Start by marking “Shattered Reality” as Want to Read:
Shattered Reality

Shattered Reality

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A wonderful read for all parents, teachers, counselors .... we need to open our eyes to child sexual assault and help put a stop to this silent epidemic. The sexual abuse of a child creates a devastating family crisis. Parents want to know what to do and say to help their child but they also want to know how to respond to and heal their own emotional turmoil. As a parent, ...more
Published August 18th 2008 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Reality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Reality

Farrah
Feb 23, 2009 Farrah rated it really liked it
How do I really explain my feelings after reading this book as a young teen victim to child molestation myself? It's not that I "really liked" this book and wanted to re-read it again at a later date, but that I "really liked" the fact that it is out there to bring this real issue out in front of everyone's eyes instead of keeping it hush hush.

"[F:]amily’s experiences with Child Sexual Assault are unique to us, they are sadly too similar to so many other families who have had to deal with the af
Kimberly
Sep 29, 2008 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Allbooks Review International works with authors from all over the world both traditionally published and POD. Once a year we like to award those with a special talent.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING Shattered Reality a 2010 WINNER!!

Child Sexual Assault.

What do you think when you hear those words? It won’t ever happen to my child. My children know all about “Stranger Danger”. My child will never fall prey. My child will tell me if someone tries to hurt them. I will know if something is wrong.

Think again!

C
Lisa
Feb 11, 2009 Lisa rated it liked it
Just not sure what to write about this one. I received this free thanks to Carrie at Wordstomouth.com. I do think this is a bold amazing book where one mother tells her story of learning her daughter was moelested by her uncle. It is probably very educational on what living through this experience must feel like. Of course, the subject and fear related to this topic also made this a rather depressing read.

As a mandated reporter and a psychologist, i did find it interesting and informative to be
Rhonda Rae Baker
This is an important read and I gleaned some additional facts and thoughts.

I wanted to give it a five when started and soon realized the writing was more a three but settled on a four because the story is something that needs to be shared.

If you know someone who has dealt with sexual assault and especially if you are a mother who is struggling to help your child, take the time to read this. I'm sure there is something that will help.

I'm writing my own memoirs and believe that every story matters
J a E F A I
J a E F A I rated it it was ok
Eric Wilson
Eric Wilson rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2010
abdolla abdollay
abdolla abdollay rated it it was amazing
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2009
Dylan
Dylan marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2008
Shannon McGee
Shannon McGee marked it as to-read
Dr. Turaba Khanum
Dr. Turaba Khanum is currently reading it
Janie Pendleton
Janie Pendleton marked it as to-read
Deanna
Deanna marked it as to-read
Brooklyn Darkchild
Brooklyn Darkchild marked it as to-read
Bill
Bill marked it as to-read
Mahmud
Mahmud added it
Ashante
Ashante marked it as to-read
"Jakia7d" }
"Jakia7d" } marked it as to-read
T.L. James
T.L. James marked it as to-read
Donneil D. Jackson
Donneil D. Jackson marked it as to-read
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2008
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2008
Icha
Icha marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2008
Seven
Seven marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2008
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2008
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2008
Lacresha
Lacresha marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2008
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2008
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2008
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2008
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2008
Sandy
Sandy added it
Jan 02, 2009
Angela Ryser Bahling
Angela Ryser Bahling marked it as to-read
Jennifer Defoy
Jennifer Defoy marked it as to-read
Jenna
Jenna marked it as to-read
Thoughts of Shattered Reality 1 3 Oct 07, 2008 03:44PM
I have the body of an 18-year-old, but it's in the trunk of my car and it's starting to smell. I am smarter than my 5th grader but getting dumber every day.
I was born the oldest of 3 girls. I am very close to her sisters, parents, cousins and nieces and wouldn’t know what to do without her family and their support!

After a school career that included years of failed chemistry classes that began too
More about Kimberly Cheryl...