
I really enjoy the Lucy Stone mysteries. Probably more for the small town atmosphere and insight that we get into real life through Lucy's problems with her children and town. The actual mystery in this one was more of a backdrop of the story. This book focused more on small town life, problems faced with growing children, etc. I really enjoyed it, but worry about Lucy. She came closer this time to becoming a part of the murder mystery instead of just solving it.
Lindsay
This book was super cute. I was at the library the other day just looking around for anything that would catch my eye, and this did. I love Christmas and I like mysteries, so I figured, why not. It's part of a series where the average housewife always seems to get herself involved in a mystery. She reminded me of a down to earth Martha Stewart. I look forward to reading some more of her books.
Kate
This was a very fast read (took me a day and a half in the middle of the week!) but it was fun and I kept wanting to read just a little bit more, until finally I was finished! It had all the elements of a great Christmas cozy- murder, a cookie exchange, trimming the tree, a town tree lighting, etc. and really put me in the mood for Christmas! I liked this book a lot- the perfect holiday read!
Kathleen
I had a really hard time getting into this book. There really wasn't much mystery to solve - rather Lucy Stone just happens to put two and two together and be in the right place at the right time. I also had trouble with some of the reactions of characters in the book to politically correct type situations. I don't think I'll read this author again.
Bobbi
Dec 22, 2007 Bobbi marked it as consider-this-for-book-club  ·  review of another edition
A light cozy. There are others in this series of Lucy Stone mysteries: Mistletoe Murder, Tippy Toe Murder, Trick or Treat Murder, Back to School Murder, Valentine Murder, Turkey Day Murder, Wedding Day Murder, Birthday Party Murder, Father's Day Murder, Star Spangled Murder, New Year's Eve Murder, Bake Sale Murder, St. Patrick's Day Murder.
Kj
I do not know why I keep reading her books???

She does not do any investigating and always falls into solvong them or being caught. Very strange series and I keep thinking that something will change but no. I guess it is because they are cheap, easy reads because nothing else seems to be a draw. Yikes!!!!
Michele
so, I like the series, however....Is Bill an ass or a good husband? Are Lucy and Bill happily married or just roommates raising kids? I can't tell and if the story would stick in one vein, I'd be happier, but then again, who does have a marriage that's static and the same all the time?
Mary
Jun 20, 2008 Mary rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Mary by: found on shelves of the library
Cookie exchange for Christmas turns out bad for all. The new girl in town is murdered and Lucy Stone must find out who did it because the police have arrested the town dentist who is a cheat, but would not harm a fly. She seems to be one step ahead of the police on the search for the truth.
I
reviewing from phone is one of the hardest thing ever. i like this book, it makes me smile, here and there plus what could have gone wrong with christmas setting book though i never celebrate it and cookies! nothing could have gone wrong with cookies.

three and a half.
I enjoy Leslie Meier's books. Lucy Stone is a great character that is easy to relate too. I feel like we are friends as I watch her children grow and her life changes.
  • A Catered Christmas (A Mystery with Recipes, #3)
  • The Christmas Cookie Killer (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #3)
  • The Alpine Christmas (Emma Lord Mystery, #3)
  • Candy Cane Murder (Hannah Swensen, #9.5)
  • The PMS Murder (A Jaine Austen Mystery #5)
  • Going, Going, Ganache (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #5)
  • Keepsake Crimes (A Scrapbooking Mystery, #1)
  • Too Many Crooks Spoil the Broth (Pennsylvania Dutch Mystery, #1)
  • Fatally Frosted (Donut Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Sugarplum Dead (Death on Demand, #12)
  • Murder Makes Waves (Southern Sisters Mystery, #4)
Leslie Meier lives in Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is the creator of 'Lucy Stone', a reporter and amateur sleuth in New England.

More about Leslie Meier...
Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #1) Bake Sale Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #13) Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3) Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #2) Back to School Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #4)